The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #10,111 of 35,319

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about mine.  Probably not going to use it as I've spent too much money in the last month on other stuff (*coughSennheisercough*).  Got until Dec 14 to decide I guess...

Same here. I picked up a pair of the HD700s from the outlet and can't decide what I want to do with them. Haven't even opened them yet. And I went crazy on Massdrop as well. I have 4 drops on sale right now on here, none of which I needed to begin with! Oh well, at least it is staying in the community!

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #10,112 of 35,319
  Same here. I picked up a pair of the HD700s from the outlet and can't decide what I want to do with them. Haven't even opened them yet. And I went crazy on Massdrop as well. I have 4 drops on sale right now on here, none of which I needed to begin with! Oh well, at least it is staying in the community!

Since you must have got a good price on the 700's, pretty sure you can open them, and try them.  If you don't like, you should be able to sell them here for what you paid, or even maybe make money on ebay.

I bought a pair for $350 with tax, and that was my plan.  But, after listening to them the last two nights, they're not going anywhere.

It will come down to your preferences, but they work for me, and will be my go to can from now on.

Randy

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #10,113 of 35,319
  Since you must have got a good price on the 700's, pretty sure you can open them, and try them.  If you don't like, you should be able to sell them here for what you paid, or even maybe make money on ebay.

I bought a pair for $350 with tax, and that was my plan.  But, after listening to them the last two nights, they're not going anywhere.

It will come down to your preferences, but they work for me, and will be my go to can from now on.

Randy

Where did you get HD700 for $350?! New or used?

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #10,117 of 35,319
The HD 700's are sooooo comfortable.  The build quality is good (typical Senn with a lot of plastic and some metal but really nice stuff) and the sound is pretty darn nice also.  I got them new for a great price thanks to this thread.  

I can see why they're not for everyone.  I think I prefer the sound of my HD 650's now that I have the fitment working and I've adjusted to them/burn-in/whatever one wants to refer to it as.  Would love to have the 650 sound in the 700 package.  I also wish I'd gotten the deal on the 650's that several have here...boy was this thread smokin' with good stuff over the BF/CM period...like a crack frenzy!

biggrin.gif

HS

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #10,118 of 35,319
  The HD 700's are sooooo comfortable.  The build quality is good (typical Senn with a lot of plastic and some metal but really nice stuff) and the sound is pretty darn nice also.  I got them new for a great price thanks to this thread.  

I can see why they're not for everyone.  I think I prefer the sound of my HD 650's now that I have the fitment working and I've adjusted to them/burn-in/whatever one wants to refer to it as.  Would love to have the 650 sound in the 700 package.  I also wish I'd gotten the deal on the 650's that several have here...boy was this thread smokin' with good stuff over the BF/CM period...like a crack frenzy!

biggrin.gif

HS

This SOOO much!  I prefer the sound of the 650 but holy hell are they uncomfortable compared to the 700.  Once I decide 100% to keep them, I'm going to have to figure out how to reduce the clamp.  The HD650 in the HD700 package would be amazing.  

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #10,121 of 35,319

This SOOO much!  I prefer the sound of the 650 but holy hell are they uncomfortable compared to the 700.  Once I decide 100% to keep them, I'm going to have to figure out how to reduce the clamp.  The HD650 in the HD700 package would be amazing.  

Did you see the post/thread with the how-to on adjusting the clamping force without damaging the unit?  Definitely a good option and helped me a lot.  Won't ever be the butter that the HD 700 is on the noggin but it beats the kung-fu grip...

biggrin.gif

HS

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #10,122 of 35,319

Did you see the post/thread with the how-to on adjusting the clamping force without damaging the unit?  Definitely a good option and helped me a lot.  Won't ever be the butter that the HD 700 is on the noggin but it beats the kung-fu grip...

biggrin.gif

HS

Something about fully extending the arms and gently bending them where the arms enter the plastic.  I'll give it a shot later once I'm sure I'm not going to be reselling or returning them.  It's going to be pretty tough deciding on whether to keep the HD650 or the HE-4.  It may take me a couple months or years to decide...  
blink.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #10,123 of 35,319

Something about fully extending the arms and gently bending them where the arms enter the plastic.  I'll give it a shot later once I'm sure I'm not going to be reselling or returning them.  It's going to be pretty tough deciding on whether to keep the HD650 or the HE-4.  It may take me a couple months or years to decide...  
blink.gif

So I read it a bit different.  What I did was extend them...and man they must be designed for sasquatch they're so darn long.  Then I placed my thumbs in the center of the metal band that's extended...starting by placing one thumb right where it was set at the right position and then pulling out to ensure I had the place that would be just past the inside of the headband once retracted to normal (i.e. you're getting max value for your adjustment).  Then gently place some pressure on them....I had to do it several times and you grab a big swath of the plastic to hang on to on the band and headphone with your hands so no small pressure points.  What you're effectively doing is straightening the bend a bit...not putting a crease in the metal. It's resiliant so it takes several goes and after a while you'll get more confident that they are solid and you'll put a bit more pressure on.  Worked wonders for mine.

Good luck.

HS

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #10,125 of 35,319

Randy

Already had a pair once and sold them. I paid the $323 for them but decided I don't need another pair. Want to go orthos instead (HE-560). Didn't find them to be $200 better than my HD600 in the first place. Just my .02 on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back