The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #407 of 35,319
Opposite sound signatures iirc. I know the IE8 is like the complete opposite of the Amperior. I heard the IE80 is similar but a little more refined than the 8. Not totally sure. I had fit issues too. Isolation won't be good since it's a big dynamic.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #409 of 35,319
Yep, you'd probably be better off with the Westone 3 if there's still a good deal on it. It's pretty similar to the HD25/Amperior in terms of overall sound signature. Yep, still 179 on Amazon. I'd pick that up if I were you.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #410 of 35,319
  UE900 buyers from NCIX who shipped to the US: please let me know if you get dinged on customs. I pulled out because I was worried how much they would be. 

Mine in transit, but already Arrived - Harrisburg, PA, United States. No problem with customs

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #414 of 35,319
When I got my TF10s for $99 from Amazon, I'm pretty sure it was just after midnight Sunday during the first couple of minutes on cyber Monday. We all need to be vigilant. We need awesome deals this year!

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #416 of 35,319
Is the deals thread closed? It says I don't have permission to view the thread.

I can't access it either, but you can read the preview of Currawong's "closing" post. I find it a bit odd because the 1st post was changed to essentially say "don't comment on someone's post if you think it is inappropriate, but report it instead", and that is obviously what a lot of people did.

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #417 of 35,319
I think honestly for me, the best deal I got wasn't even a black friday deal, but the TDK BA200 for $25 at Ross. I did jump on the $150 HE300 as I've been looking at those for a while and was able to score them on Amazon where I already had $40 in gift cards. 

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #418 of 35,319
Lol this is the dumbest thing. The deal threads were closed because people were having discussions. This is a freaking discussion board. They were discussing deals. People want them to go to another thread to discuss the deals that are posted? Lol. People and power trips man.

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #419 of 35,319
  Lol this is the dumbest thing. The deal threads were closed because people were having discussions. This is a freaking discussion board. They were discussing deals. People want them to go to another thread to discuss the deals that are posted? Lol. People and power trips man.

I don't mind the concept of having no discussions in the deals thread. The problem though is that it was doomed to fail. Firstly, getting new people to read the 1st post of rules before posting a comment just isn't going to happen. Secondly, even if you know the rules, it's very hard not to slip up and post a comment. So like I said: doomed for failure. I'm happier with this "deals" thread anyway.

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #420 of 35,319
There might be big deals on Monday, but I had to go with the bird in hand and bought the W3 deal. From what I've seen, they've never been cheaper, so I didn't want to gamble on the price heading in the wrong direction. If they're $99 on Monday, I guess I'll just have to find something to do with a second pair.

I looked for some TDKs at TJMaxx, but came up empty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back