The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 21, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #8,551 of 35,373
Only thing with the HD800 is you'll need the right rig for it. So while it is a "fantastic" deal for under a 1K, it's not so fantastic when you gotta upgrade other parts of your chain. So there's that.. great deal though for sure.

I was listening to some Chesky HDtracks via Schiit Bifrost Uber and a Bottlehead Crack (non speedball) with an HD800. Man, had to pick my jaw off the floor it sounded amazing.

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #8,553 of 35,373

If you have the 800, there is little reason to keep the 700.

We always have to remember: There is no one "best" headphone. All of them represent a collection of design compromises. And as eveyone's ears and gear are different. everyone experiences each headphone differently. Again, audio preferences are extremely subjective and often quite emotional.

In my experience with the 800, I found it to excel as a very clinical and analytical piece of "test equipment", but I don't much enjoy listening to it. I find it to be too cold and lacking in bass quantity, and I much prefer the slightly warmer and bassier 700. But of course, others very strongly disagree with my assessment. In the end, sujitsky really needs to spend serious time with both and then decide which works best with his/her ears and gear.

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #8,554 of 35,373
Tks for that post, i have been looking for a deal on IEM aurvana 3 and $59 looks nice. Regular price on amazon is $80

On the other hand, the CAL price is not very tempting. I became aware of this HP on this thread and its a very nice one. Think i have paid 68 on amazon

IMO, Aurvana IEM3 deserve more attention, a $60 bargain. Got some for $60 last blk friday and have been thinking a spare set. I like them enough to have the ''what if they break'' anxiety. The skinny cord [no volume or pause] has held up so far. The dual BA easily beat my former Single BA UE 5Vi [$60 on sale] all arounder fave. All BA traits, little bass shy need some bass boost, iPod touch bass boost about perfect, decent volume too, quick, dynamic detailed. Still a head scratcher for how they make SomaFM 128k streams sound so very good.
Easy to sleep with them in, like Shure or Westone fit. For my biggish ears the large silicone tips and piece of tip sleeve pushed on first to assure deep canal fit and critical seal. The Power Amp app EQ on tablet does a nice job for more bass at cost of high volume.

Sheesh those HD 650's ((poof)) ... less than 1 minute!!

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #8,555 of 35,373

461 incl tax and HD tracks voucher

That will fly off the classifieds as long as you keep it unopened. You'll also get to get a new album in HD (keep the voucher!!)

Tks for that post, i have been looking for a deal on IEM aurvana 3 and $59 looks nice. Regular price on amazon is $80

On the other hand, the CAL price is not very tempting. I became aware of this HP on this thread and its a very nice one. Think i have paid 68 on amazon

IMO, Aurvana IEM3 deserve more attention, a $60 bargain. Got some for $60 last blk friday and have been thinking a spare set. I like them enough to have the ''what if they break'' anxiety. The skinny cord [no volume or pause] has held up so far. The dual BA easily beat my former Single BA UE 5Vi [$60 on sale] all arounder fave. All BA traits, little bass shy need some bass boost, iPod touch bass boost about perfect, decent volume too, quick, dynamic detailed. Still a head scratcher for how they make SomaFM 128k streams sound so very good.
Easy to sleep with them in, like Shure or Westone fit. For my biggish ears the large silicone tips and piece of tip sleeve pushed on first to assure deep canal fit and critical seal. The Power Amp app EQ on tablet does a nice job for more bass at cost of high volume.

I foolishly traded mine for some super bass-head iems like an idiot. This might be a fantastic time to revisit! Specially since I was drooling over the 535 recently on sale at $359.

Nov 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #8,556 of 35,373

If you have the 800, there is little reason to keep the 700.

We always have to remember: There is no one "best" headphone. All of them represent a collection of design compromises. And as eveyone's ears and gear are different. everyone experiences each headphone differently. Again, audio preferences are extremely subjective and often quite emotional.

In my experience with the 800, I found it to excel as a very clinical and analytical piece of "test equipment", but I don't much enjoy listening to it. I find it to be too cold and lacking in bass quantity, and I much prefer the slightly warmer and bassier 700. But of course, others very strongly disagree with my assessment. In the end, sujitsky really needs to spend serious time with both and then decide which works best with his/her ears and gear.

