The Compass Thread (New)
Aug 13, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #438 of 981
The DAC chips are listed right on the product page.

Quote:

The lowest jitter DIR9001 is used, other ICs used are PCM2707 and AD1852,

Apply some Google and you will find the spec sheets.

Aug 14, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #439 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleatoris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DAC chips are listed right on the product page.

Apply some Google and you will find the spec sheets.

Thanks man, I missed those lines last time I was looking through

Aug 15, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #440 of 981
have any of you guys/gals been able to get into contact with kingwa lately? i sent a couple emails, got the audio-gd confirmation but no response

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #441 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have any of you guys/gals been able to get into contact with kingwa lately? i sent a couple emails, got the audio-gd confirmation but no response

I'm waiting for a response too, it says on the front page "During 10th to 15th of Aug. , we are moving to the new factory , these days we maybe can't reply the E-mail."

My guess is we have to wait until Monday

Aug 15, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #442 of 981
Or maybe just wait for the weekend. It's Friday here, so if things have gone well, he might end up responding to emails on the weekend. Lets hope anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #444 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or maybe just wait for the weekend. It's Friday here, so if things have gone well, he might end up responding to emails on the weekend. Lets hope anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

As you posted that I finally got a reply. Sent my payment, can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #445 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by keithw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting for a response too, it says on the front page "During 10th to 15th of Aug. , we are moving to the new factory , these days we maybe can't reply the E-mail."

My guess is we have to wait until Monday

oh interesting, thanks. never expect audio-gd to have move factory

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #446 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfrag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really dont have much idea.
I just got the compass two months back, and the zero is around 7 months old, ( friends )
we put in the same opamp and tried my ad700's and his dt990 pro's, we couldnt find any diff, it sounded the same.. I didnt really try his HP properly, but with my ad700's songs did sound the same..
maybe the difference will be more apparent, when we use HP's that require a lot of power, since the power of the compass is 3-4 times the power of zero by numbers, the 4 huge capacitors of the compass can hold collectively 14k micro farens ( dont know exact term) while the zero can hold around 4.5k.. dont fget the fact that compass has a discrete amp section.. which means the amp is definitely of a MUCH higher quality..
however, I really dont know the difference in the DAC section between the zero and compass, and the overall SQ when using HP that dont need much power, i.e. my ad700's.
the dt990 pro 250ohm supposedly require more juice, but I didnt get the time to test that with both, but my friend says he couldnt find any difference, maybe its that our ears are not fully trained to hear the details..

however I do hope when I get my ATH-W5000's ( much later though ) the compass proves its worth over the Zero..

The AD700 is known to improve very little with amps, so it does not surprise me that you did not hear significant differences. I would give it a shot with a headphone you know the sound of that improves more with amping before making a decision on sound quality or worth.

Aug 16, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #448 of 981
can someone explain to me what's the point of putting those bits of black plastic glue inside the compass ? I emailed kingwa but his english is not very good so i could not get a very clear answer ......

"
Dear Sir,
The parts on the ICE is the earth parts.
In audio gears, some time this parts will let the gears become earth loop so have some HUM noise, if no earth loop, this parts can effect the HUM noise.
But why I sale the units with these parts? because this is a safe stand, we must install these parts so can arrive the standard.
But I advice users don't move these parts."

Aug 17, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #450 of 981
So after about 436+ hours on the Sun I finally got them all burned in! In a few weeks after I am settled in up at school I will half to now try all the different setting and compare them all to see what I like best.

Speaking of best I can say that the Sun is great for classic rock. I had a harder time hearing the static in some older recordings as other sounds become more prominent. Personally this made the songs much easier to enjoy as the static was forced to the back of the sound stage. I attributed this largely to the possibly larger sound stage of the sun over the moon and earth. But, I will half to actually test them side by side to know for sure.

I hope everyone else is enjoying there compass as much as me!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back