The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #2,477 of 5,999
Quote:
I opted to wait for the finished product. News is not so bad. 16/48 now, send it in to get tuned up later, or wait for the firmware updater fix that will allow 24/96 updates in the future. As I said, I'll wait. Not that big a deal, and likely only affects 45 of us. Part of being the beta group, which is really what we signed on for.

It seems that the firmware updater cannot handle fixing this bug so we have to send the M8s back to Michael. If later this bug can be fixed by the updater, then i'm willing to take the unit right now and wait for a firmware update over the web. I am not in the US so sending it back to CEntrance would be a hassle for me :frowning2:. Maybe i should wait for the finished product. This news may be the biggest disappointment today for me :frowning2:.

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #2,478 of 5,999
Personally, I don't mind my units to be limited to 16/48 since I don't have any hi-rez files in my iDevices anyway.
After knowing that the first units are ready my patience ran out. I can't wait another few weeks :p

Jul 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #2,479 of 5,999
Quote:
Hmmm!!

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

,Take it to the Sound Science section please, Mr suspicious 4 posts.only 

deadhorse.gif

And .....I dont care, I want the unit to be all that it can be and offers.
size]

Anyway as Aamefford says, we are early adopters and there is a price to be paid for that.

If we are on track to being the first 20 receivers we can get an early listen to the Hifi-m8 and provide some feedback to Centrance and impressions for fellow head-fiers.

Enjoy what we have and worry about sorting it out later on.

*Thanks again to mgoodman for his honest and frequent updates.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #2,480 of 5,999
Has anyone here received an e-mail confirming that their M8s were on the way?  (I haven't yet.)  I prepaid on October 23, so I think I'm in the first batch.

Since I intend to use the M8 only with my MacBook Pro and not with an iDevice, the 16/48 shouldn't apply to me, right?  I'm still expecting up to 24/192 with my MBP.  Nevertheless, I'd still like a unit that works correctly, so I'm willing to wait as well (if it hasn't already shipped, that is).

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #2,481 of 5,999
My Hifi-M8 is on the way.

I got a reply via the Centrance Hifi-m8 blog.

-I will email Michael now and suggest that he email the first 20 people that have their units on the way,
This is better I think than all of us spamming his email inbox.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #2,484 of 5,999
Quote:
@mgoodman. Did you fin any idevice to be a good match for the hifi-m8? I know its all 1s &0s but just checking.
-not difference between the 30pin and lightning devices when paired with the hifi-m8 for example.
-also curious about what the next big OS update will bring.

I honestly don''t have a preference for an iDevice. Yes, it's ones and zeros to me :)

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #2,485 of 5,999
Quote:

This is really good news! I have a couple of questions though, I paid October 19th so I would assume I'm within the first batch, possibly even the first 20, but being an international customer (Canada) I had been under the impression ours would be shipped via USPS, if this is not the case and it is shipping via FedEx I would prefer it sent to another address plus I'll have a few other questions and concerns. Who would be the best person to talk to regarding this?

Please contact Stacie. She is handling fulfillment on this one. She really excels when it comes to details like that.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #2,486 of 5,999
Quote:

@mgoodman.

-Can you do a recall on those boxes you posted?

-Would you be able to update the units at Trade Shows?

Yes and yes. We are trying to figure out what to do with the units we shipped. It would make no sense to recall them now, since we don't have anything to offer that's better than what's already there. We would only offer an opportunity to make them better later. So a recall would be warranted whenever we have the upgrade ready.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #2,487 of 5,999
Quote:
I opted to wait for the finished product. News is not so bad. 16/48 now, send it in to get tuned up later, or wait for the firmware updater fix that will allow 24/96 updates in the future. As I said, I'll wait. Not that big a deal, and likely only affects 45 of us. Part of being the beta group, which is really what we signed on for.

Thank you for your incredible patience and understanding!

I'm personally oscillating between "wait" and "send" and my mood changes a couple of times an hour.

- The reason to send is to give you what we have, which is the best we will have for at least a month. And that "best" is pretty darn good, except for lack of 24/96. What's the point of denying that pleasure?
- The reason to wait is to avoid sending things back and forth and dealing with the bad word "recall". But how bad is that word, really? That question has me oscillating back and forth. Need to sleep on it...

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #2,488 of 5,999
Quote:
It seems that the firmware updater cannot handle fixing this bug so we have to send the M8s back to Michael. If later this bug can be fixed by the updater, then i'm willing to take the unit right now and wait for a firmware update over the web. I am not in the US so sending it back to CEntrance would be a hassle for me :frowning2:. Maybe i should wait for the finished product. This news may be the biggest disappointment today for me :frowning2:.

I'm very sorry about your disappointment, Rakan. We are working overtime to solve this.

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #2,490 of 5,999
By the way Michael, highly commended on the full disclosure approach. You're a true gentleman running an honest business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back