The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 30, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #376 of 35,312
mmm... this off-topic, but I think it's extremely silly that people were complaining about side-discussions on the deals thread.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect a deals thread to be a stream of amazing deals w/o any side banter. the success of a deals thread requires active community contributing, and a list of deal after deal w/o discussion of the deals gets pretty boring to read & boring to contribute to.

I can empathize w/ seeing +15 new posts & getting excited about all the potential deals, only to find some random OT discussion... but if you are too lazy to scroll through discussion posts to find the deals, I think you'll find trying to keep up w/ all the headphone deals by yourself much more tedious than scrolling your mouse wheel a few extra times.

At the end of the day, the "deals-only" thread got shut down, and we are right back where we started. Hopefully, we are allowed to continue making deal threads & we can police ourselves to keep the extremely off-topic side-banter to a minimum :)

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #378 of 35,312
TTVJ newsletter subscribers can get a further 2% discount on the already-discounted Black Friday specials.
smile.gif

i.e., anything from http://www.ttvjaudio.com/dealoftheday.asp for the uninitiated

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #379 of 35,312
people, how old are we? are we adults here?

i am all for discussion. i personally didn't mind banter in the deals thread at all. but i'm old/mature enough to understand that not everyone has the same preferences i do.

some people wanted deals only, and currawong decided that's how he wanted to run the deals thread. he's the mod: he makes the rules. that's not my preference, but i completely respect that decision. i think having two separate threads (while being a bit of a hassle) was probably the best compromise to appease all people: those who wanted deals only would get deals only, and those that wanted discussion and banter would have a place to discuss and banter.

it could have worked, if: 1) people followed the rules 2) there were more moderators to handle the situation when people didn't follow the rules.

it wasn't currawong's fault. it wasn't the fault of the people reporting discussion. it was the fault of people who just couldn't follow the rules that were put in place. whether you agreed with them or not, they were the rules. at the end of the day, anyone who got banned from the deals thread deserved to get banned, because you didn't follow the rules. that's life.

as i said, i personally prefer one thread with discussion/banter (which is what we have now). but i respect that currawong was just trying to make everyone happy and make it a better place for all.

making a currawrong alias, saying it's stupid to not allow banter in the deals thread, complaining about this, complaining about that...seriously guys, grow the **** up.

we have only the deals discussion thread now: the banter team "won". now let's just get on with the deals, yeah?

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #382 of 35,312
I was lucky enough to score a pair of the UE9000s for $150 straight from Logitech

that was a great deal, i reckon! i paid $200AUD for mine, and i think even that was a good deal!

the UE6000 for $35 has been hands down the best deal so far, i reckon. value for money wise, that is just insane! i kept telling my friend to jump on it, but by the time he got off his arse, they were gone!

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #384 of 35,312
Either way it's all good. As long as there's a thread to post and find deals I'm content. 

Nov 30, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #386 of 35,312
I'll post this here then.

Crutchfield has the He 400 for $299 with free shipping till the 2nd

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_818HE400/HiFiMAN-HE-400.html?showAll=N&search=He_400&skipvs=T

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #388 of 35,312
Do you guys think it is worth getting the Heir Audio 3.Ai right now for 209 dollars or waiting (and taking risk) for a UE900 sale?

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #389 of 35,312
  Do you guys think it is worth getting the Heir Audio 3.Ai right now for 209 dollars or waiting (and taking risk) for a UE900 sale?

I just pulled the trigger on Heir 5.0 for $419 - 30% offer, have had my eyes on this for a while and I can't resist.

if anything, UE900 sale should happen on Cyber Monday, if you look at the history, the last couple of Cyber Monday was famous for "$99 UE TF10", so yeah, deep down I hope that it's not happening since I've pulled the trigger on Heir 5.0, but if it does happen...damn...looks like I'm going to have one too 
wink_face.gif

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #390 of 35,312
Until Monday, www.razordogaudio.com is selling the HE-400 for $299 w/ free velour pads: http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/hifiman-he-400-planar-driver-over-the-ear-headphone

Othe deals are: 
Beyerdynamic T5P – $500 OFF BRAND NEW with code T5P -$899 (normal prices $1399)
AKG K712 PRO for $375 with code RAZOR712 (normal price is $499)
Beyerdynamic T1 for $950 with code BEYERT1 (normal price is $1399)

While not a Black Friday sale, Code RAZORDOG20 saves 20% on most items over $249 including HD 600 (20% off $399 is 319.96) and HD 650 (20% off $499 is 399.96). Its better than any Black Friday deal on them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back