The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 15, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #2,581 of 5,999
Quote:
...  It'll be a few more hours before I can hook up some cans and give it a listen, but it's nice to have the kit in my hands.  Feels solid.  Congrats on another milestone!

Thanks much! Can't wait to hear your impressions. After all the blogging on my part, it's time for you (and others) to put down some words of your own :)

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #2,582 of 5,999
Wow, thanks for the correction Michael...

Is it me, or does the 4 pin XLR flavor seem to have the most "bells and whistles"?

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #2,583 of 5,999
Quote:
Wow, thanks for the correction Michael...

Is it me, or does the 4 pin XLR flavor seem to have the most "bells and whistles"?

You and I might very well think that, yet we still have a whole bunch of interest for the dual XLR version that doesn't offer the SPDIF optical out and the RSA output version...

Go figure! We only now realize how smart it was to listen to everyone and make all the models... It totally sounded like madness at the time, with all the opposing points of view, but now we can ship pretty much anything people want. On the flip side, it's scary to think we could have come out with a "bad configuration" as the "only configuration". That would have been a disaster... :)

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #2,584 of 5,999
I am the happy owner of the Hifi-M8 as of today.  The unit is lighter and smaller than I thought.  I have not tested it yet but looking forward to it this evening.  

Michael,

I have decided to revise my unit to the RSA config. from the original being dual 3-pin XLR.  I sent Stacie an email towards the end of last week stating this fact and what I received is the original config.  I have not received a reply from her yet.  May I send this unit back and get a RSA configured unit?  Thanks.  

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #2,586 of 5,999
Quote:
I am the happy owner of the Hifi-M8 as of today.  The unit is lighter and smaller than I thought.  I have not tested it yet but looking forward to it this evening.  

Michael,

I have decided to revise my unit to the RSA config. from the original being dual 3-pin XLR.  I sent Stacie an email towards the end of last week stating this fact and what I received is the original config.  I have not received a reply from her yet.  May I send this unit back and get a RSA configured unit?  Thanks.  

Hello DanniBai,

I just spoke with Stacie and she mentioned that your request for a change came in too late - your box had already been sent out!

This is why we request that people "lock in" their connector choice way in advance of shipping.

Stacie has sent you an email earlier this afternoon with that info, but I don't mind doubling up here, since this may be relevant to others. While we are in the early stages of shipping, and are still working out the kinks from our process, it's ok to send the unit back to us (please include all accessories) and we will swap it out for you. However, please note that this will not be our standard practice moving forward.

Cheers,

Michael

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #2,587 of 5,999
You and I might very well think that, yet we still have a whole bunch of interest for the dual XLR version that doesn't offer the SPDIF optical out and the RSA output version...

Go figure! We only now realize how smart it was to listen to everyone and make all the models... It totally sounded like madness at the time, with all the opposing points of view, but now we can ship pretty much anything people want. On the flip side, it's scary to think we could have come out with a "bad configuration" as the "only configuration". That would have been a disaster... :)

I came really close to sending an email and requesting the rsa version because of the small form factor. And most every other manufacture use this jack on their balanced portable amp. But in the end, a full sized 4 pin balance jack just made the most sense from me when it came to reliability, and the fact sound quality wouldn't be compromised(even though they both probably sound the same). But at least then, I wouldn't ever have to wonder. I could also use the full size jack to run my balanced monitors if I ever decided to.

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #2,588 of 5,999
Quote:
Please contact Stacie. She is handling fulfillment on this one. She really excels when it comes to details like that.

I sent Stacie an email last week, with the questions regarding shipping and some questions regarding the delay but haven't heard anything back, is she still under the weather?

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #2,589 of 5,999
Quote:
Hello DanniBai,

I just spoke with Stacie and she mentioned that your request for a change came in too late - your box had already been sent out!

This is why we request that people "lock in" their connector choice way in advance of shipping.

