The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Apr 16, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #8,971 of 12,546

did you get the 250 or the 600 in the end?

It was always the plan to get the 600 Ohm model. The original question I had was about Manufaktur and whether there was any substance to posts I had read that seemed to claim Manufaktur 880s sounded best. I determined these posts are most likely from the era when the 600 Ohm model was only available through the Manufaktur program. That started the whole debate up again, but I actually wasn't ever considering the 250 or 32 Ohm versions.

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #8,972 of 12,546
Is there any real benefit in choosing forcedly 600 ohm? I mean, 250 version has the same frequency response but is much easier to drive.

I stick to this good article I read some time ago (I think I found it here, in another thread): http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan03/articles/impedanceworkshop.asp

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #8,973 of 12,546
Is there any real benefit in choosing forcedly 600 ohm? I mean, 250 version has the same frequency response but is much easier to drive.

I stick to this good article I read some time ago (I think I found it here, in another thread): http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan03/articles/impedanceworkshop.asp

600ohm is supposedly not the same as the 250. I liked the 600 over the 250 when I had it, but it comes down to wether you're using it for home only or semi portable. In the long run I'd be more comfortable using the 600, plays better with amplifiers and DACs.

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #8,975 of 12,546
600ohm is supposedly not the same as the 250. I liked the 600 over the 250 when I had it, but it comes down to wether you're using it for home only or semi portable. In the long run I'd be more comfortable using the 600, plays better with amplifiers and DACs.

i see. i'm overall happy with my 250. i am waiting to test them with another dac/ampli.

Apr 16, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #8,977 of 12,546
Honestly, this question had been asked countless times on this thread. It must come up twice a week. No one here is going to say anything different or more comprehensive than what has already been regurgitated. It might save everyone time if you do a search.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #8,978 of 12,546

I had both and compared them at length.
There is / was a difference. I kept the 600 Ohm.
The difference was so slight that it took some serious AxB to hear it.
It was all about the highs. They seemed less strident and piercing in the 600. That's it. No big deal, and I was being very picky.

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #8,980 of 12,546
  XipeTotec,
The case I was talking about has arrived and is excellent value.
I'll post the link to the item.. I'm new on here so hope the link is ok if not i'll take it down.

thank you very much dude.
is it good also as a carrying bag? (for example, to carry earphones into an airplane. i travel a lot)

edit: answering all. Aye, my question was just rhetoric. I am reading the whole thread step by step but it is long and I do not have a lot of time eheh. Anyway here you can learn a lot. It is not true that you can't find more infos. Of course it is all about details.

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #8,981 of 12,546

I had both and compared them at length.
There is / was a difference. I kept the 600 Ohm.
The difference was so slight that it took some serious AxB to hear it.
It was all about the highs. They seemed less strident and piercing in the 600. That's it. No big deal, and I was being very picky.

if you weren't picky, theres no point in being part of head-fi.  we want the best!

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #8,982 of 12,546
Guess I'll just have to suffer second-best with my Pro.
frown.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #8,983 of 12,546
Hi everyone.  I just replaced the ear pads in my dt 880 600ohm using the instructions in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2F4XUx36bQ.  I noticed that my pair has circular black pads that are stuck directly to the drivers, underneath the pads that you replace but the headphones in this video don't seem to have those at all.  Anyone know what's up with that?  Also, I found that my left side driver didn't seem to be secured by anything, and would fall out readily.  These headphones have had a rattle in the left channel at a certain frequency and now I'm realizing that it could have been the driver itself rattling inside of the housing.  Does this seem plausible, and how are the drivers supposed to be secured?  Thanks for any information!

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #8,984 of 12,546
  ...it could have been the driver itself rattling inside of the housing.  Does this seem plausible, and how are the drivers supposed to be secured?

That definitely sounds plausible. I've haven't taken a look inside the DT880 yet, but I just opened up my DT770 and the drivers are held in by three plastic clips that are evenly spaced around the circumference of the piece that holds the driver. Beyer then puts a dollop of glue over the clips to insure a secure hold. I hope that helps at least some...

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #8,985 of 12,546
I just got the dt880 pro 250 and was wondering if anyone has paired it with an otl amp? I see a lot of talk about the 600 ohm and otls but not the 250. I have a little dot 1+ and was thinking about picking up an Mkiii or mkiv since I already have the drivers for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back