The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 1, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #31,835 of 35,338
Jul 2, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #31,836 of 35,338
Just noticed over on the Classfied section Audeze has a bunch of B-stock listed.

I don't actually know if this is a "deal" or not, but I do like the idea of manf. / retailers having classified listings for HF members
B-stock might be OK in the Classified section, but the Sponsors forum is still the place to look for new releases and sales on regular new stock. With that said, I haven’t even told Sennheiser about this thread, because I don’t think we’d want seasonal manufacture sales taking over the community bargain finds (you know, the ones that usually are small quantities, short time periods, and more rare in occurrence).

That said, I’ve seen some great Sennheiser deals pop up here from time to time, including Sennheiser Outlet deals, it’s just they were community posted 😉

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #31,839 of 35,338
B-stock might be OK in the Classified section, but the Sponsors forum is still the place to look for new releases and sales on regular new stock. With that said, I haven’t even told Sennheiser about this thread, because I don’t think we’d want seasonal manufacture sales taking over the community bargain finds (you know, the ones that usually are small quantities, short time periods, and more rare in occurrence).

That said, I’ve seen some great Sennheiser deals pop up here from time to time, including Sennheiser Outlet deals, it’s just they were community posted 😉
Ideally if this practice was to catch on, HF should offer a dedicated classified section for it - don't want to crowd out user listings.
That said, I'd love to see a one stop online audio discount mall:slight_smile:

Jul 2, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #31,841 of 35,338
Jul 2, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #31,842 of 35,338
Has there been any recent HD800S sales? Just trying to see what's a fair price to pay for a like-new pair these days if one comes across it.
Usually between $1500-$1700, sometimes/rarely as low as $1399, the best deal on a similar headphone right now is the HD 8xx on drop, first run is $1100.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #31,843 of 35,338
Has there been any recent HD800S sales? Just trying to see what's a fair price to pay for a like-new pair these days if one comes across it.
The lowest I saw was $1200 and I was the one to link to that sale myself. In days, it sold out. It was on eBay in the US and ever since that sale, I haven't seen them restock the certified refurbished ones there. It seems once you go below the $1400 point and they have a warranty that you better have the money or you'll miss it.

Jul 2, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #31,844 of 35,338
One sold earlier this week for $899: listing

Looks like lots of sales for $1000 - 1100

Amusingly, I bought a pair for $850 (here on Head-fi), didn't like them that much, so sold them soon after for $825, then a MOT PM'd me to remove the price from my listing because it would affect his sale of other sets for higher prices. What was I supposed to do, list them for more than I paid? LOL!

Anyway, I would consider any price under $1000 a bargain, and anything under $900 a steal.

JMHO of course -- GLTY!

Jul 2, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #31,845 of 35,338
One sold earlier this week for $899: listing

Looks like lots of sales for $1000 - 1100

Amusingly, I bought a pair for $850 (here on Head-fi), didn't like them that much, so sold them soon after for $825, then a MOT PM'd me to remove the price from my listing because it would affect his sale of other sets for higher prices. What was I supposed to do, list them for more than I paid? LOL!

Anyway, I would consider any price under $1000 a bargain, and anything under $900 a steal.

JMHO of course -- GLTY!

You're the GOAT! 🤙

Users who are viewing this thread

Back