The crappiest song you've caught yourself enjoying
Feb 14, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #76 of 241
Quote:
Brian Mendoza: AF won the biggie -- Album of the Year.  A real shock for an Indie band to win it, apparently.  Time to listen to The Suburbs again!

Quote:
I do feel like shouting out to Larry Carlton and Tak Matsumoto. Tak has once again stepped onto American soil to do something no other Asian has yet to do... First was his hand prints on the Hollywood Rock Walk of Fame as part of the B'z. Now he has won a Grammy with Larry Carlton.

I've never heard Tak, but I love me some jazz, so I'll have to get that album.  Oh, and Uehara Hiromi won Best Contemporary Jazz as part of the Stanley Clarke Band.  I was just listening to Spiral earlier today and loving it.

Nice! That's definitely a biggie. Definitely congrats to AF, I thought that album was pretty good. My girl's obsessed with that mountains beyond mountains song.

A friend of mine was saying there's some rare acoustic version of "Wake Up" around somewhere (apparently it was one made for Where the Wild Things are)... He may be bullsh**ing. Anyone else heard this? I didn't think the version of Wake Up they used on the commercial sounded any different than the original.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #78 of 241
Quote:
This thread should be in the members lounge. Anyone suggesting that good headphones make a crap song good has serious problems.

Did you not read the title? "The crappiest song you've caught yourself enjoying" It's not titled "Crappy songs that became magically wonderful through my headphones"

I never said headphones made a crappy song a good song. A crappy song is a crappy song. All I'm trying to say was the SOUND was good enough to make a crappy song bearable.

And it looks like other members agreed, participated and laughed in agreement.

Did you really have to be THAT GUY?

I'm sorry redrich2000, aka THE LORD OF SOUND. Please excuse our actions, and reconsider our entry into your world of tightwad elitest who can't have fun. And if you do, I promise that I, and everyone else on this thread, will have our SERIOUS PROBLEMS checked.

Why don't you go start another thread along the lines of your "Head-fi review policy" thread, and demonstrate to us your tightwad-elitest ways. You can title it, "Head-fi funny thread policy" or "Are Head-fi members allowed to enjoy a thread".

If you guys think this thread is funny, go read redrich2000's "RCA connector colours" thread he started.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/536606/rca-connector-colours
I'm still cracking up about that right now... And WE'RE the ones with PROBLEMS.

I can only imagine how bad the only two people who responded to this were trying not to laugh when writing back to him.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:43 AM Post #80 of 241
I actually really addicted to two songs:
Born This Way by Lady Gaga
and 
Everytime We Touch by Cascada

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #85 of 241
Feb 14, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #86 of 241

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #87 of 241

Japanese peeps even makes hologram-concerts awesome 
ph34r.gif

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #89 of 241

Quote:
Black and yellow - Wiz Khalifa
Crappy song but somehow like the catchy tune

Good lord this. I hate loving it.

For me, I'd say the entire Get Rich Or Die Tryin' album..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back