The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 11, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #26,296 of 35,348
I hope to deter anyone from buying from Blinq. They are absolutely terrible. I ordered two items, one of which was an open box HD800. Only one item was included in my order (guess what, not the HD800). My order weighed one pound in total (the other item weighed 0.7lbs). They basically told me that according to their shipper the item was sent out, and I could go pound sand.They basically said "we don't believe you and we're not doing anything."

Blinq's "100% Buyer satisfaction" is based in THEIR discretion.

[QUOTE="Ggroch, post: 14354714, member: 394174"

There is no risk in the purchase because as Terco points out, if they are not exactly as described, you get free return shipping. Nearly 400,000 Blinq buyers have left feedback on eBay...so my point is not that you should take positive or negative vendor advice from 3 random dudes posting on Head-fi...you should not. But rather that if you like to try out headphones at a decent discount with no risk, these eBay coupon sales and refurbished deals are a good way to do it.

There is definitely a risk. If they send you pink Hello Kitty headphones instead of a pair of HD800s, they will not accept the return.[/QUOTE]
To be fair--those pink Hello Kitty headphones have amazing soundstage.
Now can we please steer this thread back on topic? Thank you.

Jul 12, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #26,297 of 35,348
Now can we please steer this thread back on topic? Thank you.
Sorry what's off-topic about warning that a "too good to be true" deal might be too good to be true?

Jul 12, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #26,298 of 35,348
BuyDig has the Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBB Over-Ear Monitor Headphones (Blue/Black) + Klipsch R6 Neckband Bluetooth Earphones + FiiO A1 Portable Headphone Amplifier on sale for $229.90 - $44 w/ coupon code WFY118 = $185.90. Free shipping.

7112063.attach

dear god those are.... wow... just ugly. sorry. i saw them in person and honestly they look better in pics then in person. the color is brighter and more royal. im not a fan of the m50x but the grey they released a year ago in the matte finish were awesome looking.

Jul 12, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #26,299 of 35,348
Sorry what's off-topic abo
Sorry what's off-topic about warning that a "too good to be true" deal might be too good to be true?
The "too good to be true" deal is a matter of fact or opinion? You are 100% saying this is a bad deal and people are going to get burned? Can you guarantee that? Did you get burned on this exact deal? If not it seems like slandering a company does more harm than good and opens this thread to all sorts of problems. It is counterproductive and not in the spirit of the thread. But you do you man, slander away.

Jul 12, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #26,300 of 35,348
The "too good to be true" deal is a matter of fact or opinion? You are 100% saying this is a bad deal and people are going to get burned? Can you guarantee that? Did you get burned on this exact deal? If not it seems like slandering a company does more harm than good and opens this thread to all sorts of problems. It is counterproductive and not in the spirit of the thread. But you do you man, slander away.
I wasn't making any claims, that was someone else. I was just asking a simple question. One which wasn't answered.

BTW, I'm fairly certain a statement has to be false to be slander. It's not slander to state a verifiable fact (like "I ordered a HD800, they sent me a Hello Kitty headphone instead, they didn't refund my money or send me an HD800").

Jul 12, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #26,301 of 35,348
Amazon Prime DOD has some Aventree special purpose TV viewing low latency/40 hour headphones Bluetooth Over Ears for $49 down from $70. This appears to be the lowest historical price. The 4,500+ reviews that average 4.5 stars receive a Fakespot rating of "B" ... You can trust the reviews of this product". I own a set and would rate them average for a Bluetooth headphone for music, but really excellent for TV. Low clamping force (if bend adjusted correctly), clear mid-range, and no noticeable latency if paired to a low latency transmitter. Currently my go-to TV phones, although I have a set of the Mee Audio phones with 2 enhanced dialog equalizations on order to compensate for my older ears.

I wasn't making any claims, that was someone else. I was just asking a simple question. One which wasn't answered.
BTW, I'm fairly certain a statement has to be false to be slander. It's not slander to state a verifiable fact (like "I ordered a HD800, they sent me a Hello Kitty headphone instead, they didn't refund my money or send me an HD800").

You did not slander, though it is possible someone you were quoting did. Posts that start out with "I hope to deter anyone from buying from XXXX" and then follow with an unverifiable negative anecdote, truthful or not, frustrate me. Particularly when the vendor has a very substantial feedback record anyone can see, and when either the vendors own policies or in this case, eBay's "Buyer Protection Plan" make the anecdote questionable.

