The blessing has returned and it's only getting better: blessing 3 is up to the game
Apr 14, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #61 of 143
Thanks! I don't think I get the part about the cylindrical shaped nozzle but I'll have to try looking at some pics of both IEMs again to see if it comes clear to me. Do you mean that the nozzle doesn't get as wide towards the base, i.e. it's closer in form to a cylinder instead of a cone (wider at the base, tapering towards the end) loosely speaking. Did I get that right? So the nozzle is ctually thinner for it's entire length, not just the tip? And at it's base the difference in girth versus the nozzle of B2/Variations is even bigger than at the tip. If so, that's great news!

I'd like for it to have a lower profile overall then B2/Variations, but the nozzle size and shape seem to be the most problematic part for getting a decent fit, if not the most secure and comfortable one. So that's a big win in my book already.

And the FR looks very similar to the third iteration of Antdroid's in-ear target curve, which I find to be very natural and overall nice sounding. It's my favorite among all other target curves I'm aware of, and those are plenty. I have very high hopes for this IEM. Cheers!
Yeah that's it! what I mean about the cylindrical nozzle is that the earlier blessing 2, as you can see, has a relatively irregular nozzle,

R-C.5f805e654ffa02c2e632018158ad84e7

While on blessing 3, as you can see, we made the nozzle much more regular and identifiable as a cylinder so the tips are less likely to fall off:
12036274.jpg

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Apr 14, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #62 of 143
20230414_133921.jpg

Quick listen using an A306 today. Good details, mids sounded forward and bass punch is good.

But its not for me unfortunately, sounded flat and lifeless with my test tracks. I'll give it a go again and try it with my other DAPs, maybe its just the synergy 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I'm glad the nozzle is more manageable this time (versus to the nozzle of the Variations)

Apr 14, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #63 of 143

Apr 14, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #65 of 143
@MOONDROP , is there a suggested break in period, for the Blessing 3 to reach it’s full potential or is it good to go, right out of the box ?
Hummm…most of the time a tiny speaker and the internal circuits reaches the stable at around 50hours.
However we are not fans of so called “burn in”, the change is usually very minor, if you don’t like a set of headphones at first hear, you won’t like it after 1000hours.

Apr 14, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #66 of 143
if you don’t like a set of headphones at first hear, you won’t like it after 1000hours.
I don't think that's necessarily true. While the drivers themselves may not change, the brain becomes accustomed to how the earphones sound, and what initially may have sounded wrong, will stop being offensive. I had a hell of a time with IMR Elysium: I absolutely hated it when it arrived. It sounded veiled, muddy, congested, and messy. The only thing I liked about it out of the box was excellent bass. But a few hundred hours later I got so used to the Elysium's sound that it became my most used earphone for months! It couldn't be beat for relaxed listening sessions.

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #67 of 143
I don't think that's necessarily true. While the drivers themselves may not change, the brain becomes accustomed to how the earphones sound, and what initially may have sounded wrong, will stop being offensive. I had a hell of a time with IMR Elysium: I absolutely hated it when it arrived. It sounded veiled, muddy, congested, and messy. The only thing I liked about it out of the box was excellent bass. But a few hundred hours later I got so used to the Elysium's sound that it became my most used earphone for months! It couldn't be beat for relaxed listening sessions.
Exactly, this statement only works when your taste didn't change... some headphone change more than others. burn in works in some extent, and ONLY in some...

Apr 14, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #68 of 143
Apr 14, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #71 of 143
Apr 14, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #72 of 143
Yikes, not for me.

First impression, treble region sounds artificial and overly plasticky.
Technicality aside (considering the price difference), U4s with similar driver composition is much more pleasing, tonally (w/ foam tips).
Blessing 3 reminds me of hybrid chifi from yesteryear. Overhyped HF to make it appear more capable (in terms of resolution).
Doesn't sound coherent or balanced. I was mostly curious about the dual opposing DD, but nothing special there.

Sorry, can't compare with B2/dusk/variations as I have no experience with those sets.

Anyways, this is just my experience based on personal preference.
I'm sure the hype train will continue to gain steam, but this is where I get off.

p.s. I probably won't send this back, but if you're interested in this set, PM me. Otherwise, I'll revisit the B3 at some point.
20230414_151326.jpg

Apr 14, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #73 of 143
My impressions now that I’ve had time to A/B against a few other iems, is that this is a leaner and brighter tuning. Not quite ground breaking at all.

I figured with the added DD drivers they might have been able to create something unique but the tuning here feels like it’s missing something special. The tube from the 2 DD enclosure is thin or at least looks thin which seems like a strange decision.

As an extremely huge fan of the OG Aria, Kato and Variations, I’m still feeling really neutral on this release. I’ll have a review out next week though.

Apr 14, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #74 of 143
Thanks for the early reports and impressions guys, as a Dusk owner I'm very interested. However, whether or not you believe in burn-in, please allow for it. My experience has been that it's definitely a "thing" and, as an engineer, I understand that surfaces smooth out after rubbing against each-other for a while and flexible parts soften as they get used to moving.

I don't want to start a discussion about it as it's been done many times before but do take into account that, for whatever reason, they will sound different after c.50 hours of use.

Apr 15, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #75 of 143
That's not crinacle's unfortunately. That's DF on 5128.
What does that mean? I
I figured with the added DD drivers they might have been able to create something unique but the tuning here feels like it’s missing something special. The tube from the 2 DD enclosure is thin or at least looks thin which seems like a strange decision.
Sometimes I would love to be able to deactivate certain drivers in multiple driver IEMs to be able to hear what they actually do, same goes for all these BCD lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back