The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #2,401 of 5,999
I will probably get the venturecraft lightning cable if i ever go lightning.
Until then its probably easier just to buy a another ipod touch 4G, sonically i doubt theres much difference if any when using via usb with the hifim8.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #2,407 of 5,999
Quote:
I love this cable. Short, fitting and nice. Can't the maker make one and sell it to me please? Pm me.

As Saraguie mentioned, just PM him (Qusp) is the best option.

Specify what you will be using it for though, I think the Hifi-m8 demands a few extra mm.

Jul 4, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #2,408 of 5,999
Quote:
As Saraguie mentioned, just PM him (Qusp) is the best option.

Specify what you will be using it for though, I think the Hifi-m8 demands a few extra mm.

Ok thanks, will PM him

I meant to say can the maker instead of can't the maker. type too fast and sorry if I sound rude.

Thanks folks again

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #2,409 of 5,999
Quote:
Understood. We wil make sure it is in good shape. What may happen is the battery meter LEDs (three of them) may still be a little imprecise. That's the internal battle at the moment. They are supposed to show 15%, 50%, 90%.

We are not sure they are spot on those percentages. Fixing them to be more precise could be handled by a subsequent firmware update. Yet I know that nobody wants to perform one unless absolutely necessary.

By the way, our first firmware updater is a Mac utility. Later, we will make one for Windows. We felt that Macs would be more prevalent in this crowd.

I think I pick the non lx one.  The one with usb. Also 4pin xlr and a regular 1/4
Quote:
I'm also going to use my M8 with my MBP, its just not my main source yet.  Mostly because I don't own any high res music.  Most of my listening is still on my Touch.

MBP owners have a unique ability to use any HiFi-M8 because of the optical output of the headphone jack.  I'm curious kokushu, which model did you choose?

At first I was like damn I use windows mainly, but then I am running bootcamp on my MBP so it will just take a restart to get back to Mac OS.  Man hadn't been back to the Apple OS for a while hope everything is okay LOL.

Jul 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #2,410 of 5,999
Great news on the blog, check it guys. The M8s is finally cominggggg. Can't wait anymore 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #2,412 of 5,999
Blog finally shows a release schedule!  First 45 units ship roughly next week (barring anything unforeseen of course), to take care of October / November orders.  My Paypal history shows I paid November 4th!  I am guardedly optimistic to be in the first batch!  (Assuming Michael meant October / November of 2012...)

Of course this first batch comes with the grave and awesome responsibility of helping with final beta testing.... As in "Hey Michael - is is supposed to do this when I do that?  I expect minor to zero glitches though.  The Centrance crew are veterans.

I am so, so ready for this unit.  I can't wait!

I may just get it before I leave for the Down Syndrome Conference in Denver - Leaving July 16.  Any Denver Head-fiers out there?

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #2,415 of 5,999
aamefford - - -

Yes, sir, I am a Denver HeadFi guy.

It looks like I won't be getting mine until August. I look forward to reading your impressions - as I'm certain you'll be posting them
beyersmile.png

The rest of you folks, which balanced headphones out of Audeze 3's, Tesla 1, or Fostex and who should I ask to make balanced?

I won't be carrying the M8 around, just hooking up to MacBook Pro. Plenty of other headphones / amps / DACs to use with iPad 3 and other iDevices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back