The blessing has returned and it's only getting better: blessing 3 is up to the game
Jun 7, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #136 of 143
Got my Blessing 3 today and I am using it right now with the RME ADI-2 DAC for first impressions, using stock tips and stock 3.5 mm cable. For starters it is very comfortable. And as for sound, I don't find it lean at all, bass is perfect. But maybe the treble and air is a little more then what I am used to. To be continued.

Edit: sweeping it gives me peaks at 6.0 and 10.5 kHz, kind of matches this.

graph (2).png

Edit 2: from former experiences this is the typical sound that initially impresses with the high resolution and definition, but after a while it causes listening fatigue. Let's see/hear.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #137 of 143
Mine are going back. Sorry, I tried to like you, I really did, but this too lean and bright profile is not for me...

Jun 12, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #138 of 143
Nov 15, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #141 of 143
I tried Spinfit CP100's today for my Blessys. First impression is that I prefer stock tips over those. I think bass received a minor boost but mids and highs got tamed too much to my liking.

Nov 24, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #142 of 143
I don't understand the hate. Blessing 3 sounds great to my ears. Yes, It has somewhat lean mids, but the rest of the sound is nothing but breathtaking. The sub bass here is natural sounding and it is tastefully boosted. Highs are smooth and superbly extended. Imaging is precise. This is a reference sounding iem that at the same time doesn't sacrifice musicality. Kudos to moondrop for creating a benchmark iem at this price again. There is no iem that beats the blessing 3 for the tech at this price .

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #143 of 143
Crossposting my initial impressions:
Blessing 3's came today. I do NOT like them. Uncomfortable. Sibilant. Not very pleasing to listen to. High notes were very fatiguing while listening to a hi-res SACD rip of "Chameleon". I'm not sure if I'm supposed to like earphones that apparently graph well to the Harman curve. I could hear details pretty well (eg cymbals decayed nicely) but they didn't feel good, is what I feel. They may or may not graph well, but the listening experience felt Chinese. :frowning2:

Returning the Moondrop Blessing 3
Will see how the Timeless AE's are when they arrive.

Moondrop Blessing 3 has a FR of 10Hz-30kHz
Westone W80 has a FR of 5Hz-22kHz

Definitely felt like the W80 had better low end and that I could maybe hear more from the high-end in the Moondrop Blessing 3.

The Timeless AE has an FR of 5 Hz – 40 kHz. Shall report back when they arrive next week.

Probably gonna return the W80's as well. Bottom end has better feel but also less detailed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back