The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #2,822 of 5,999
Quote:
 you don't have to wait for the Mook festival to try M8.

Jaben has a unit with iDevice...

rgds

Ah, thanks for this.
I haven't been down to Adelphi for ages, might make another trip down one day!

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #2,824 of 5,999
Actually, I'm lot going to Spore, but Jaben will represent us well. They are very good people!

Ah, I see. Next time then!

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #2,825 of 5,999
Quote:
Ah, I see. Next time then!

Best to go to the Mook festival as I understand there are at least 2 versions of the M8 for sale. One is the LX and the other is for idevices. The only problem is the noise at the festival. Auditioning the device is kinda difficult under such conditions. Alternatively, if you are not in any hurry, test them out after the festival at the store.

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #2,826 of 5,999
If nothing happens, i will fly to Singapore to attend the Mook festival tomorrow and, of course, stop by CEntrance booth to try the M8. feeling very excited right now :D

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #2,827 of 5,999
Michael,

I see that you're getting closer to the September shipments as the power supplies are on their way to CEntrance. Assuming I'd be included in that batch, I just want to formally request that my iDevice M8 with 4-pin XLR not be shipped until you've worked through the 24/96 issues. I'll gladly wait to ensure I don't have to deal with the hassle and expense of sending my M8 back once things are fully ready. In the meantime, I'll just have to suffer through listening via my DACmini CX. Thanks.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #2,829 of 5,999
Please send an e-mail to Stacie (Sroma (at) centrance (dot) com) and let her know if you would like your unit to be sent before 24/96 capability, or after.

We are compiling the list of people for next batch to see who would like to test the unit before sending it back for 24/96.

Thanks,
Kenny

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #2,830 of 5,999
Quote:
This raises the question - will Centrance ship the next batch before or after 24/96 is worked out. I am at the point I will take mine either way to start enjoying it. Sending it for a trip back home would not be the end of the world for me.

Good choice, Life is short, enjoy it now. :)

Spend $10 to ship it back when its available, which means, pay $10 to bring the future to now.. and double joy when 24/96 is available.

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #2,831 of 5,999
Quote:
Please send an e-mail to Stacie (Sroma (at) centrance (dot) com) and let her know if you would like your unit to be sent before 24/96 capability, or after.

We are compiling the list of people for next batch to see who would like to test the unit before sending it back for 24/96.

Thanks,
Kenny

Kenny - Thank you and done, with the request to go ahead and ship when available.  I'll just send it home for a visit to CEntrance when the 24/96 capability is worked through and available.

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #2,833 of 5,999
Notice with the 4-pin XLR output, the orientation of the pins is such that for the connector to insert, the usual 'top' spot is towards the left at 9 o'clock, instead of being at 12 o'clock. Any reason for that?
-
The significance is that most good 4-pin XLR connectors will have a 'top', so that users can insert them easily. 
Also all amps with 4-pin XLR outputs probably have it orientated the same way, so it's counter intuitive to insert it another way in.

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #2,834 of 5,999
I find the solution for that is to rotate the amp clockwise so the top is now at 3 o'clock... 
size]

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #2,835 of 5,999

[size=12pt] Hi Larry,[/size]

You are spot on again...this time the Centrance M8.  I received my M8 LX (optical-in).  I finally found the perfect (small footprint, unwieldy, compact) DAC + Headphone amplifier for my Sonos/LCD3 headphone rig.  

Michael is true to his words that the M8's DAC and amplifier are good enough that i will not consider replacing any of them.  

I did not miss my Eximus DP1 & Mytek DSD & NAD M51 and will be putting up my CLAS -db (no optical in) for sale soon.  Partly i do not require the additional inputs/outputs that could add clutter to my desk and cherish small footprint more. The choice gets easier especially when the pre-order M8 LX is just 1/3 the price of CLAS + Rx MK3b.

I read that i could use just the DAC for the M8 LX.  But is there anyway i could use just the headphone amplifier and not the DAC for the M8 LX?  If not, i will be keeping Rx MK3b solely for my Korg DSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back