The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #9,196 of 35,325
  I've been looking for a killer deal on a DAC/headphone amp or just DAC $750-$1000. Only thing I've seen is Burson Conductor SL9018 and they've been on sale for a while now.

Anyone seen anything?

EDIT: Also looking for Grado PS500 or RS1. (RS1 at BuySonic at $499 a little high, OK in CAD though.)

Woo Audio is offering 10% off and free shipping through Monday. Not a huge discount, but they don't sale price often.

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #9,198 of 35,325
I pulled the trigger on the X1. I know it has been cheaper in the past, but i still feel it was a good value for the price. I have never tried them, but based on reviews and sound signature, i think they are the perfect headphone for me so i am looking forward to it! :)

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #9,199 of 35,325
Man, I don't know how I keep missing the super amazing deals. $180 is good price though, but not good enough for me to make a out of the blue purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apocalypse7,

If you decided otherwise for the hd598, I would see if others would like to take them off your hands. $99 is a very good price for the HD598, your basically get a hd598 for the price of a HD558.

I added the X1 to my cart but decided against placing the order since $80 extra (as compared to the 598s) doesn't seem worth it for me (a tight budgeted student here). If something else comes up and I decide to ditch the 598s, I'll definitely post here and see if anyone else would like to have it. :)

Went for the X1, it was cheaper oncehad it in my cart then, but driving to work, was sold out when I tried to complete the order), never seen them at that price since.

But the deal is only 71% claimed at the moment. You should be able to add it to your cart again?

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #9,200 of 35,325
It possible that through December we might be seeing some of these headphones for sale used here. Time to set up alerts or learn RSS :)

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #9,201 of 35,325
Man, I don't know how I keep missing the super amazing deals. $180 is good price though, but not good enough for me to make a out of the blue purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apocalypse7,

If you decided otherwise for the hd598, I would see if others would like to take them off your hands. $99 is a very good price for the HD598, your basically get a hd598 for the price of a HD558.

went to 195 with tax for me .... decided to wait on a deal for X2

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #9,202 of 35,325
For those of you on the brinks about the X1, I'm kind of confused on why everyone thinks that the deal is mediocre.  There is only one time that they have been lower than $180 and that is when they were an Amazon DOTD a year ago for $150.  For $30, it was a no-brainer in my opinion, as they are a phenomenal headphone.  We don't know when or even if they will go that low again, as Amazon has fazed out out-dated models in the past without a final clearing deal...

I pulled the trigger without hesitation and am excited to receive mine at least, and this time is going to be my second time owning them as well (with the first time being that original $150 deal).  Who knows when and if an X2 deal will occur.  It was easily worth it in my eyes!

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #9,203 of 35,325
For those of you on the brinks about the X1, I'm kind of confused on why everyone thinks that the deal is mediocre.  There is only one time that they have been lower than $180 and that is when they were an Amazon DOTD a year ago for $150.  For $30, it was a no-brainer in my opinion, as they are a phenomenal headphone.  We don't know when or even if they will go that low again, as Amazon has fazed out out-dated models in the past without a final clearing deal...

I pulled the trigger without hesitation and am excited to receive mine at least, and this time is going to be my second time owning them as well (with the first time being that original $150 deal).  Who knows when and if an X2 deal will occur.  It was easily worth it in my eyes!

I am hoping you are right! According to amazon, mine will be here tomorrow!

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #9,204 of 35,325
looking for some feedback / comparisons on some of the custom iems being sold for Black Friday. Uerm and 1964ears specifically. Prices OK, not greagreatt may splurge. thoughts?

I'm throwing these out too as they look to be a better price than usual and I've read some good feedback.  I am with you....which ones are most recommended.  I tend to like a warmer sound (current headphones are Sony Z7's, HD 700, HD 650 and AT M50x).  I'm not a bass head but I like there to be solid bass...nothing too bright like a Beyer).

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/shure-se846-reference-iem

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ultimate-ears-custom-in-ear-reference-monitors

HS

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #9,205 of 35,325

Because many people here already own better headphones or something similar. It is a good deal for those who want it, but it isn't a good deal for those buying out of impulse. I live in a tax-on-every-website state so the deal comes closer to $200 which is even worse.

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #9,206 of 35,325
Because many people here already own better headphones or something similar. It is a good deal for those who want it, but it isn't a good deal for those buying out of impulse.
+1. If it was $10 lower, it would've been an impulse buy. I see 180 and my brain rounds it up to 200. If I saw 170, I think 150 for some reason. So not as impulsive to buy.

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #9,209 of 35,325
For me it's not because it a bad deal, but not an impulse buy deal. The hd598 price is worthy of an impulse buy also the hd700 even if I need them or not, for me atleast, but I missed it. I wouldn't mind pulling for the X1 if I'm not waiting to see if the T1 goes low enough for me to reach.

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #9,210 of 35,325
Might be a little late as many records may already be sold out unless you're out on the west coast, but black friday has limited releases of various records at your local record store.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

Users who are viewing this thread

Back