The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 20, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #12,722 of 35,338
Again, that's just not true. Regardless of the reason for the return (yes even if it's a blatant fake), it is entirely up to the seller whether or not to reimburse return postage. Some do, most don't. A seller of counterfeits likely will not, in fact many of them count on the cost of return shipping to deter buyers from making returns.

I fully agree that eBay treats sellers horribly. However they don't care about protecting buyers either.

If a buyer wants a refund for an item that didn't match the listing description:
We ask the buyer to ship the item back to you—with tracking information—within 5 business days.
Your refund to the buyer is the total purchase price plus the original shipping charge.
You're also required to pay for the return shipping charges and you can't charge a restocking fee.

You're backed up by your credit card company/bank + ebay + paypal. There's no risk if you're honest and not a complete idiot.

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #12,723 of 35,338
I might regret this (since I'm still on the fence about picking one up, and they tend to sell out of things), but TOM has the Denon DA-10 for $314, which is quite a bit less than I've seen it anywhere else. Also significantly less than any prices listed in the thread here on head-fi.

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/kef-america-denon/denon-da-10-portable-dac-headphone-amplifer

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #12,724 of 35,338
  Audio Technica AD700x refurbs $75.00 shipped

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sdtid=7676818&sku=ATHAD700RFB&omid=200&ref=cj&utm_source=CJ

AD900x refurbs $114.00 shipped

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sdtid=7676818&sku=ATHAD900XOB&omid=200&ref=cj&utm_source=CJ

They were just $60 and $99 with the MARDIGRAS15 coupon since last Tuesday. Coupon expired yesterday though.

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #12,727 of 35,338
I see no real point in purchasing the Microstreamer, as the Herus Resonessence can do everything so much better for for a few more dollars :)
I've had both side-by-side, difference was night and day in favor of the Herus.

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #12,728 of 35,338
If a buyer wants a refund for an item that didn't match the listing description:
We ask the buyer to ship the item back to you—with tracking information—within 5 business days.
Your refund to the buyer is the total purchase price plus the original shipping charge.
You're also required to pay for the return shipping charges and you can't charge a restocking fee.

You're backed up by your credit card company/bank + ebay + paypal. There's no risk if you're honest and not a complete idiot.

That only applies if you ship the return using eBay shipping labels, within the USA, via USPS. Any other circumstance (you know, rest of the world or any international return) there is no obligation on the seller to pay return postage. Source.

Now please stop quoting me, I'm done with this. If you think eBay and Paypal have your back, that's your problem and eventual loss.

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #12,729 of 35,338
That only applies if you ship the return using eBay shipping labels, within the USA, via USPS. Any other circumstance (you know, rest of the world or any international return) there is no obligation on the seller to pay return postage. Source.

Now please stop quoting me, I'm done with this. If you think eBay and Paypal have your back, that's your problem and eventual loss.

If you're returning an item because it isn't as described in the listing, the seller is responsible for return shipping charges, regardless of the seller's return policy.

When you want to return an item using alternative shipping arrangements, and the seller is responsible for the return shipping charges, you must work with the seller to agree on the shipping service and cost before returning the item.

Being a seller on ebay, I know there's very high risk if you don't make the buyers happy. If you don't make arrangements ebay will let the buyer keep the item + refund them the money.
Ebay is perfect for buyers if you know how to use it properly. It's your choice to respond btw so stop getting mad.

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #12,730 of 35,338
lol when did the deals thread turn nto an ebay discussion thread? maybe better to continue the conversation over pm or on a new thred =)

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #12,732 of 35,338
If you're returning an item because it isn't as described in the listing, the seller is responsible for return shipping charges, regardless of the seller's return policy.

When you want to return an item using alternative shipping arrangements, and the seller is responsible for the return shipping charges, you must work with the seller to agree on the shipping service and cost before returning the item.

Being a seller on ebay, I know there's very high risk if you don't make the buyers happy. If you don't make arrangements ebay will let the buyer keep the item + refund them the money.
Ebay is perfect for buyers if you know how to use it properly. It's your choice to respond btw so stop getting mad.

Please at least read before getting personal with it. I explained and even referenced the source for you.

If you use alternative shipping arrangements, return shipping charges aren't included in any eBay Money Back Guarantee refunds, even if the seller agreed to pay return shipping charges.

Alternative shipping arrangements = anything and everything except when all of the following are satisfied:
1) Return shipped using eBay shipping labels
2) Both buyer and seller within the USA
3) Shipped via USPS
4) Plus the 5 requirements listed under Alternative return shipping arrangements

For example, the eBay deal that lead to all this was a seller in Japan. Hence buyer pays postage.

Can you comprehend that?

Try sticking with facts rather than making allegations about my emotional state.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #12,733 of 35,338
lol when did the deals thread turn nto an ebay discussion thread? maybe better to continue the conversation over pm or on a new thred =)

Anything and everything else is discussed in here, off the top of my head:
- HD650 veil or no veil
- Audeo filters

I wanted to stop the pointless arguing, already stopped responding to the last person and they were kind enough to do likewise. Then someone else comes along and wants to make it personal, so be it. Seems to be par for the course here anyway.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #12,734 of 35,338
I thought you were done with it? You can stop responding any time you want.

The problem is you fail to understand how it actually works, and how sellers with high feedback have a lot more at risk than you.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #12,735 of 35,338
I thought you were done with it? You can stop responding any time you want.

The problem is you fail to understand how it actually works, and how sellers with high feedback have a lot more at risk than you.

Nah I changed my mind and will keep discussing if you don't mind.

The problem is that you fail to read the eBay policy page I linked for you and choose to ignore the facts I laid out plainly in easy-to-understand point form.

Making vague statements like "how it actually works" whilst ignoring factual policies and resorting to the much overused "u mad bro?" achieves absolutely nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back