The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 24, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #11,013 of 35,336
Free Album downloads From True North Records, good through Christmas day.

Good afternoon and Happy Holidays!

Here at True North Records, we're feeling extra generous and are featuring, for 24 hours only, all 12 digital albums from the 12 Days of Christmas promotion for free!
So, if you missed a chance to get an album you wanted, they are available until tomorrow, December 25th at 12pm.

Click the links below to grab your digital download now!
  1. Ashley MacIsaac - A Cape Breton Christmas 
  2. Canadian Brass - A Holiday Tradition
  3. Randy Bachman - Takin' Care of Christmas
  4. Edwin - Better Days
  5. Madison Violet - Come As You Are LIVE
  6. The John Henrys - Sweet As The Grain
  7. Catherine MacLellan - Dark Dream Midnight
  8. Michael Occhipinti - The Universe of John Lennon
  9. Murray McLauchlan - Human Writes
  10. The Nylons - A Wish For You
  11. Quartetto Gelato - The Magic Of Christmas
  12. The Shuffle Demons - Clusterfunk
We hope you have enjoyed this promotion and we wish you all nothing but the best and safe and happy holiday from the True North Records team!

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #11,015 of 35,336
The Interview movie on YouTube, GooglePlay, and Xbox Online for $5.99

I know, its a stupid comedy movie but that's half the price of a regular movie ticket for one. It's kind of a great way to release...I mean, who says you HAVE to go to the theaters to see something release when you've got a big screen and surround sound at home..

On that note, be sure to watch American Sniper. The late Chris Kyle is a modern day hero and his story needs to be told and not overshadowed by a comedy that rocked international relations.

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #11,016 of 35,336
I just received these.  While not of the caliber of most of the cans bandied about in head-fi, for $150 these are very nice sounding headphones.

It,s suffering from jet lag.....warm him up fro 100hours :wink:

Dec 24, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #11,017 of 35,336
Massdrop's deal on the UERM was good.  Which ones are you looking for? 

o-330v2[/URL]

I'm looking for a universal to replace my triple fi 10's. Nothing specific. Just something with a V shaped sound signature.

Dec 24, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #11,018 of 35,336
On that note, be sure to watch American Sniper. The late Chris Kyle is a modern day hero and his story needs to be told and not overshadowed by a comedy that rocked international relations.

Yes, And I've heard from a couple of reviewers I trust(they don't let their own politics and social engineering get in the way) say the movie is very good.

Dec 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #11,019 of 35,336
I'm looking for a universal to replace my triple fi 10's. Nothing specific. Just something with a V shaped sound signature.

You can get the JVC FX850 for $250 from amazon. It isn't technically a deal, but I can't think of anything that comes anywhere near them for that price. They easily compete at top tier level. The highs aren't bright and piercing like the TF10's if that is to your liking, but the bass, and timbre are the best I've heard. They also have an amazingly wide soundstage for an IEM.

Something to think about. You might be able to get a $400 IEM on sale for the same price if you keep your eyes open, but they wont technically perform any better. And unless you are into really bright, shimmering highs(like the TF10's) you will probably love the sound sig.

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-KENWOOD-In-Ear-Headphones-HA-FX850/dp/B00I4KPBF2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419471274&sr=8-1&keywords=jvc+fx850

If you want to save a couple of bucks(-$50), the FX750 sound is nearly identical but doesn't have the replaceable cable.

Dec 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #11,020 of 35,336
Dec 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #11,021 of 35,336
  Free Album downloads From True North Records, good through Christmas day.

Good afternoon and Happy Holidays!

Here at True North Records, we're feeling extra generous and are featuring, for 24 hours only, all 12 digital albums from the 12 Days of Christmas promotion for free!
So, if you missed a chance to get an album you wanted, they are available until tomorrow, December 25th at 12pm.

Click the links below to grab your digital download now!
  1. Ashley MacIsaac - A Cape Breton Christmas 
  2. Canadian Brass - A Holiday Tradition
  3. Randy Bachman - Takin' Care of Christmas
  4. Edwin - Better Days
  5. Madison Violet - Come As You Are LIVE
  6. The John Henrys - Sweet As The Grain
  7. Catherine MacLellan - Dark Dream Midnight
  8. Michael Occhipinti - The Universe of John Lennon
  9. Murray McLauchlan - Human Writes
  10. The Nylons - A Wish For You
  11. Quartetto Gelato - The Magic Of Christmas
  12. The Shuffle Demons - Clusterfunk
We hope you have enjoyed this promotion and we wish you all nothing but the best and safe and happy holiday from the True North Records team!

Just to clarify I don't represent True North, I just pasted the  promotional email I received into the post. I realized after the fact it could be misunderstood.

Dec 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #11,025 of 35,336
  Unless I missed something they're not quite free.  You have to trade your personal information in exchange for the files.  If you think your personal information has no value then I guess they're free.

rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back