The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #2,612 of 5,999
I'm feeling in a jovial mood, and feel like giving a shout out to Stacie. I am a project manager as well. To blow my profession's whistle, and especially to commend Stacie, she is the behind the scenes hero that gets the details done so that Michael and the technical team can do what they do. Yea!

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #2,614 of 5,999
Looks like I am in the second batch so I have some time on my hands.

Oh Well, I will be able to get really familiar with my new Westone 4Rs and an HRT MicroStreamer that should be here tomorrow.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #2,615 of 5,999
Looks like I am in the second batch so I have some time on my hands.

Oh Well, I will be able to get really familiar with my new Westone 4Rs and an HRT MicroStreamer that should be here tomorrow.

I thought I was in the first group. Turns out I'm also in the second, course that could be because I emailed that I was willing to wait for a unit with the current bug squished as it were. Not a big deal, though all the listening reports are giving me a moderate case of "new toy-itis." I wonder if new music might send it into remission for 5 or 6 weeks...

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #2,617 of 5,999
Quote:
I thought I was in the first group. Turns out I'm also in the second, course that could be because I emailed that I was willing to wait for a unit with the current bug squished as it were. Not a big deal, though all the listening reports are giving me a moderate case of "new toy-itis." I wonder if new music might send it into remission for 5 or 6 weeks...

The really funny thing is that the M8 was a bit of an impulse purchase, but I will end up waiting nearly 10 months for it.  The biggest problem is that in that time, many things have changed for me and the M8 no longer makes sense for me to keep.  I am still excited for it and will put it through its paces, but it will probably find its way onto the FS forum shortly after.  

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,618 of 5,999
That's why I opted to have mine shipped out now. I will still have 24/96 capability the same time as everyone who opted to wait. The only difference is I get to enjoy mine now instead of waiting. Michael told me that the turnaround would be the time it takes to ship it back and receive it plus one day. So the only thing I will be out is the few dollars it would cost to ship it back while enjoying it in the mean time. That was a no brainer for me since the update will be software vs them having to make hardware changes which could take a while.

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #2,622 of 5,999
...Hey! What 'bout me?! LOL 

Enjoy
Quote:
I was out running errands and what did I see on my door step when I got home?

Christmas in July!! So Christmas came early this year, or late depending on who you ask. :)

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #2,623 of 5,999
Here's something funny. As I was taking pics of the unboxing, a thunderstorm came out of nowhere and now the electricity is off. So now the only thing I can do is look at it in the dark.

Even more ironic, the power lines in my neighborhood all run underground and the electricity hardly ever goes out. The last time the lights went out was during hurricane Katrina, and even then it was only for a couple of hours. :frowning2:

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #2,624 of 5,999
Quote:
I was out running errands and what did I see on my door step when I got home?

Christmas in July!! So Christmas came early this year, or late depending on who you ask. :)

Or last yr's Christmas gift finally arrived. 
wink_face.gif

Anyways, congrats and enjoy.

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #2,625 of 5,999
I ordered on Dec 10, 2012 and I will be in the "second group". Anticipated shipping (from Stacie) is the last week of August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back