The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #437 of 35,319
Anyone here ever use the airmotiv 4 speakers? I need some sub ~$400 computer speakers and they're on sale for $300 on the website, and i know emotiva has a good rep so i may jump on it.

Oh, and are speaker stands necessary? If so, what are some good ones for cheap?

Nov 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #438 of 35,319
I would go into a Guitar Center if I was you, they have some good deals on some good speakers. They also match online prices in case you find a better deal on something they carry (they don't sell emotiva, but sell brands which I would consider on par to much higher end). And you can demo most in store to find a sound you like in your budget. 
Quote:
  Anyone here ever use the airmotiv 4 speakers? I need some sub ~$400 computer speakers and they're on sale for $300 on the website, and i know emotiva has a good rep so i may jump on it.

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #440 of 35,319
That sucks all the ones in my area have a lot of selection. What did you think of the Rokits? There was a deal yesterday that was a pair of Rokit 6 G2 (which are the older generation but basically the same) with stands for I think $270. That is a very good deal IMO. They had some Adams I like on a bit a of a sale but still too much. As for the airmotiv I would get the 5s minimum unless you have a sub (thats my opinion for all smaller speakers not just these)

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #441 of 35,319

Guess since it's the "discussion" thread and my posts aren't going to get deleted I'll post again. 

Airmotiv's are incredibly good speakers. Easily beat out the KRK Rokit 6 I had. Speaker stands aren't necessary but the imaging of the airmotivs really benefit from being at ear level. I made some pretty easily from Ikea parts. 

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #442 of 35,319
See? All this discussion is very educational. I learned that the Sennheiser IE80 are an awesome IEM. On par with the UE900. I also learned I should have sprung for these earlier, and that they're now sold out.

I have a pair of the UE900 coming from NCIX. I think the description of the Sennheisers are more up my alley, however. But I read that the iE80s also have more silibance. That's an iffy one for me. I'm fairly sensitive to high end sizzle. It's a moot point unless the deal comes alive again.

Well, I'll just have to comfort myself in listening to all these new phones I purchased this year. I'm sure there will be other opportunities to get a good deal on the IE80s through the course of the coming year. Or even some other competitive IEMs. Or maybe I'll be so satisfied with the UE900 that I won't care.

Can't wait to see what springs up on. Monday, though!

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #443 of 35,319
UE900 for $109 on Monday from Amazon?

Amazon has a stock of 0 units of the UE900. LOL. Ain't gonna happen guys... dream crushed!
very_evil_smiley.gif

*for those of you waiting I would just pick up the Westone 3s for $179 from Amazon. It's not exactly a crazy deal, but a very good one.

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #445 of 35,319
Been monitoring this thread (including all the previous ones) and finally decided to make an account because I needed a question answered. I am looking for a pair of nice IEMs under 200 and am wondering what the best one is that is on sale currently. I am an avid hip hop listener and dabble with some other genres such as jazz, soul, r&b, and rock. I mostly listen to hip hop though. I have been struggling to pull the trigger on anything. It seems I have missed the UE 900 deal and IE80 deal and am kind of regretting it. 

By the way Amazon might show that they do not have the UE 900 in stock, but they usually do this when they intend on doing a sale of said item. Just want to keep the hope alive a little bit.

Deal news

AKG K550 is 191.82 on amazon w/ prime shipping
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K550-Closed-Back-Reference-Headphones/dp/B005CNR7B0/

Edit: Clearly I didn't read the rules and posted question in the wrong thread, but I am inquiring about the best ones on sale currently

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #447 of 35,319
Nov 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #448 of 35,319
Si, bueno. (yes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back