The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #721 of 35,325
FedEx will charge a $26 surcharge for addresses that are considered "Extended Delivery Area" in Canada. If that is the case you will be notified via email for approval prior to processing your order.

Tax, VAT and import duties will be due upon arrival

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #722 of 35,325
For all those who held back on UE900 due to rumors, I hope this has been a lesson to question facts rather than believe rumors. If I were to state that I have an insider friend that told me the HE-400 will be $199 on Christmas (NOT TRUE!), how many people would lose out on the current deal? Rumors do not have a place on this thread. Unless you have definite evidence, do not post otherwise.

+1 I agree man.

What I like about that story is that the "industry insider" who gave the information about the $109 UE900 was some random dude that works at an audio shop in Canada. Not sure how working for an audio shop qualifies someone to be and "industry insider." Does serving popcorn at a movie theater make someone a Hollywood insider? LOL. That guy who spread those rumors is a terrible person. He could have at least said that his source was his friend who works for audio shop instead of making it sound like he had mysterious secret connections to a Logitech Executive VP of Operations.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #723 of 35,325

At least he didn't write UE900
rolleyes.gif
 UE9000 are not that good anyway.

i beg to differ. i paid $200AUD for my UE9000, and am happy with that. $70 for UE9000 would be an absolute steal.

find me a APT-X bluetooth headphone for $70 that has anywhere near as good sound as the UE9000 even in active NC mode (let alone as good as the UE9000 when used corded in passive mode).

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #725 of 35,325
the best idea would have been to get ue900 for 200$ and hold on to them for 2 more days.if 100$ deal comes,sell the previous set and keep this one

u will end up even making good profit

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #726 of 35,325

These look cool, should I buy them?

Well, the portapro's are classics. Getting them for $25 is a pretty great deal. And if you find the bass to be a bit much or uncontrolled at times, there are plenty of modding options. Classics I say!

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #727 of 35,325
  +1 I agree man.

What I like about that story is that the "industry insider" who gave the information about the $109 UE900 was some random dude that works at an audio shop in Canada. Not sure how working for an audio shop qualifies someone to be and "industry insider." Does serving popcorn at a movie theater make someone a Hollywood insider? LOL. 

No, he would be a popcorn expert. haha. The guy doesn't deserve a bad rep for trying to help people save money, as I'm sure he as well as many of us wanted the deal. If someone cancelled their order, it was because of their lack of decisiveness and are more than likely risk averse and used to it anyways. Unrelated to the post I quoted, it is amazing how much "discussing" (whining) goes on in this thread. 

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #729 of 35,325
  +1 I agree man.

What I like about that story is that the "industry insider" who gave the information about the $109 UE900 was some random dude that works at an audio shop in Canada. Not sure how working for an audio shop qualifies someone to be and "industry insider." Does serving popcorn at a movie theater make someone a Hollywood insider? LOL. That guy who spread those rumors is a terrible person. He could have at least said that his source was his friend who works for audio shop instead of making it sound like he had mysterious secret connections to a Logitech Executive VP of Operations.

I believe I was the one who brought up the $109 deal the first time.. I live in Toronto and it was based on what I was told here in Canada and based on how the UE 900 were no longer available from Logitech in UK and Australia, where they had them heavily discounted. My friend works in a place where they sell Logitech products for many many years and he is in the sales and customer care position. I passed it on in the thread, and OF COURSE I didn't promise anything, just shared info with head-fiers.  You don't know me and do not call me a horrible person just because the deal didn't happen. If you were not such an ignorant fool and closed minded person you would have taken the time to read my post from a few days ago and see that I clearly stated that.

I was the one who mentioned the UE 900. My friend works for one of the electronic shops in Toronto. He mentioned to me that he knows the owner was in touch with Logitech regarding the UE 900 and some other models. He said that his boss was offered a limited quantity by Logitech and they tried to negotiate it. At this point NCIX already listed the UE 900 for $199.99. The feeling was that something is going on with UE as in Australia and in the UK they were discounted and no longer available on the Logitech website. I checked it out and it was true. He also mentioned to me that Amazon USA is low on stock and they don't know what's up with that. It seems like Logitech had some stock to clear and they were looking to unload it to the highest bidder. At this point I asked him if it's worth buying and he said, "buy, don't open it and return if the price comes down". I posted that there is a rumour that the price might go to $109 based on what I was told. I emphasized that it's a rumour from my friend, so people should take it with a grain of salt. Sure enough, a few hours later NCIX came with the second Logitech deal; $190 shipping directly from Logitech, no returns, exchange only or replacement. I guess this the stock that my friend was talking about, I am just guessing as no one really knows. When I called him yesterday he assumed that Logitech had a small stock of 50+ pieces roughly and since Amazon US is pretty dry it seems like they didn't want to let buyers sell it less than the already good price that was offered by NCIX.
Disclaimer: this info was provided to me as a best of knowledge of a friend of mine. I am not affiliated with any retailer nor website.
I hope this clarifies what went down. 1 head-fi member PM'ed me and asked me about that, I suggested him what I was told: you can order and always return if unopened, but mind you there will be shipping cost to and from and also maybe duty and sales tax.... So at the end of the day, your money, your call.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #730 of 35,325
Hi, who else have download Track 1 (FLAC) from 24 bit of Christmass Linn.uk mind to share or upload? I missed the first track. And this is discussing music deal, in case someone want to report me for out topic.
biggrin.gif
I deal with forumer regarding a deal that I missed. Peace.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #731 of 35,325
  based on how the UE 900 were no longer available from Logitech in UK and Australia, where they had them heavily discounted

I dont get the no longer available part for Australia though. Not only are they still available but also still selling them at full price when so many countries had them at heavy discounts:
http://ue.logitech.com/en-au/product/ue900?crid=1375

Everything's expensive here and we don't get the good deals much, if at all locally 
triportsad.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #732 of 35,325
  I dont get the no longer available part for Australia though. Not only are they still available but also still selling them at full price when so many countries had them at heavy discounts:
http://ue.logitech.com/en-gb/earphones 

Everything's expensive here and we don't get the good deals much, if at all locally 
triportsad.gif

Nope, that's not  what I said. I said they are no longer available from Logitech UK: http://ue.logitech.com/en-gb/earphones 
and were heavily discounted a couple of weeks ago in Australia - roughly 1/2 of the MSRP that you guys have there.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #733 of 35,325
  Nope, that's not  what I said. I said they are no longer available from Logitech UK: http://ue.logitech.com/en-gb/earphones 
and were heavily discounted a couple of weeks ago in Australia - roughly 1/2 of the MSRP that you guys have there.

It was not discounted couple of weeks ago, months even. I was checking it again and again on that very weblink I just posted. It was heavily discounted all over UK, Europe and such, but not Logitech Australia, and certainly not at half-price. 

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #734 of 35,325

nope, that's not actually what you wrote. (i understand what you were trying to say, but you worded it poorly.)

also, just to clarify the logitech products were never 1/2 price form logitech (to my knowledge). the UE6000 was 50% off from one retailer, and then all Logitech headphones were 50% off from another retailer for a 1 day sale.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #735 of 35,325

nope, that's not actually what you wrote. (i understand what you were trying to say, but you worded it poorly.)

also, just to clarify the logitech products were never 1/2 price form logitech (to my knowledge). the UE6000 was 50% off from one retailer, and then all Logitech headphones were 50% off from another retailer for a 1 day sale.

Different strokes for different folks.  I was talking about the UE 900 by the way. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back