The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 14, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #12,526 of 35,338
  The deal is still going, with only three left now!
https://www.buysonic.com/products/sennheiser-hd800-hd650/

i think it started with 3 in stock. lol dont really see the reason to own both unless you want to sell one.

Feb 14, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #12,527 of 35,338

The deal is still going, with only three left now!
https://www.buysonic.com/products/sennheiser-hd800-hd650/

i think it started with 3 in stock. lol dont really see the reason to own both unless you want to sell one.

There are lots of good reasons... They are so different sounding. I usually A/B mixes on a dark pair and a neutral/brightish pair to see how things translate. Or maybe you want one for work and one for home. Or maybe a 650 for the wife so she doesn't kill you for buying the 800, lol!

Feb 14, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #12,528 of 35,338
LOL. I think you do.

You might need to buy two or more to make sure you didn't get one of the fakes!

Usually people get thrown under the bus. This is the first time I've seen an invitation for someone to jump under one themselves.
wink.gif

I got these and for $39 you can't go wrong. Sound worth about a $100. There are no fakes of these on the market. Too cheap and obscure. Everyone need to one 1 pair of headphones with wood ear cups. Out of 106 reviews, 96 are 4/5 star reviews. Hardly a gamble. As for the fake reviews being written. I still don't buy that concept.

Feb 14, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #12,529 of 35,338
  I got these and for $39 you can't go wrong. Sound worth about a $100. There are no fakes of these on the market. Too cheap and obscure. Everyone need to one 1 pair of headphones with wood ear cups. Out of 106 reviews, 96 are 4/5 star reviews. Hardly a gamble. As for the fake reviews being written. I still don't buy that concept.

How's the treble level/clarity on these? What headphone would you compare them to? I'm a sucker for deals so even though they might be warmer than I prefer I might get them. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #12,530 of 35,338
Some interesting deals on AWD:

Beyerdynamic T70P - $225 Very Good (lowest price ever according to camel) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005E8MV14/
Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250ohm - $157 Very Good http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-990-Premium-250-Ohm/dp/B00193FT26/

If this follows AWD's recent trend of selling unopened, new pairs as used, these might be fantastic deals.

Killer deal on the T70p... I would totally jump on these, but it reads like I wouldn't like the sound all thay much. Any thoughts?

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #12,531 of 35,338
LOL. I DID misread your post. I thought you were talking about reports of fake phones instead reports of fake reviews, so my bad.

Yes, they do look suspiciously similar to the Accidentally Extraordinary phones. I suspect they might be made at the same OEM factory.

I have the Accidentally Extraordinary phones. While aren't giant killers, they are a warm, fun sounding, musical phone that's easily worth the $45 that I paid for them. Plus the wood is very cool.

If these are the same thing, but repackaged, then they are worth it. But that's a big if. Maybe the drivers are different. Who knows? Maybe they could even be better. Or not?

Well, since I own the AE phones, I don't feel the need to try something that may be essentially the same. But if I was considering getting the AE, I'd be interested in finding out more about these. I actually like the way these look more.

Please report back if you get them!

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #12,534 of 35,338
I put my T70p up for sale after listening to them for about 3 seconds, they are weirdly bright, thin, unnatural and metallic sounding.

Is that essentially the same as the T70?  MLE reviewed it for Headphone.guru and said that the treble really grew on him.

http://headphone.guru/beyerdynamic-t70/

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #12,535 of 35,338
I put my T70p up for sale after listening to them for about 3 seconds, they are weirdly bright, thin, unnatural and metallic sounding.

Did you give them a good burn-in period? All my beyers have sounded sheit out of the box, but after a 50-hour burn in or so, they really do get quite a lot better and more full sounding.

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #12,538 of 35,338
Did you give them a good burn-in period? All my beyers have sounded sheit out of the box, but after a 50-hour burn in or so, they really do get quite a lot better and more full sounding.

Yeah, I just didnt like them. I should reiterate and say that the T70 are not bad headphones, but the extreme clarity and resolution in the treble doesnt sound musical to me, although I can see how some people would absolutely love it, it is quite unique. I prefer my beyer DT770, they also have bright treble but basically less resolution and more warmth, bear in mind that the DT770 have more treble resolution than 95% of hp's Ive tried, so you can imagine how insane the T70 is for me lol.

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #12,539 of 35,338
I was blown away by the Etymotic ER•6i at the Macworld Expo '05, I got to side-by-side compare the Ety and Shure lineup. The Shures at that time were easy for me not to like... The olive tips were hard to fit and all sizes fell out after a few minutes, isolation was good but Ety's were great, and the first three tiers all exhibited distortion off of my iPod, while the Ety's blew me away with their isolation and revealing character. I actually really liked the more flat ER•6 model for it's honesty, the salesman and my dad talked me into the more bass-lifted ER•6i model. My first Hi-Fi headphone.
That said, the foam insertion ritual was annoying if I wasn't going to leave them in, and mostly I had moved on to on-ear headphones a few years later. I did just buy a pair of Audeo, the higher-end model was out of stock unfortunately but I simply couldn't resist the $40 deal.

Yes, great deal on the Audeos. Hope you will like them.

Gotta comment on those Ety's, though. I totally respect your opinion if the ER6, but I had the totally opposite reaction when I owned them.

I got the ER6 shortly after they came out and had high expectations. I couldn't get into the sound, however. To my ears they were thin, shrill, and cold. Gosh, I wanted to like these and gave them months to see if they would change. But they didn't and brought me no enjoyment.

I recognize that everyone has their preference, and these just weren't for me.

Question, though: is this the Etymotic house sound? I'd always been curious about Etys and thought the ER6 would be my first step into exploring them. But they totally derailed me. I haven't seriously considered trying Etys since.

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #12,540 of 35,338
Yes, great deal on the Audeos. Hope you will like them.

Gotta comment on those Ety's, though. I totally respect your opinion if the ER6, but I had the totally opposite reaction when I owned them.

I got the ER6 shortly after they came out and had high expectations. I couldn't get into the sound, however. To my ears they were thin, shrill, and cold. Gosh, I wanted to like these and gave them months to see if they would change. But they didn't and brought me no enjoyment.

I recognize that everyone has their preference, and these just weren't for me.

Question, though: is this the Etymotic house sound? I'd always been curious about Etys and thought the ER6 would be my first step into exploring them. But they totally derailed me. I haven't seriously considered trying Etys since.

agree with this on ER6i, ER4s were much better imo and sounded great but I couldn't deal with the comfort issues of those tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back