Facts:

Definitions: Slander vs. Libel vs. Defamation Some of this was new to me, I had thought the defamer had to know a statement was false, apparently not the case.

eBay Buyer Protection Plan: This was updated yesterday (July 10) and is very good to know for anyone purchasing or selling on eBay. In my earlier post this is why I said there is no risk, not because of any particular sellers stated policy, this overrides any individual merchant policy and errs strongly in favor of buyers. It is mostly automated and requires little effort. You get refunded from eBay (takes about a week) and then they fight with the vendor if the vendor still refuses. You just have to use the eBay process. A google search turns up lots of sellers not happy about this, but it is eBay's attempt to make transactions safe and buyers confident. If sellers frequently dispute the eBay process, not only are they removed from "Top Rated Plus" ranking (which Blinq has) but also from eBay as a seller.

The "Hello Kitty" transaction previously discussed in this thread was an Amazon Warehouse Deals transaction...nothing to do with Blinq.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #26,302 of 35,348
eBay Buyer Protection Plan: This was updated yesterday (July 10) and is very good to know for anyone purchasing or selling on eBay. In my earlier post this is why I said there is no risk, not because of any particular sellers stated policy, this overrides any individual merchant policy and errs strongly in favor of buyers. It is mostly automated and requires little effort. You get refunded from eBay (takes about a week) and then they fight with the vendor if the vendor still refuses. You just have to use the eBay process. A google search turns up lots of sellers not happy about this, but it is eBay's attempt to make transactions safe and buyers confident. If sellers frequently dispute the eBay process, not only are they removed from "Top Rated Plus" ranking (which Blinq has) but also from eBay as a seller.

The "Hello Kitty" transaction previously discussed in this thread was an Amazon Warehouse Deals transaction...nothing to do with Blinq.

FWIW...bought Fostex TH-X00 Purplehearts from Blinq on Ebay.

- product came as advertised and saved $150
- Buyer Protection Plan was the difference maker in pulling the trigger for me; thankfully didn't have to use it

Jul 12, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #26,303 of 35,348
snip

You did not slander, though it is possible someone you were quoting did. Posts that start out with "I hope to deter anyone from buying from XXXX" and then follow with an unverifiable negative anecdote, truthful or not, frustrate me. Particularly when the vendor has a very substantial feedback record anyone can see, and when either the vendors own policies or in this case, eBay's "Buyer Protection Plan" make the anecdote questionable.

Facts:

Definitions: Slander vs. Libel vs. Defamation Some of this was new to me, I had thought the defamer had to know a statement was false, apparently not the case.

Thanks for the knowledge bomb! And my apologies on the Hello Kitty error!

Interestingly, none of that changes my point on whether or not a warning of a potentially bad seller is off topic or not. :)

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #26,304 of 35,348

snip snip irrelevant deal...
snip snip more stuff

Did you skip the post where I posted my personal experience with them?

I hope to deter anyone from buying from Blinq. They are absolutely terrible. I ordered two items, one of which was an open box HD800. Only one item was included in my order (guess what, not the HD800). My order weighed one pound in total (the other item weighed 0.7lbs). They basically told me that according to their shipper the item was sent out, and I could go pound sand.They basically said "we don't believe you and we're not doing anything."

You might get the item you're looking for. And statistically it probably won't be an issue. However, if you have an issue you have a high probability of having an issue. In my experience, they told me I was going to lose out on a pair of HD800 headphones.

My comment about "buyer satisfaction" may have been a bit nuanced and something that only more 'seasoned' online buyer/sellers may have understood.

Buyer guarantee, buyer satisfaction, a to z protection, etc etc, are mostly marketing terms to make people feel better about an online purchase. If you dig deep enough into the "bad" transactions you'll find there are ways that buyers can get screwed over.

The hello kitty headphones was an anecdote which everyone seemed to want to take for actual events. When you get stuck in a bad transaction with a he said she said situation ebay has to make a discretionary call and it's not always with the buyer.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #26,305 of 35,348
Jul 13, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #26,308 of 35,348
Jul 13, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #26,309 of 35,348
Jul 13, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #26,310 of 35,348
ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 bookshelf speakers on Amazon.com for $349.98 instead of $499.00 (shipped from & sold by Amazon).

Would you mind posting the URL? When I click the link above, it redirects me to an eBay search page for some reason. TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back