The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 3, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #14,477 of 35,333
I have been obsessed with bluetooth headphones lately. So I ordered a pair of these on-ear AKG's that are on sale in Canada ...

AKG Y45BT On Ear High Performance Foldable Bluetooth Headphones - Black $99.99 CAD (PMable in Canada)

http://www.ncix.com/detail/akg-y-45-bt-on-5d-101552-1382.htm?affiliate_id=58025&click_id=1268219093

Let us know what you think if you don't mind.  I have to say I've been impressed with the MEElectronics Air-fi af62's.  The battery is from another planet...hard to kill.  Acquired at a great price thanks to a poster here.

HS

May 4, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #14,480 of 35,333
I'm so so on Massdrop (but I've used them without problem), and this is an expensive deal...but it does look like a pretty good one, so here goes

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fostex-th900?referer=G4M8GT&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Community%20-%20Audiophile%20-%20MAU%20%28Inactive%29&utm_campaign=Audiophile%20IA%20Product%20Announcement%202015-05-04&mode=guest_open

Fostex Flagship Bundle

May 4, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #14,481 of 35,333
^decent deal, but for the sake of wallets and peace of mind, the two can be purchased separately for around the same price as the MD combo price (however, maybe save about $75 on MD).  Through authorized channels, you get a more streamline warranty process and option for returns along with much faster shipping which at these prices often include free shipping.  Yes, MD does have some deals, but these combo deals are sometimes laughable, especially when they post a MSRP price of $4398.

May 4, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #14,482 of 35,333
OK, haven't researched these extensively, I do know the Massdrop price listed as full price is often not the real world price available...

May 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #14,484 of 35,333
Got my pair of Onkyo's from woot today. Noticed with my year old pair the pads are quite a bit stiffer leading to initially a better seal and more bass. Though really haven't burned in the new pair at all and the pads in one year time could end up being softer as well. The cable is without a doubt a lot better than that silly flat cable. Volume controls don't work on my galaxy s5, only the middle play pause button does anything but rather expected this given the cable was designed for ios.

Upon looking at the new pair there seems to be some left over tape residue and tape on one of the cups. Not hard to wipe off the brushed aluminum cups but tad disappointed as they don't look perfectly mint right out of the box when they are brand new.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 4, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #14,485 of 35,333
Got my pair of Onkyo's from woot today. Noticed with my year old pair the pads are quite a bit stiffer leading to initially a better seal and more bass. Though really haven't burned in the new pair at all and the pads in one year time could end up being softer as well. The cable is without a doubt a lot better than that silly flat cable. Volume controls don't work on my galaxy s5, only the middle play pause button does anything but rather expected this given the cable was designed for ios.

Upon looking at the new pair there seems to be some left over tape residue and tape on one of the cups. Not hard to wipe off the brushed aluminum cups but tad disappointed as they don't look perfectly mint right out of the box when they are brand new.

I almost ordered them, and should have.

But instead, I got the Amazon Warehouse Momentum On Ears today. The mids sounded horribly recessed and hollow. Tried the non-microphone cord, and only one channel would work. Guess the jack is broken. Sending them back :frowning2:

May 4, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #14,486 of 35,333

But instead, I go the Amazon Warehouse Momentum On Ears today. The mids sounded horribly recessed and hollow. Tried the non-microphone cord, and only one channel would work. Guess the jack is broken. Sending them back
frown.gif

Yikes that is unfortunate. The V-moda M100 I got the other week from amazon warehouse had the cork stuck on the right side so I returned them as well.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 5, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #14,488 of 35,333

But instead, I got the Amazon Warehouse Momentum On Ears today. The mids sounded horribly recessed and hollow. Tried the non-microphone cord, and only one channel would work. Guess the jack is broken. Sending them back
frown.gif

Bummer, I've had great result with the MOE's from Amazon Warehouse, bought 4 pink, 1 ivory, 1 black all in the $52 to $60 range and most looked like they were brand new, all the cables worked and they all sounded the same.  I checked all of them before giving to friends to make sure they were working correctly and they were the same as the new one that I had.

May 5, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #14,489 of 35,333
Bummer, I've had great result with the MOE's from Amazon Warehouse, bought 4 pink, 1 ivory, 1 black all in the $52 to $60 range and most looked like they were brand new, all the cables worked and they all sounded the same.  I checked all of them before giving to friends to make sure they were working correctly and they were the same as the new one that I had.

No wonder mine was bad. You got all the good ones :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back