The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 5, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #2,417 of 5,999
Quote:
I will probably get the venturecraft lightning cable if i ever go lightning.
Until then its probably easier just to buy a another ipod touch 4G, sonically i doubt theres much difference if any when using via usb with the hifim8.

I'm debating my next iPod Touch choice too.  My spidey senses tell me that higher bit rate support will come with IOS7 and others going forward.  But sadly the 4th gen iPod won't run it.  Apple's refurb center has great deals on the 4th gens, but if Apple does go 24/96, I fear those Touches won't benefit.

Pure speculation though

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2,420 of 5,999
Quote:
can some post a pic of this cable.
I presume it can be used for ipod to M8????
I am interested... can someone PM me the price ...

Sorry for the OT...

If you are interested please PM head-fier QUSP for more details (including price).

It can be used for ipod to Hifi-m8 but may need to be slightly longer. The usb-lod that will come with the Hifi-m8 is good quality though.

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #2,421 of 5,999
Quote:

I think I pick the non lx one. The one with usb. Also 4pin xlr and a regular 1/4

The LX M8 has USB input as well.

Quote:
just a quick question, is there any feature i am missing if i choose to use USB instead of Optical input? I have both output on my PC.

No feature, per se, that I know of.  They're both 24/192 data resolution to the DAC.  S/PDIF is generally touted over the USB port as the better quality digital input data, however, asynchronous or no. Try them both and see which is the preferable sound for you with your setup, assuming that you can discern a difference. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #2,423 of 5,999
Hey Michael...Maybe the battery meter is going to be like the gas gauge on my car?  Took me a while to learn that the when the level is over 50% the gauge drops slower, and when the level is below 50% it drops faster.  I also had a Cadillac at one time that always seemed to be at less than 1/4 tank whenever it got near a gas station.  

Yes, it may be like your Cadillac :wink: We are measuring the discharge profile now, hopefully it will be relatively linear, but I agree, this tweakmanship may be going a bit to far...

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #2,425 of 5,999
tjcheong - thank you for these photos!  They really show the size and scale well.  It is very slightly bigger than I gathered from other shots.  For my use, not an issue at all, in fact kind of welcome, as the cables won't push it around.  It looks to have enough volume and mass to hold its own.  Thank you again - very nice photos!

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #2,430 of 5,999
Definitely waiting for impressions on the final product. If the general opinion is that it SQ is a clear winner/on par with the DACmini I'll be pretty sad cause I just got it. I'll just console myself by saying I need RCA inputs/outputs more than a battery to make it portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back