The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 12, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #2,506 of 5,999
Quote:
Not really, if your Thunderpants experience is any indication. 
wink.gif

Quote:

No.

:)

lol, you guys are brutal......
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #2,508 of 5,999
What problem?  Still on schedule as far as I can tell.  
wink.gif
   Keep those bugs afixin'...

Since the idevice M8 is for my daughter for Chanukah, anyway, delivery as late as November still works for me.

OTOH, LX I assume is already bulletproof and raring to go.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #2,511 of 5,999

7/12/2013  -  Friday
3:15 pm Delivery exception

TOKYO-KOTO-KU JP
  Customer not available or business closed
12:16 pm In transit
  TOKYO-KOTO-KU JP
  Tendered to authorized agent for final delivery
12:15 pm In transit
  TOKYO-KOTO-KU JP
9:03 am International shipment release - Import
  TOKYO-KOTO-KU JP
9:01 am In transit
  TOKYO-KOTO-KU JP
  Package available for clearance
6:51 am At destination sort facility
  NARITA-SHI JP
 - 

7/11/2013  -  Thursday
2:16 am Departed FedEx location
  MEMPHIS, TN
12:41 am Arrived at FedEx location
  MEMPHIS, TN
 - 

7/10/2013  -  Wednesday
9:10 pm Left FedEx origin facility
  SKOKIE, IL
7:21 pm Picked up
  SKOKIE, IL
  Tendered at FedEx Office
5:47 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

Wow, that was fast.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #2,512 of 5,999
Well I consider myself an early bird, too, but I haven't seen any signs of anyone sniffing around  looking to make a delivery, much less an email. 

Must be that other gear you ordered. 

EDIT:  Skokie, Ill.  That'd be the one.  Hmmm...  Think I'll call the complex office this morning.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #2,514 of 5,999
Quote:
I opted to wait for the finished product. News is not so bad. 16/48 now, send it in to get tuned up later, or wait for the firmware updater fix that will allow 24/96 updates in the future. As I said, I'll wait. Not that big a deal, and likely only affects 45 of us. Part of being the beta group, which is really what we signed on for.

Quote:
Thank you for your incredible patience and understanding!

I'm personally oscillating between "wait" and "send" and my mood changes a couple of times an hour.

- The reason to send is to give you what we have, which is the best we will have for at least a month. And that "best" is pretty darn good, except for lack of 24/96. What's the point of denying that pleasure?
- The reason to wait is to avoid sending things back and forth and dealing with the bad word "recall". But how bad is that word, really? That question has me oscillating back and forth. Need to sleep on it...

Upon reflection, you make a good point.  Shipping the current version, then sending it back or meeting up at a meet or trade show for the final update would be a fine option for completion as well.  I have some 24/96 files, but do not really expect to play them from an iDevice, though I will want that capability when it becomes available both from Centrance and from Apple.  Shipping now would also help get the beta fleet into real world evaluation by the collective "us" a bit sooner...  I am good with either.  Please warn about shipping, I'll be away from work for a couple of weeks starting next week...

EDIT for configuration - iDevice with 4 pin XLR.

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #2,516 of 5,999
I now remember that I had changed my pre-order to an LX version (which doesn't have an iDevice input), so I'd be unaffected by the problem, correct?  If that's the case, then I'd be willing to have my M8 shipped now (or whenever it's ready).

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #2,518 of 5,999
I ordered in October but have not received an email regarding shipment. Am I to assume I am not on the list for the 1st batch? I would be OK with not high bitrate support from iOS since my iOS devices would hold so few files of that type anyway. Knowing that I can ship it back to remedy that makes me want to just get my hands on this and finally make use of the balanced cable i got for my cans in Novemeber.

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #2,520 of 5,999
Quote:
This is my first audio gear purchase via the internet actually, i always buy in store here in Tokyo.

That must be such a luxury, living among a high audio gear savvy consumer population.  Houston, as large as it is, is still slim pickings (no double entendre intended
wink.gif
). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back