The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #8,102 of 35,332
  I don't suppose you're gonna regulate what he does with his headphones now are you? If he doesn't like the headphones and is able to sell them off at a higher price, more power to him. I suggest that he put them up on eBay. There's a better chance of him finding a good price there.

Thanks for stating the obvious.  Case close and move on.

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #8,104 of 35,332
  I don't suppose you're gonna regulate what he does with his headphones now are you? If he doesn't like the headphones and is able to sell them off at a higher price, more power to him. I suggest that he put them up on eBay. There's a better chance of him finding a good price there.

FYI its against the TOS on the F/S section to make a profit off of fellow head-fiers I think. They especially mention black Friday sales. Just wanted to throw that out there. But yeah its a free country and he would recuperate more at other venues :)

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #8,105 of 35,332

FYI its against the TOS on the F/S section to make a profit off of fellow head-fiers I think. They especially mention black Friday sales. Just wanted to throw that out there. But yeah its a free country and he would recuperate more at other venues :)

Thanks for the info, RedJohn. 
biggrin.gif
 I'm glad you took your time to be informative, unlike others who would rather take the ambiguous and passive aggressive route. 

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #8,106 of 35,332
We need to stick to headphones and headphone deals. This thread has had enough trouble already.

Sony XBA-40/S Silver | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese Import)

Sold by EBISU&CO. and Fulfilled by Amazon $181 w/free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00931SCO8

Not a bad deal for a 4 driver BA IEM.

Nov 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #8,107 of 35,332
  looks like the Koss esp-950 (planar) cans are going to be a lightning deal on Amazon in a couple of hours.

Just curious, how can you tell what's coming up as a lightning deal?

Also, the ESP-950 are not planar, they are electrostats. 

Nov 16, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #8,108 of 35,332

Just curious, how can you tell what's coming up as a lightning deal?

Also, the ESP-950 are not planar, they are electrostats. 

Whoops, I see the upcoming section now on Amazon.

Upcoming Deal
Koss ESP-950 Electrostatic Stereophone

Starts at 3:50 PM

[3:50 is probably MDT]

Nov 16, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #8,110 of 35,332
Respectfully, if you never seen a graph on these would you know about the ringing?

Yep, because I had them before the graphs came online, the week they were launched.

Nov 16, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #8,111 of 35,332

If you don't mind open-headphones that do not noise isolate, you can find the open planar magnetic HE-400 at less than $250ish open box/used and $300 new.

The only issue with that is I did try out the HE-300's that I got on their Black Friday deal last year for $149 and they were so huge on my head that they actually leaked more sound than I had incoming sound.Crazy but true,otherwise a great deal.Shame the He-400's are such a great deal too cause I would certainly jump on those.

Nov 16, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #8,112 of 35,332
  We need to stick to headphones and headphone deals. This thread has had enough trouble already.

Sony XBA-40/S Silver | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese Import)

Sold by EBISU&CO. and Fulfilled by Amazon $181 w/free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00931SCO8

Not a bad deal for a 4 driver BA IEM.

Anyone tried these, etc?  Is it safe to assume that most quad-BA IEM's will have a similar sound signature or not really?

Nov 16, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #8,113 of 35,332
  Anyone tried these, etc?  Is it safe to assume that most quad-BA IEM's will have a similar sound signature or not really?

I have not tried these.  But I would say that it is not safe to assume that most quad-BA IEMs have a similar sound signature. Tuning and drivers can change the sound quite a bit in my experience.

Nov 16, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #8,114 of 35,332
I think these are warm sounding. There's a few read on the forum on them. Plus not sure how great of a deal those are even if there's a price slash, best to look around.

Nov 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #8,115 of 35,332
Thanks, I did some further reading and I don't think these are for me.  Now I'm kinda bummed I missed the RE-400 for $50.  Are they worth the current sale price of $80?  I don't know that the Deals thread is going to bite on the $80 one when they were $50 a few days ago... but they're supposed to be good even at $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back