The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #10,681 of 35,319
Ebay is running 5x ebay bucks today. I just received $15 on a $150 purchase.

Where do you see this at? I just bought something and it didn't count and I don't see anything about this anywhere on eBay. Please advise.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #10,683 of 35,319
Seems like all HD600/650 deals I've seen charge tax, which isn't really much of a deal in my book.
confused_face.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #10,684 of 35,319
  How do you like yours, are they comfortable??  Sound good? I have been buying less from Amazon since they started charging sales tax in Texas.

I like the sound of IE80 a lot. It's one of the best IEMs I have heard (among W3, TF10, GR07, etc ). The sound signature is warm and full with decent soundstage. Some people may feel it's too thick with too much bass (especially if they are used to the BA sound). I am not a basshead but I do appreciate the bass of IE80 (bass dial set to minimum). I don't regret buying them even I paid more than the current deal price two years ago.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #10,685 of 35,319
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #10,687 of 35,319
  It's on the front page...

Ah so it is.  Weird that it doesn't come up when I searched by HD650 or by Sennheiser.  Thx

Link:  http://www.proaudiostar.com/featured-product/sennheiser-hd-650-headphones.html

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #10,688 of 35,319

I like the sound of IE80 a lot. It's one of the best IEMs I have heard (among W3, TF10, GR07, etc ). The sound signature is warm and full with decent soundstage. Some people may feel it's too thick with too much bass (especially if they are used to the BA sound). I am not a basshead but I do appreciate the bass of IE80 (bass dial set to minimum). I don't regret buying them even I paid more than the current deal price two years ago.

Dang you...now you are making me want to buy them again...and the deal is still available...

How is there isolation?  Some of the reviews I read report them as mediocre to poor.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #10,691 of 35,319

Dang you...now you are making me want to buy them again...and the deal is still available...

How is there isolation?  Some of the reviews I read report them as mediocre to poor.

Well, it's worth to buy them again IMO. I don't mean to go off tangent on this deal thread but spending a little time discussing the features and qualities of a product may help us to determine if a deal is worth it.

I think the isolation of the IE80 is dependent on whether you can get a good seal. I am using the Monster Turbine tips and they can block out pretty much all of the background noise in an office environment. Although the best isolation I have had was the SE215 with foam tips. They can block out everything, 100%.

Speaking of SE215, does anyone know of any good deals for the SE215 special edition (the blue one)? Thanks.

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #10,692 of 35,319

Well, it's worth to buy them again IMO. I don't mean to go off tangent on this deal thread but spending a little time discussing the features and qualities of a product may help us to determine if a deal is worth it.

I think the isolation of the IE80 is dependent on whether you can get a good seal. I am using the Monster Turbine tips and they can block out pretty much all of the background noise in an office environment. Although the best isolation I have had was the SE215 with foam tips. They can block out everything, 100%.

Speaking of SE215, does anyone know of any good deals for the SE215 special edition (the blue one)? Thanks.

A) Aaarrgghhh my wallet and girlfriend are already super pissed at me...

B) Massdrop had a deal on SE215 SE for $115 + $5 shipping, but I think it is over now...

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #10,693 of 35,319
I bit and got the IE 80's I . I have always been curious about their sound signature and I have been kicking myself that I missed out on the Woot deal. I need another iem like I need another hole in my head but oh well yolo.

Klipsch X11's on sale again @ New Egg for $129.99  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0TH-00A0-00034&cm_re=klipsch_x11-_-0TH-00A0-00034-_-Product

These are the most comfortable iem I have ever had. These ony have a one year warranty for some reason. New Egg is a Klipsch authorized dealer. 

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #10,694 of 35,319

Bought the HD650 for $314 from B&H Photo Video on Monday; free shipping to Texas and no sales tax. Have been extremely happy with B&H in the past.

Yeah, but if you live in NYC, it'll end up as ~$342. 
blink.gif

It's a nice place though, and they have the most headphones to tryout on a store I've seen so far.
L3000.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #10,695 of 35,319
I got in on the Woot deal and a Fiio x3 on BF. I tested both out as soon as they arrived. I was already walking out the door and in a rush I played the ie80's through the line out for the first 20 minutes. Could I have caused any damage? I really doubt it, but the soundstage and imaging can be bizarre with some songs. Wide, great imaging but no harmony, would be great for a studio. The bass can be a little boomy, and it gets more noise than my other iem's. Coming from x11i, slightly more refined but not as vast a difference as you'd get jumping up a tier with full sized headphones. The x11i's definitely have more musicality and comfort is not even comparable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back