The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Aug 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #2,882 of 5,999
Quote:

Got my Сentrance today. It looks like a terrorist device :)

Spasibo, mr. Goodman :wink:

Congrats.  When you have time, could you share how you're connecting your AK100?  What cable are you using?

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #2,886 of 5,999
Yes, unfortunately a couple of us have. It was discussed in the impressions thread. Michael have been unable to reproduce to problem on his end. But I suggested it might only be with sensitive cans since I've been using my jh13 pretty much exclusively. He thought the same thing and is trying to get his hands on some iems to see if he can hear it as well. I'm probably going to do some testing with some of my other cans to see if I hear in those as well.

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #2,887 of 5,999
Quote:
Yes, unfortunately a couple of us have. It was discussed in the impressions thread. Michael have been unable to reproduce to problem on his end. But I suggested it might only be with sensitive cans since I've been using my jh13 pretty much exclusively. He thought the same thing and is trying to get his hands on some iems to see if he can hear it as well. I'm probably going to do some testing with some of my other cans to see if I hear in those as well.

It is unfortunate, in this way, the M8 is not compatible with IEMs. Background noise in a device of this level is unacceptable

And the noise level depends on the volume control - at half the volume of possible noise above.
Another noted that the switch impedance headphones a little confused - first is of high value (volume down noise too).

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #2,888 of 5,999
It is unfortunate, in this way, the M8 is not compatible with IEMs. Background noise in a device of this level is unacceptable

And the noise level depends on the volume control - at half the volume of possible noise above.
Another noted that the switch impedance headphones a little confused - first is of high value (volume down noise too).

I'm using IEMs - MG6PROs - and it's totally silent in the background. No noise whatsoever.

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #2,890 of 5,999
Quote:

No issues with my Westone UM3X. Tried on default Music app, and FLAC player. Also tried with max volume on a volume attenuator. Silent.
Tried via USB, and via iPhone 4S.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #2,891 of 5,999
It seems very few of us are having these issues which leads me to wonder if ours are defective. In addition to the interference I get on some apps, I'm now getting some hiss with my jh13 no matter what the scenario is. I don't even have to have my iphone connected. All I have to do is turn it on and plug my jh13s in, and there's a little hiss.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #2,892 of 5,999
I think it's important to differentiate between what is being referred as "background noise" and the cell interference that was already discussed, and being looked into.

Iron Lung - are you hearing interference from a cell or is this something different like hiss? (not a black background)

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #2,893 of 5,999
Quote:
I think it's important to differentiate between what is being referred as "background noise" and the cell interference that was already discussed, and being looked into.

Iron Lung - are you hearing interference from a cell or is this something different like hiss? (not a black background)

No, I do not have interference from a nearby cell phone. I'm talking about the "pink noise", ie the sound of a waterfall located in the distance, if you know what I mean. In this way I would describe the sound as noise, not interference.

Noise heard, regardless of whether or not the player is connected.

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #2,894 of 5,999
Quote:
I'd be interested to know whether using an Android smartphone as a transport provides the same level of sound quality as using a DAP like the AK100/120 into the M8.

I would assume it would be just as good since you are taking a digital signal out of each device and allowing the M8 to do all the processing and amplifying.

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #2,895 of 5,999
I heard no hiss on 1p2, AKG3003 IEM on 1 ohm, when volume turn all the way up, there is some very faint hiss...

I heard some hiss on 2 ohm. Hiss is pretty obvious even at low volume

Users who are viewing this thread

Back