Stacie has sent you an emails earlier this afternoon with that info, but I don't mind doubling up, here, since this may be relevant to others. While we are in the early stages of shipping, and are still working out the kinks from our process, it's ok to send the unit back to us (please include all accessories) and we will swap it out for you. However, please note that this will not be our standard practice moving forward.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks Michael.  I just read Stacie's email.  I realize this shouldn't be a standard practice but I read somewhere along the lines that we were going to be contacted again before shipment to finalize everything.  I could be wrong here but that was my understanding.  Either way, I appreciate the exception and this is a mighty good sounding unit.  

I currently have the HE500 connected single ended/high gain/volume at 2 o'clock and it sounds marvelous.  Turning it up to 4 o'clock it gets too loud but no distortion/clipping whatsoever.  The sound is neutral, very spacious and clean as all get out.  This is going to be a benchmark in portable sound.  Bravo!!!

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #2,590 of 5,999
Quote:
... I realize this shouldn't be a standard practice but I read somewhere along the lines that we were going to be contacted again before shipment to finalize everything....

I currently have the HE500 connected single ended/high gain/volume at 2 o'clock and it sounds marvelous.  Turning it up to 4 o'clock it gets too loud but no distortion/clipping whatsoever.  The sound is neutral, very spacious and clean as all get out.  This is going to be a benchmark in portable sound.  Bravo!!!

We've certainly had a couple of hick-ups here... but glad to hear you are liking the sound!

No, we are not planning to contact everyone individually PRIOR to sending. We will expect that your connector choice is final. If you are making a change please let us know ASAP, but we cannot guarantee that we will process the change, since many units are already waiting by the door.

We are planning to contact you AS WE SEND the unit, but by then, it's only to tell you the tracking number. Please forgive us as we are transitioning from "data gathering mode" to "delivery mode". The former allows flexibility. The latter requires execution speed.

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #2,591 of 5,999
Quote:
I sent Stacie an email last week, with the questions regarding shipping and some questions regarding the delay but haven't heard anything back, is she still under the weather?

A reply is on it's way as we speak. Stacie is back and is processing a very large inbox. It's been a busy weekend for email... Thank you for your patience :)

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #2,592 of 5,999
Quote:
A reply is on it's way as we speak. Stacie is back and is processing a very large inbox. It's been a busy weekend for email... Thank you for your patience :)

Michael,

would it be improper to ask how many M8 units have been (pre)sold in total?   Not to gauge timelines for users or delivery methods in any way.
just for a general idea of how successful the product launch has/will be.... etc.

Feel to to ignore and not reply to this query if CEntrance policy is to "not reveal sales figures".  :wink:
or just answer 1.5 million.
ha!

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #2,593 of 5,999
Quote:

Michael,

would it be improper to ask how many M8 units have been (pre)sold in total?   Not to gauge timelines for users or delivery methods in any way.
just for a general idea of how successful the product launch has/will be.... etc.

Feel to to ignore and not reply to this query if CEntrance policy is to "not reveal sales figures".  :wink:
or just answer 1.5 million.
ha!

15 miillion :wink:

Let me put it this way. One of the companies making a similar product is SONY. I like them, but for the life of me, I don't understand why they are entering a small niche like this. It's not their type of volume. For a small company like CEntrance the volume should be appropriate, but then again, this product has almost too many features, which makes it very unique. This could be a good thing or a bad thing for sales volume... We will see.

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #2,594 of 5,999
Quote:

Thank you! Received and replied.

One question, what is the status of the fix for the 24/96 upgrade? Will units shipped out now still need to be sent back to be upgraded?

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #2,595 of 5,999
Quote:
Thank you! Received and replied.

One question, what is the status of the fix for the 24/96 upgrade? Will units shipped out now still need to be sent back to be upgraded?

Yes, right now we are mostly sending out the LX version, which is immune from this issue (LX already supports 24/192 on SPDIF input and the USB input). We are also sending out the unit to those customers who prefer to have "something to test" now and don't mind sending the units back with the fix for 24/96 is available. Some people wrote in saying they would rather wait and get the finished unit. We respect that point of view as well.

We are still looking at the fix. We spent the day coding. I expect that by the end of this week we will know when the 24/96 thing will be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back