The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #271 of 35,333
How to spot a DEAL @ Amazon ?

Can someone explain how to do a forensic lowest price check on an Amazon
offering as I've read within this thread for future referance ?

TIA

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #272 of 35,333
Nov 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #273 of 35,333
The big problem with these "deals" is that they aren't even deals, they're just the normal price with a pretend % off next to the price. I mean, look at the HD650. It's "on sale" for $400 even though year round you can get it for that price on music direct. Also, the m50's. $150 is considered overpriced for them, while $100 "should" be the normal price. Yet it still only goes down to $100. 

We aren't really whining, it's just the businesses are acting like we're idiots

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #274 of 35,333
So basically this thread is turning into what the original deals thread was to begin with in the first place: some deals, and an a$$load of people talking about the deals.

We've finally come full circle.

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #275 of 35,333
Thing about the whole "useless" drivel thing is that it's not like there are many deals anyway. I mean, the ue900 was one of the standouts and the discussion made it appear even MORE because people were going crazy for it

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #276 of 35,333
  So basically this thread is turning into what the original deals thread was to begin with in the first place: some deals, and an a$$load of people talking about the deals.

Deal with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #277 of 35,333
The 8gb clip isn't a good deal.... Get a refurbished zip or used zip for 20.

Yar. I got two refurbed 4Gig Clip Zips for around $20 each. Both looked totally brand new save for the "refurb" subtly stamped on the bottom. The only tell tale that they weren't new was one had music from a previous owner on it.

Refurb is a great deal. 4gig was no issue for me because I plopped a 32gig card into the slot.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #278 of 35,333
Yar. I got two refurbed 4Gig Clip Zips for around $20 each. Both looked totally brand new save for the "refurb" subtly stamped on the bottom. The only tell tale that they weren't new was one had music from a previous owner on it.

Refurb is a great deal. 4gig was no issue for me because I plopped a 32gig card into the slot.

Yeah I grabbed a couple of the clip zip + Sony zx headphones for 18. Was great since they were Black and red zips available. So I grabbed a red zip for me too.

Oh well... People shouldnt be such try hards complaining about discussion. It's a forum.... Where people get together and talk. Don't like it? Unsubscribe from it.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #280 of 35,333
You need to do your research not only now but throughout the year.  For this Black Friday the discounts at Noble Audio, Heir, and the Westone 3 on Amazon are unique but Sennheiser Momentum deals were better earlier in the year than the Black Friday.  But we digress. This thread is for deals and not pontifications. 

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #281 of 35,333
Oh well... People shouldnt be such try hards complaining about discussion. It's a forum.... Where people get together and talk. Don't like it? Unsubscribe from it.

Exactly. Like, seriously. If i'm that hungry for deals i can wade through a few pages of discussion, it isn't hard

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #284 of 35,333

Perhaps the failure of the deals thread is that it's human nature to want to discuss things that someone is excited about? And even the slightest comment was marked as a grave offense?

I know this thread was created as outlet for that, but........human nature. Oh those pesky humans....always ruining everything!

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #285 of 35,333
  You need to do your research not only now but throughout the year.  For this Black Friday the discounts at Noble Audio, Heir, and the Westone 3 on Amazon are unique but Sennheiser Momentum deals were better earlier in the year than the Black Friday.  But we digress. This thread is for deals and not pontifications. 

I'm talking about bigger companies like sennheiser and audio technica. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back