The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 29, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #286 of 35,332
  Was anyone able to grab a pair of the DT-1350's from AC Gears? I caught it too late but am curious if it ever was truly available for that cheap.

AC gears is definitely reputable so i'm assuming people did. As for pricing, i don't think i've seen it that low before.

It's still $183 on amazon which is better than the MSRP http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-1350-80-Supraaural-Monitoring-Applications/dp/B004QMH8KI

although, it is possible it is this low because a new model is coming in, i mean the custom one pros were successful so i can see them increasing their portable headphone line.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #288 of 35,332
guys I'm not complaining about the banter...I've always thought the midless chatter was part of the fun. I love bragging about a good deal (did I mention I got a new HD 650 this week for $290 shipped?)

I think this biggest waste of time was desperately trying, in vain, to keep the deals thread deals only and nothing else...

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #289 of 35,332
Perhaps the failure of the deals thread is that it's human nature to want to discuss things that someone is excited about? And even the slightest comment was marked as a grave offense?

I know this thread was created as outlet for that, but........human nature. Oh those pesky humans....always ruining everything!

They seem to hate any sort of deals discussion. Hurts their income cause we apparently need to protect those poor manufacturers from the ever impending "race to the bottom" of prices. 

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #290 of 35,332
  Sennheiser's Black Friday 'deals' are absolutely laughable. Audeze and some other companies had some nice deals. Overall a disappointment though, imo.

I just wish audeze had a deal on the lcd-3 and not just the lcd 2, i mean i guess it makes sense because of how expensive they are but a sale would have been nice. Especially like last year with the deal on the $500 gift card deal that lowered the price of the lcd3 by a few hundred bucks last year (though that may have been a christmas deal)

talking about soundearphones.com by the way

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #291 of 35,332
Nov 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #292 of 35,332
For anyone after cables or DIYers, PlueSound is having a pretty nice deal: 20% off pretty much everything with coupon 'BLACKFRIDAY2013'

Ends at midnight I think.

Side note, I personally prefer the deals discussion. It can be important to verify validity, safety, and actual value of the deals posted.

It's really not that hard to glance at a post and see discussion or deal.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #294 of 35,332
No, I'm good the whining stopped for now.

What whining are you talking about? The deals have been utter ****. There has been nothing worthwhile. Hell even the Klipsch X10s last year at 79 bucks were much better than anything this year. The only thing I see marginally good is the used LCD-2

Yes it has been a colossal waste of time and I'm glad the other thread was closed.

Maybe cyber monday turns it around, I doubt it though.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #295 of 35,332
Actually if you go back and look at the deals thread a year ago, just as many people were b*tching about the crap deals for that Black Friday.

I recall a number of people complaining about the lack of HiFiMan deals.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #296 of 35,332
  Actually if you go back and look at the deals thread a year ago, just as many people were b*tching about the crap deals for that Black Friday.

I recall a number of people complaining about the lack of HiFiMan deals.

It doesn't matter what there was last year, my point is the deals this year have been very mediocre. I think there was a DragonFly USB from Magnolia at 99 which actually ain't bad for a first time DAC.

In short, I don't see why people can't complain. This is the time of the year for deep discounts in retail and electronics are not the exception. Guess we will have to wait til Cyber Monday if certain sites want to drop the price on say the UE-900s as rumored, but I'm not holding my breath.

No skin off my nose, I'm happy where I am at audio wise. I have hit the sweet spot.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #297 of 35,332

No skin off my nose, I'm happy where I am at audio wise. I have hit the sweet spot.

Then why are you still complaining?

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #298 of 35,332
Is $118.00 a good deal for the Sennheiser HD380 Pro? - Amazon has it for $139 and they take an additional 15% off (USA)

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #299 of 35,332
What whining are you talking about? The deals have been utter ****. There has been nothing worthwhile. Hell even the Klipsch X10s last year at 79 bucks were much better than anything this year. The only thing I see marginally good is the used LCD-2

Yes it has been a colossal waste of time and I'm glad the other thread was closed.

Maybe cyber monday turns it around, I doubt it though.

Who has a used LCD-2 deal? What is the price?

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #300 of 35,332
It seems like the deals were spread over the previous weeks, so when the real Black Friday hit there wasn't any bang left. Was it like this in years past?

I, for one, got a lot of good deals off of the deals thread in the past few weeks. But I only bought one item today, Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back