The crappiest song you've caught yourself enjoying
Feb 13, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #46 of 241
"I just had sex"

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #48 of 241
I won't say this is a song I caught myself liking but sure was a song that stuck in mead like a bad cold!

"There ain't nobody in here but us chickens"

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #51 of 241
I'm totally with you on Utada.  Some good beats, but she can't write for giggles.  What Canto-Pop artists are the ones you're talking about?  Or is it Mando Pop?  I have to confess that C-Pop is a guilty pleasure of mine.  #shameonme

Quote:
Anything from Ayumi Hamasaki. She has the worst singing voice ever to me, but somehow the producers can make her music sound good at times
confused_face%281%29.gif

I don't know how she got so popular..

Sadly, Utada Hikaru's US music is still on my Ipod and not deleted. Ugh. The lyrics are the absolute worst. I love her Japanese releases however.
For some reason a few of the tracks on her US album sound good on headphones and I use them for testing.

Most "Cantopop" is mastered really well it seems and is some of the best sounding music for a headphone. Strange. Can't say I like it all, but some is listenable.

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #52 of 241
Any number of J/K-pop songs... It is a guilty pleasure... what can I say... I make up for it though... those songs take up such a small real estate on my J3 it is like they are almost non-existant most of the time.

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #53 of 241

Quote:
I'm totally with you on Utada.  Some good beats, but she can't write for giggles.  What Canto-Pop artists are the ones you're talking about?  Or is it Mando Pop?  I have to confess that C-Pop is a guilty pleasure of mine.  #shameonme

Quote:
Anything from Ayumi Hamasaki. She has the worst singing voice ever to me, but somehow the producers can make her music sound good at times
confused_face%281%29.gif

I don't know how she got so popular..

Sadly, Utada Hikaru's US music is still on my Ipod and not deleted. Ugh. The lyrics are the absolute worst. I love her Japanese releases however.
For some reason a few of the tracks on her US album sound good on headphones and I use them for testing.

Most "Cantopop" is mastered really well it seems and is some of the best sounding music for a headphone. Strange. Can't say I like it all, but some is listenable.

I thought "Baby Come Back to Me" was brilliant. Her rendition of "Merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence" into her "FYI" was catchy, but horrid
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #55 of 241

Quote:
Don't call my name, don't call my name... Alejandro...... (bobbing head)

lady googly eyes is actually pretty decent for a modern pop star...now i can't stand kate perry, being "rebellious" just because she's trying to escape her catholic upraising

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #56 of 241
So many come and go, but the prospect of Beiber getting on stage with Billy Ray to do a duet version of 'Achy Breaky Heart' pretty much has me looking for a stout length of rope and a sturdy tree.

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #57 of 241

Quote:
So many come and go, but the prospect of Beiber getting on stage with Billy Ray to do a duet version of 'Achy Breaky Heart' pretty much has me looking for a stout length of rope and a sturdy tree.

biggrin.gif

What took me by surprise is that my gf's little brother in middle school in South Korea said to me, "Baby, baby! American songs are good! You know Justin Bieber?!"

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #58 of 241

Quote:
Quote:

biggrin.gif

What took me by surprise is that my gf's little brother in middle school in South Korea said to me, "Baby, baby! American songs are good! You know Justin Bieber?!"

:xf_eek: I would have been speechless at that point..dang it, that just reminded my of lady gaga again

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #59 of 241

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

biggrin.gif

:xf_eek: I would have been speechless at that point..dang it, that just reminded my of lady gaga again

I generally try to forget Lady Gaga. Unfortunately, Lady Gaga makes it Lady Gaga's business to invade my business at increasingly frequent intervals in a seeming effort to make herself seem relevant to me. She isn't, but that doesn't stop her from invading the news when I'm trying to find out the important stuff that happened in the world that day.

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #60 of 241
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I still can't believe they made a movie about that goon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back