No doubt that some will always prefer either headphone in almost any comparison of two cans.  However, I suspect that you are on the skinny side of the bell curve on this one--and that's OK.  Although it's always better to judge with your own ears, I think these two write ups capture the essence of each can:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_HD700

vs.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_HD800

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #8,557 of 35,373
I always wonder when I see people comparing the HD700 against other flagships if the cost-bias causes it to be rated lower than it maybe should.  I wonder what would happen if someone like myself compared it to his $200-300 headphones...

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #8,558 of 35,373

No doubt that some will always prefer either headphone in almost any comparison of two cans.  However, I suspect that you are on the skinny side of the bell curve on this one--and that's OK.  Although it's always better to judge with your own ears, I think these two write ups capture the essence of each can:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_HD700

vs.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_HD800

Again, this is one person's opinion, using his ears and his gear. I don't know about others, but I prefer to devote the necessary time and energy to develop my own opinions.

Cheers

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #8,559 of 35,373

Sheesh those HD 650's ((poof)) ... less than 1 minute!!

Aurvana IEM3 IS a good sounding IEM. $60 is a good price.

But if you are shopping in this price range, also consider the TTPOD T1E and the Ostry K06a. IMO, these are better performers than the than the Aurvana IEM3.

I got the Aurvana IEM3 last Black Friday. At first I thought they were kind of "blah" but after listening for a while, they do have a nice, mid-centric, musical sound.

I've always felt, however, that while nice and very listenable, they are on the inoffensive and non-descript side of the spectrum.

I feel that the TTPOD T1E and Ostry K06a get you more deeply involved in the music, are much better values, and are pretty awesome performers regardless of price.

Just my opinion, but thought you guys should know about these other options.

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #8,560 of 35,373

vs.

Again, this is one person's opinion, using his ears and his gear. I don't know about others, but I prefer to devote the necessary time and energy to develop my own opinions.

Cheers

So do I.  My opinions, based on extensive listening to both the HD 700 & HD 800 (as well as HD 600 & 650) on mutiple amps fed by high end disc players by the likes of Sony and Oppo, come very close to the two I posted.

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #8,561 of 35,373
  I always wonder when I see people comparing the HD700 against other flagships if the cost-bias causes it to be rated lower than it maybe should.  I wonder what would happen if someone like myself compared it to his $200-300 headphones...

Well, LLF says they're only worth $300, so maybe it would be a fair match 
etysmile.gif

But in all seriousness, people are very biased towards expensive gear. "Why else should it cost so much?". I don't regret picking a pair of HE-500s over HD800s for personal listening. 

In a somewhat deal related note. I think it's rare to see a 4TB hard drive for under $100, but it's definitely doable here, with no tax! 

http://slickdeals.net/f/7400162-4tb-seagate-expansion-usb-3-0-external-hard-drive-110-or-less-after-20-rebate-free-shipping

Seriously, 24/192 FLAC files take up a lot of space.

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #8,563 of 35,373

That will fly off the classifieds as long as you keep it unopened. You'll also get to get a new album in HD (keep the voucher!!)

I foolishly traded mine for some super bass-head iems like an idiot. This might be a fantastic time to revisit! Specially since I was drooling over the 535 recently on sale at $359.

I just received them today and the box is very much unopened for now :) ...

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #8,564 of 35,373
  Can anyone who bought from the Sennheiser sale tell me how to get the voucher.  My headphones have been received, but I don't see any code.  My email just said to enter my code, but I'm not sure where to find it.

Thanks,
Robert

it should be in the second email that sennheiser sends you. first email is immediate and then you get another email shortly with order confirmation. look under -

Product SKU: HDTRACKS
Product Name: Free $25 voucher for HDtracks
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $0.00
Digital Rights: YOUR CODE SHOULD BE HERE

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #8,565 of 35,373
  Buysonic has Grados...

Yeah, I know, but (recalling my Grado Straight), I have all them.  I'm looking for the top end... PS1000e or GS1000e. Thanks, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back