The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 6, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #3,316 of 35,343
Why no Fidelio X1 price but? BTW, L1 vs X1, what is the main differences? I tried X1, very bassy but in a good way. Unlike Vmoda M100 bass which is, .....

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #3,317 of 35,343

Just bought one along with a Sony 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card for $35.99 to go with my Fiio X3

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1XI94Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice, I've had an eye on that as a cheap setup for one room in the new house running a budget pair of speakers. You'll have to let me know how it is.

Mar 6, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #3,318 of 35,343
I quickly had that Lepai hooked up to some cheap Sony speakers while I was packing my place up to move, and it did it's job... I only bought the one when I did, to power a couple of those Dayton Puck tactile transducers for when I play video games or watch movies. For that application the Lepai is perfect and at $18 or so, that I paid for it, it was definitely worth it. I didn't just get a pair of AudioEngine A5+s, I would have eventually gotten another Lepai to power a decent set of bookshelf speakers for a new computer setup.

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #3,323 of 35,343
  I quickly had that Lepai hooked up to some cheap Sony speakers while I was packing my place up to move, and it did it's job... I only bought the one when I did, to power a couple of those Dayton Puck tactile transducers for when I play video games or watch movies. For that application the Lepai is perfect and at $18 or so, that I paid for it, it was definitely worth it. I didn't just get a pair of AudioEngine A5+s, I would have eventually gotten another Lepai to power a decent set of bookshelf speakers for a new computer setup.

mine was dead after one week of use, I was using it with HE-400. It was good till it lasted.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #3,324 of 35,343
Newegg.com has a special on Neweggflash sales of a Scosche Realm Rh600 headphones for $27.99 USD in black or white color.

Not many of us here at Head-Fi would consider buying Scosche for headphones. But these are very good portable headphones with good build quality except for earcups which I believe the plastic to be a little thin. The headphones have a very good aluminum headband that needs to be bent for fitment. And you will probably have to replace the earpads for comfort's sake.

When you do the above for comfort you hopefully be rewarded with a fairly competent headphone. The SQ of this headphone really surprised me. It is fairly well balanced with maybe a mid-centric touch will good bass response (not bloated or and mid-bass bump as much as I can perceive). And the treble is decent with good extension. The headphones really need to burned-in for about three days to sound their best. The soundstage isn't the widest or deepest but these are supposed to be small portable headphones; instrument location is good and they are very efficient (no need for amplification).

I believe to be a very good value at Newegg's sale price.

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #3,328 of 35,343
  Aw I missed it too lol. Def. A pricing error but likely honored.

I doubt it. If they actually catch the error before shipping they'll likely just refund the purchase like most of the Beyerdynamic DT250 pricing error buyers a long time ago. The only people that got the product at the price were people that bought it immediately and had it shipped before amazon caught the error. 

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #3,330 of 35,343

Aw I missed it too lol. Def. A pricing error but likely honored.

I doubt it. If they actually catch the error before shipping they'll likely just refund the purchase like most of the Beyerdynamic DT250 pricing error buyers a long time ago. The only people that got the product at the price were people that bought it immediately and had it shipped before amazon caught the error. 

The story with the DT250 was different.  I am one of several people to whom the headphones where shipped at the low price ($27.80) after Amazon decided that it had made a pricing error. Amazon informed the buyer of the error and of the cancellation, a polite negotiation took place, and eventually Amazon honored the low price.  See the accounts in thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/681890/dt-250-for-27-80.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back