The blessing has returned and it's only getting better: blessing 3 is up to the game
Apr 21, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #106 of 143
- The cable is... quite good
I agree - have seen much worse from more expensive IEM’s.

I don’t have any prior versions (or moondrop IEM’s for that matter), but enjoyed my first listen. Didn’t love everything I threw it’s way but overall I found it very good. Vocal clarity is top notch.

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #107 of 143
I agree - have seen much worse from more expensive IEM’s.

I don’t have any prior versions (or moondrop IEM’s for that matter), but enjoyed my first listen. Didn’t love everything I threw it’s way but overall I found it very good. Vocal clarity is top notch.
How's B3 and Mojo 2 pairing?

Apr 23, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #108 of 143
How's B3 and Mojo 2 pairing?
Will let you know in the next few days - just finishing up with some other IEM’s before really getting into these.

Apr 23, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #109 of 143
Will let you know in the next few days - just finishing up with some other IEM’s before really getting into these.
Ok great. Im planning to get a Mojo2 end of this month. The presence of lossless DSP is just what i need for my audio hobby.

Apr 27, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #111 of 143
Oh wow, i received the B3 today and guess what, the polarity of the IEM is most probably reversed. Or my cable is reversed not sure haven't try with other cables.

But hell, please B3 users, take a look on your polarity first before judging this set. Try reverse it and listen.

So after reversing cable's polarity, using Tanchjim TAPB bass eartips, here is my impressions:
1. Bass is next level tactility, it reminds me of Empire Ears Odin bass quality.
2. Mids has huge transparency
3. Vocal note weight is perfect, neither thin nor thick.
4. Treble is good but not crazy good if I compare with my experience, like Gaea etc.
5. Imaging is excellent!
6. Layering and separation are top notch!

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #113 of 143
Just received my unit today and now undergoing burn-in for at least overnight. Took a short listen before leaving it running pink noise, it is indeed a minor refinement over Dusk, so I guess it is understandable that it's priced the same as B2.

The bass is noticeably tighter (maybe a bit too tight) making it lose some of the trailing ends of percussion hits, but the mids become more forward in exchange. About the supposedly improved BAs, I have not listened enough to make any proper impression, but they're pretty solid on the initial listen.

Full review in 2-3 days time.

Apr 28, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #115 of 143
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Apr 28, 2023 at 2:06 PM Post #116 of 143
Yes there is a new dusk, but I don’t have price or ETA yet.

Great news! Maybe there's something that can be done to smooth out the reble without covering it up with a larger/broader bass shelf and deaccentuating other parts of the spectrum as a whole? Easier said than done, I know, but the aforementioned solution seems too crude and, dare I say, slipshod. And rightfully so, as it's just trading one issue for another. Indeed, it's all about compromises and balance when it comes to audio reproduction gear and that will always be the case even with access to "ideal" transducers. But what constitutes a true "Hi-fi" sound is a fine balance not just between, but within each part of the audible spectrum, which may be roughly divided into bass, mids, and highs/treble & "air".

Excuse me my little rant on the issue I'm sure all the parties concerned are very well aware of.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #117 of 143
Here's my additional 2cents:

- The cable is... quite good and compliments the B3. It is lighter and more portable and less microphonic. Previously it was pure copper and now it is some type of silver-plated copper. Apparently work was done to match the impedence exactly to the new Blessing 3... as I ran into difficulty despite having 10+ cables lying around. Most other cables would add mid-bass which makes a little bit of vocals to 'leak' to the isobaric drivers? (This is purely from my ears and I have zero testing equipment to prove anything, hahaha.). So from a pure guessing perspective, the cable helps to keep the iem to sound clean. Cable rolling is not necessarily an upgrade. It's a fun audiophile activity but after an hour of A-Bing I just fell back to the stock. The vocals are central-stage with the stock and the bass is most consolidated.

- You can make your own B3:Dusk by just adding 1-2 dBs to 60-200hz, and maybe -1 db from 3k-8k to take the splash to an acceptable level. I find it is able to take on EQ with grace and the new bass drivers on B3 is more capable than Dusk. The extra control doing solids for bass response. Decay control is actually this version's highlight. I could even put on 5 dB and have a nice moment.

- The annoying thing is I've complained about the treble peaks and they are still here. In Dusk, it was hidden in a bass shelf (consequently making a 'fun' iem). When it is unveiled again this time with B3, I can't help but feel a disagreement with the tuning. IMO, the problem wasn't the bass shelf but rather it was used a solution to cover up trebles. Now in the iem world it's all about balance and sometimes the-least-offensive-wins (in some cases, like the U12T / Dunu SA6 / Andromeda). Those three are very safe and perhaps some would consider way too boring for audiophiles. People have sold their U12Ts citing "the most boring iem I've ever heard". But for some people, that those IEMs win is because it plays through anybody's playlists on random, and without being offensive in the process. If a fun fun showcase of trebles is desired, I think very much that at least an EST is needed. It should sparkle and highlight trebles, but do not overemphasize the high energy hiss and tiss at the 2k-6k regions.

- I do wish to have a version with 4 mids-BA like the S8 and an EST like Variations. But then again, such a product is going to incur much higher cost and the ultimate price will be higher. I agree that B2 / Dusk owners maybe better off waiting for a refresh to S8/Variations.

Now all in all, the B3 is still very nice with the upgrade in resolution and bass.
The cable of blessing 3 was actually SPC/OCC mix, the pure OCC copper was enclosed below the layer of SPC. the SPC layer is the connected to the ground(which is basically the case in single end), while the OCC is connected to positive.
This cable was originally developed for softears IEMs like RS10/Cerberus, but then it was carried to our DD flagship, the illumination. But for some reason my colleagues decided not to get the swappable connector onto blessing 3, probably for aesthetic of cost reasons.
But it's still a good cable, at least it's not going to fall in the "feeling cheap" category like its predecessors this time.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
May 2, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #118 of 143
Is there anyone here tried using Tanchjim TAPB bass eartips on their B3s yet?

May 4, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #119 of 143
Hi all, unfortunately im listing mine. I've decided to part away and getting a higher treble extension set (yes, call me treble head, I main HD800 nevertheless).

So, if anyone interested with my like new (probably not even finished burned in), but much lower price than MSRP, please private message me. It will be first come first serve basis.

May 7, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #120 of 143
Hi all, unfortunately im listing mine. I've decided to part away and getting a higher treble extension set (yes, call me treble head, I main HD800 nevertheless).

So, if anyone interested with my like new (probably not even finished burned in), but much lower price than MSRP, please private message me. It will be first come first serve basis.
Have you managed to narrow down the polarity issue? It seems like a pretty big deal if it was done inside of the iem itself. Should be fairly easy to check the cable, just see if the continuity lines up with the other side and other cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back