The Brise Audio Japan Cable Thread
Nov 11, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #136 of 827
I see... Brise is quite new for me... had tried, but I think is the STD type, was not impress by it...
but when a friend suggest the REF, with previous exp, I was quite pessimistic... but again since in these hobby, u need to tried it first with your pairing then let your ear decide...

I can tell you these is not cheap... and a lot of other cable offered better material structure and also material.. but can't judge by the looks...

IMO, with my pairing, Brise is not that smooth,, I have other cable that even smoother then these... Still quite detail and spark with SOLARIS... but the most important for me, is Mid/Vocal.... it's meeting what I need...

Not sure what you mean by material structure and material, but I find it hard to find any other cable maker pouring so much heart and soul into the materials like Brise.

To me I also won't regard the Ref as the smoothest cable out there - that title more often than not relates to coloured and details-lacking sound reproduction.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #137 of 827
Was trying another 2 type Yatono and upg001ref 8wires final edition.

20191112_163137.jpg
pairing with U18t and DX221mk2.
Yatono, aiming for detail. still puncy yet tight Bass.
UPG001Ref 8wires Final edition, IMO, aiming for stage, The presence of Vocal/mid will have depth, not a bass head cable. here I find High or treble is smooth...
While back to UPG001Ref 4 wire. felt Low and mid getting Thicker, more musical in my ear...
actually I can said, give better weight in Mid...

Just my 5 cents...

Dec 12, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #138 of 827
Dec 19, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #143 of 827
My Hifiman Susvara cabled up by the Brise Audio UPG001HP Ref 8-wire. Surprisingly the Susvara's can be driven by the Cypherlabs Duet!

PC190006.jpeg

Dec 19, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #144 of 827
My Hifiman Susvara cabled up by the Brise Audio UPG001HP Ref 8-wire. Surprisingly the Susvara's can be driven by the Cypherlabs Duet!

It looks like the Alo amp :))
In my memory, the duet is fully blacked. Do you mod it?

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #145 of 827
It looks like the Alo amp :))
In my memory, the duet is fully blacked. Do you mod it?
Way early on, ALO and Cypherlabs had a collaboration and released CLAS/Rx2/Rx3. However subsequently this set is by Cypherlabs only. Both the -dB and the Duet came in all black or all sliver. As I know David Maudlin and asked him if I could have different colour shells of each and built my "Panda" CLAS -dB/Duet combo.

PC190007.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #146 of 827
Way early on, ALO and Cypherlabs had a collaboration and released CLAS/Rx2/Rx3. However subsequently this set is by Cypherlabs only. Both the -dB and the Duet came in all black or all sliver. As I know David Maudlin and asked him if I could have different colour shells of each and built my "Panda" CLAS -dB/Duet combo.

I see I did you order this?
I think that this model has been discontinued a long time ago.
But the mixture of black and white is quite strange haha

Dec 20, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #147 of 827
I see I did you order this?
I think that this model has been discontinued a long time ago.
But the mixture of black and white is quite strange haha
This is going back a long time ago so it’s testing my memory, but I believe I bought the original in black & then I asked Cypher Labs if he’d give me the silver shell/casing/screws/volume knob, which they did.

Jan 14, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #148 of 827
did anyone try the brise oct14 with jhaudio iems, would they be good match with lola and roxanne

Jan 26, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #149 of 827

New partner for my Layla II !!!!!
Hello!!

How was the sound ?? Bass/Mid/Treble I am thinking to match this with my roxanne. I cannot find the review anywhere.... so hopeless.Thanks!

@AnakChan Hi, my country doesn't have Brise distributor so I cannot listen the demo. Have you ever listening to octa14ref ? Is it increase bass ? Thank you

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #150 of 827

Users who are viewing this thread

Back