The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 29, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #316 of 35,330
What I never understood is why people got so frustrated asking if a deal posted was a good deal or not? Or whether it shipped? That's part of what makes a deal a deal. What was annoying and will be here was when people linked to sites they shouldn't have or come to the thread asking for a review or if something is a good price. Use the internet people! Anyways...

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #318 of 35,330
I don't understand what the big deal is with people discussing deals in the deals thread. If people were spamming affiliate links or a more serious offence I would understand, but this is a forum. Threads are meant to have discussion.

IMO, Head-Fi should adopt a system more similar to slickdeals or the Hot Deals forum on [H]. A new subforum where there's a separate thread per deal where people are free to discuss all they want.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #320 of 35,330
There were great deals this year. I wished there were not many. I need to save money. The UE6000, UE900, Amperion, HI-400, sansa clip+, Westone W3, etc. People like to complain.

Most of those deals came and went before Black Friday.   The HE400 and the LCD2 deals are good, granted.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #321 of 35,330
well I did not want to take a chance, so my UE900 should be arriving soon. What if it is $100 on Monday? Well I do jnot care. I still got my UE900 at a great deal.

+1 - I was thrilled with a pair of $200 UE900's - and so what if they came out at $109 a bit later - I'd have bought another pair and my average cost would have been $150 - that's fair enough..

If anyone is looking to get the AK100 - if they buy an Heir Audio Tsar 90 along with the AK100 - they pay only $678 - free shipping and no tax (at least here in the USA) that's like getting the Tsars for $80 - that certainly makes them worth a try.... (Tsar 350 is $699 coupled with the AK100)

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #322 of 35,330
  Is $118.00 a good deal for the Sennheiser HD380 Pro? - Amazon has it for $139 and they take an additional 15% off (USA)

Yes, that's a good deal.

I bought these about two months ago for $140 because I wanted a pair of headphones I could use on the go. This was the best price I could find then and it looks like they haven't ever gone any lower => http://camelcamelcamel.com

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #324 of 35,330
No discussions is no discussion. The rules are the rules and this is not slickdeals.net. But to be honest, none of what I read in the deals thread annoyed me with the exception of the whiners and complainers. Small questions do not bother me, if they add to the deals post.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #326 of 35,330
I'm still hoping to find a decent price for Shure SE219s.  I missed it during the two sales.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #327 of 35,330
No discussions is no discussion. The rules are the rules and this is not slickdeals.net. But to be honest, none of what I read in the deals thread annoyed me with the exception of the whiners and complainers. Small questions do not bother me, if they add to the deals post.

Do you really think Sennheiser deals weren't worth complaining about? lmao. They were terrible. I'll give you that the full sized momentum deal was only slightly crappy, but the rest of them were really sad. As I said though, there were certainly some good deals to be had on Black Friday. It wasn't all bad. Just underwhelming.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #330 of 35,330
  UE900 buyers from NCIX who shipped to the US: please let me know if you get dinged on customs. I pulled out because I was worried how much they would be. 

I've ordered a number of items from out of the USA and never got hit with customs charges - for items in the few hundred dollar zone - maybe if it is $500 or so, I'd worry - but hell, if the customs charges were outrageous, just refuse them and get your money back! Not a good enough reason for me to cancel my order - but I'll keep you posted - mine are on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back