The crappiest song you've caught yourself enjoying
Feb 14, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #61 of 241
Yes, she is (omg, can't believe I just say it
ph34r.gif
). Just imagine singing along her lyric in bus: the guy beside me giving me this weird look. I just grin at him
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Don't call my name, don't call my name... Alejandro...... (bobbing head)

lady googly eyes is actually pretty decent for a modern pop star...now i can't stand kate perry, being "rebellious" just because she's trying to escape her catholic upraising

Yessss!!!! When I reload my twitter time-line and the one on top of the list is "OMG! Lady GaGa new single is released! OMG OMG OMG she's sooo coool!!!" with the single cover below that (I still figuring what on earth is she trying to look like? A leprosy sufferer? A dracula? A woman with bad-hair-day?)
Quote:
I generally try to forget Lady Gaga. Unfortunately, Lady Gaga makes it Lady Gaga's business to invade my business at increasingly frequent intervals in a seeming effort to make herself seem relevant to me. She isn't, but that doesn't stop her from invading the news when I'm trying to find out the important stuff that happened in the world that day.

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #62 of 241
I have never heard the Beiber and I aim to keep things that way.

P.S. Congrats to Arcade Fire!

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #63 of 241
I have not heard Arcade Fire... I should listen to them now...

I do feel like shouting out to Larry Carlton and Tak Matsumoto. Tak has once again stepped onto American soil to do something no other Asian has yet to do... First was his hand prints on the Hollywood Rock Walk of Fame as part of the B'z. Now he has won a Grammy with Larry Carlton.

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #64 of 241
Quote:
I have never heard the Beiber and I aim to keep things that way.

P.S. Congrats to Arcade Fire!

Yeah man, Justin Beiber is some weak stuff.

And I didn't catch the Grammys tonight, did Arcade Fire end up winning for something?

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #65 of 241

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They are huge now apparently. A mate of mine showed it to me lol.

Dang man, that's too funny. When it first came on I swore it wasn't a real song and then I noticed a more serious nature about it and realized it was no joke.

Wow that video is creepy - What is that little alien thing. Anyway one of my guilty pleasure songs is making love out of nothing at all by air supply

That "alien thing" is actually a real person (a DJ friend of theirs) that has a disease lol..

Feb 14, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #66 of 241

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They are huge now apparently. A mate of mine showed it to me lol.

Dang man, that's too funny. When it first came on I swore it wasn't a real song and then I noticed a more serious nature about it and realized it was no joke.

Wow that video is creepy - What is that little alien thing. Anyway one of my guilty pleasure songs is making love out of nothing at all by air supply

That "alien thing" is actually a real person (a DJ friend of theirs) that has a disease lol..

NOW THATS CREEPY! 

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #67 of 241
Feb 14, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #68 of 241

Quote:
Quote:
So many come and go, but the prospect of Beiber getting on stage with Billy Ray to do a duet version of 'Achy Breaky Heart' pretty much has me looking for a stout length of rope and a sturdy tree.

biggrin.gif

What took me by surprise is that my gf's little brother in middle school in South Korea said to me, "Baby, baby! American songs are good! You know Justin Bieber?!"

We can laugh, but the frightening thing is that the little bugger could walk away from it all today and never have to work another day in his life. How many of us could say that ?

(of course, the child star script rarely goes that way, and I'm sure the tabloids already have the 'Back in rehab' stories ready. They just have to do a search and replace on 'Lindsay Lohan', change 'she' to 'he' and the stories will be good to go)

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #69 of 241
Haha, nice thread. As of late....Katy Perry. Her songs are pretty darn catchy!

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #70 of 241
This thread is awesome.  Good laughs.

Lol now that I think about it, when I plug my ipod into my car stereo and hit play, the first alphabetical song is some crappy pop song from chronicles of narnia soundtrack.  Lol I nearly panic trying to get to a decent song before I drive by someone in the parking structure blasting Wunderkind - Alanis Morissette
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
.  I've only mildly enjoyed it once or twice
tongue.gif
.  Yea, now that I think about it there are several songs like that on my ipod
redface.gif

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #71 of 241
Quote:
Haha, nice thread. As of late....Katy Perry. Her songs are pretty darn catchy!

God, I know man! I'm embarrassingly admitting that I've caught myself head nodding to her songs... She's another one that my girlfriends little sister is OBSESSED with. San Diego females feel the need to BLAST that California Girls song.

Quote:
We can laugh, but the frightening thing is that the little bugger could walk away from it all today and never have to work another day in his life. How many of us could say that ?

Damn I know... The kid gets to make a ton of dough singing songs with the crappiest lyrics of all time. And chances are he's not even the one writing those crappy songs either!

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #72 of 241
Thanks to olor1n, Wheatus was added to my itunes... 
ph34r.gif

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #73 of 241
Hanson - Mmmbop
In my defense, it was on the 1998 Grammy Award Nominees compilation disc which had quite a few good songs on it including ones by Shawn Colvin and Stevie Nicks.  The Hanson tune is actually recorded quite well and if you crank it up you might catch yourself tapping your foot. 
etysmile.gif

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #74 of 241
You're the second one to mention that one... It's making me want to DL it to see if it'll get to me also.

I think what would be better would be if it somehow snuck into playing on my headphones without me expecting it. Then that would be the true test. 
basshead.gif

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #75 of 241
Brian Mendoza: AF won the biggie -- Album of the Year.  A real shock for an Indie band to win it, apparently.  Time to listen to The Suburbs again!

Quote:
I do feel like shouting out to Larry Carlton and Tak Matsumoto. Tak has once again stepped onto American soil to do something no other Asian has yet to do... First was his hand prints on the Hollywood Rock Walk of Fame as part of the B'z. Now he has won a Grammy with Larry Carlton.

I've never heard Tak, but I love me some jazz, so I'll have to get that album.  Oh, and Uehara Hiromi won Best Contemporary Jazz as part of the Stanley Clarke Band.  I was just listening to Spiral earlier today and loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back