The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Aug 6, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #2,851 of 5,999
So, the DX100 (and its sister) will be able to connect digitally through USB?  Never thought of a DAP hooking up that way....

After further thought, I guess it makes since, being it has an Android UI.  Does this mean the more budget friendly Sony Walkman would connect the same way?  I believe Sony has gone Android on their DAPs too....

Aug 6, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #2,853 of 5,999
I don't care if its digital out from optical or USB, just that it can connect to the HiFi-M8...

I'd like to develop a list of DAPs that can work with the HiFi-M8 LX, that's all...

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #2,854 of 5,999
Quote:
So, the DX100 (and its sister) will be able to connect digitally through USB?  Never thought of a DAP hooking up that way....

After further thought, I guess it makes since, being it has an Android UI.  Does this mean the more budget friendly Sony Walkman would connect the same way?  I believe Sony has gone Android on their DAPs too....

On the Hifi-M8 LX version, there is optical in so technically, you should be able to use the DX100, AK100 and AK120 with it.

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #2,855 of 5,999
Quote:

On the Hifi-M8 LX version, there is optical in so technically, you should be able to use the DX100, AK100 and AK120 with it.

Honest question: Why spend so much money on these audiophile players if you are just going to offload all the DAC processing and amping to the M8?  

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #2,857 of 5,999
Quote:
Honest question: Why spend so much money on these audiophile players if you are just going to offload all the DAC processing and amping to the M8?  

Good honest question. As you know, I was just trying to be helpful here 
biggrin.gif
 but since you asked, I will try to give a few possible answers. I am sure there are other reasons but off the back of my head, I can think of these two reasons :

1) Some people have very deep pockets 
etysmile.gif

2) Some folks are obsessed with better SQ

I would consider the Hifi-M8 as a transportable device more suitable for the home or office.

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #2,858 of 5,999
Quote:

If you know of a less expensive player that connects to the LX model, please share...

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #2,860 of 5,999
Quote:
Good honest question. As you know, I was just trying to be helpful here 
biggrin.gif
 but since you asked, I will try to give a few possible answers. I am sure there are other reasons but off the back of my head, I can think of these two reasons :

1) Some people have very deep pockets 
etysmile.gif

2) Some folks are obsessed with better SQ

I would consider the Hifi-M8 as a transportable device more suitable for the home or office.

Wasn't questioning anyone buying those players or you suggesting them.  I have zero problem with people spending money on whatever makes them happy, especially audio gear :)  But, I am not a fan of wasting my own money and to me buying players with fancy DACs and amps that cost $600-1200 just to reduce them to a simple transport for file storage seems silly, even if money is no object.  I suppose for ultraportable use, it makes sense to have them and then hook them up to the M8 for when more power is needed.  

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #2,863 of 5,999
So far for an LX friendly DAP

AK100 to 24/192
AK120 to 24/192
DX100 to 24/192
IHIFI960 to 16/48

Users who are viewing this thread

Back