The blessing has returned and it's only getting better: blessing 3 is up to the game
Apr 12, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #46 of 143
And with those graphs, I’m out… time to look for cheap used B2 or dusks I guess. Reduction in bass and more treble is about the last thing I’d want - crin’s tuning is usually already anemic sounding, and if this has even less…
711 has no good SPL. Take a look on 5128 bruh.

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #47 of 143
I caved in... Ordered one blind without any reviews.

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #49 of 143
And with those graphs, I’m out… time to look for cheap used B2 or dusks I guess. Reduction in bass and more treble is about the last thing I’d want - crin’s tuning is usually already anemic sounding, and if this has even less…
The Dusk‘s retuning is anything but anemic and that’s what really separates the Dusk from the stock B2: increased bottom end and a solid mid bass presence. I wouldn’t categorize the B2 & the Dusk as being interchangeable.

I have the Dusk and have no interest in the stock Blessing 2.

Apr 12, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #51 of 143
I can also post pics of it with the variations if that helps. I have to use the Spinfit cp145 in order for my variations to fit properly. I also use a different cable with a slightly taller connector to help with fit too.

Thank you, that would be very much appreciated! I've also tried CP145 but they've proved to be a supbar pairing in terms of sound changes, despite providing the best fit I've ever managed to achieve with Variations. Tried CP155, CP500 and W1 as well but to a lesser succes. Very eager to try the Dunu S&S tips, but those are quite problematic to get here were I'm at. W1 are great in terms of what they do to sound (to my taste at least and as far as I can tell with a really subpar fit in my left ear), but they are just a bit too rigid and large at 11 mm for their S size. CP155 are too long and CP500 are just a tiny bit too small at 10 mm and also too long as well, both very nimble. The former are too soft and warm sounding for me and the latter are way too bass light and bright. It may seem that I'm a bit too picky, but none of those provide a manageable fit anyway. To me the stock cable doesn't seem to help with the fit either, but it's pretty bad with regards to ergonomics in general IMO.

Variations share same nozzle width of 6.5mm with blessing 2, blessing 3 features 5.8mm width which is smaller.

Thank you! Has anything changed it terms of the overall shell size, shape of it's inner part and nozzle angle by any chance?

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #52 of 143
Thank you, that would be very much appreciated! I've also tried CP145 but they've proved to be a supbar pairing in terms of sound changes, despite providing the best fit I've ever managed to achieve with Variations. Tried CP155, CP500 and W1 as well but to a lesser succes. Very eager to try the Dunu S&S tips, but those are quite problematic to get here were I'm at. W1 are great in terms of what they do to sound (to my taste at least and as far as I can tell with a really subpar fit in my left ear), but they are just a bit too rigid and large at 11 mm for their S size. CP155 are too long and CP500 are just a tiny bit too small at 10 mm and also too long as well, both very nimble. The former are too soft and warm sounding for me and the latter are way too bass light and bright. It may seem that I'm a bit too picky, but none of those provide a manageable fit anyway. To me the stock cable doesn't seem to help with the fit either, but it's pretty with regards to ergonomics in general IMO.

Thank you! Has anything changed it terms of the overall shell size, shape of it's inner part and nozzle angle by any chance?
Try Moondrop Spring Tips, they saved quite a few IEMs for me.

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #53 of 143
Thank you, that would be very much appreciated! I've also tried CP145 but they've proved to be a supbar pairing in terms of sound changes, despite providing the best fit I've ever managed to achieve with Variations. Tried CP155, CP500 and W1 as well but to a lesser succes. Very eager to try the Dunu S&S tips, but those are quite problematic to get here were I'm at. W1 are great in terms of what they do to sound (to my taste at least and as far as I can tell with a really subpar fit in my left ear), but they are just a bit too rigid and large at 11 mm for their S size. CP155 are too long and CP500 are just a tiny bit too small at 10 mm and also too long as well, both very nimble. The former are too soft and warm sounding for me and the latter are way too bass light and bright. It may seem that I'm a bit too picky, but none of those provide a manageable fit anyway. To me the stock cable doesn't seem to help with the fit either, but it's pretty bad with regards to ergonomics in general IMO.

Well as you can see, along with the nozzle diameter reduction, blessing 3 also had a more even cylindrical shaped nozzle, that kinda reduces the dropped tip events...
The housing itself was slightly tweaked shape but I didn't heard anything about reduced cavity volume, it's been difficult to fit one extra dynamic driver into the game.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Apr 13, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #54 of 143
711 has no good SPL. Take a look on 5128 bruh.
Happy now? Does not look that enticing to me.
FtR6OmYWYAADIlC.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #55 of 143
On top of critically acclaimed blessing 2, we made several additions.
No worries, it's the same blessing you know, only better with better sensitivity, even greater SPL and a new, mirror finished stainless steel faceplate.
On top of that, we reduced the bore diameter from 6.5 to 5.8, make it much friendlier to smaller ears.(sorry we didn't post this earlier!)
And it's the same price as we know it, 319.99USD.PHI_6930(3).jpgBlessing-3_01.jpgBlessing-3_02.jpgBlessing-3_03.jpgBlessing-3_04.jpgBlessing-3_05.jpgBlessing-3_06.jpgBlessing-3_07.jpgBlessing-3_08.jpgBlessing-3_09.jpgBlessing-3_10.jpgBlessing-3_11.jpgBlessing-3_12.jpgBlessing-3_13.jpg
Make a Matte Steel faceplate version please.

Apr 13, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #57 of 143
This is from Crinacle's graph database:

Blessing 3 versus Blessing 2 Dusk:
graph (1).png

Blessing 3 versus Blessing 2 (OG):
graph.png
*Slight rant incoming*

While Moondrop's IEMs are pretty solid (at least the ones I've demoed), I've never understood why their mid bass is so anemic.

I get that everyone has their preferences, but to my ears, it feels like a big chunk of the lower frequencies have been scooped out.
It makes otherwise natural sounding IEMs sound very unnatural.

I had been hoping that Moondrop would mix things up and give the 100hz - 300hz range a slight boost, but oh well.

*Rant over*

Apr 13, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #58 of 143
Well as you can see, along with the nozzle diameter reduction, blessing 3 also had a more even cylindrical shaped nozzle, that kinda reduces the dropped tip events...
The housing itself was slightly tweaked shape but I didn't heard anything about reduced cavity volume, it's been difficult to fit one extra dynamic driver into the game.

Thanks! I don't think I get the part about the cylindrical shaped nozzle but I'll have to try looking at some pics of both IEMs again to see if it comes clear to me. Do you mean that the nozzle doesn't get as wide towards the base, i.e. it's closer in form to a cylinder instead of a cone (wider at the base, tapering towards the end) loosely speaking. Did I get that right? So the nozzle is ctually thinner for it's entire length, not just the tip? And at it's base the difference in girth versus the nozzle of B2/Variations is even bigger than at the tip. If so, that's great news!

I'd like for it to have a lower profile overall then B2/Variations, but the nozzle size and shape seem to be the most problematic part for getting a decent fit, if not the most secure and comfortable one. So that's a big win in my book already.

And the FR looks very similar to the third iteration of Antdroid's in-ear target curve, which I find to be very natural and overall nice sounding. It's my favorite among all other target curves I'm aware of, and those are plenty. I have very high hopes for this IEM. Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back