The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Dec 27, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #6,001 of 12,546
  I really wanna try this headphone

I think you'd really enjoy it. I've listened to the LCD-3 at a meet before and they really are quite resolving and a pleasure to listen to. I think the DT880 is just a different flavor of sound that lacks some of the speed and attack of a planar magnetic headphones bass with a slightly greater emphasis on upper mids and highs that I think are presented more than the darker sounding LCD-3.

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #6,005 of 12,546
Hey I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard the DT880 paired with the Asgard 2. Any opinions? I feel like the Asgard 2 is a warm sounding headphone amp and lends the DT880 plenty of bass even when the EQ is flat.

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #6,007 of 12,546
can you please compare them to your 880's
Quick comparison is : I find them to be very different. A lot of fun with a lot of bass slam. And there's actually some nice treble. It's smooth and laid back with a little bit of sparkle. The mids feel recessed probably due to the emphasis on the bass and treble. Male vocals can seem far away while it doesn't effect the female vocals as much. Soundstage is pretty good for a closed back. It isn't as wide but it is surprisingly deep. New toy syndrome so it's mostly listening to the m100s and going off of my current memory of the dt880s. I can try to do a more thorough direct comparison if any one wants one otherwise, I'll just enjoy the music; which we all should be doing. :)

Dec 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #6,009 of 12,546
i got the dt880 pros and it came with a nylon bag.

paired it with the M&M schiit - great sound - maybe a little bit treble heavy but it could be my ears but that really lends to clarity.

The M&M stack is crystal clear - no hiss or anything - i really like them. i haven't stopped listening to them since i got them last week.

i cannot get them to go past 9 on the volume dial - it can get loud quickly.

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #6,012 of 12,546
I've yanked mine accidentally a fair few times and it's held up. It can always be repaired/replaced if sent to somebody who knows what they're doing, and I think the DT880 is worth the expense if you do end up having to do this.

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #6,013 of 12,546
Boo Yeah!
The GMP's and their Velour pads have landed!

I'll be busy with the GMP's for a while!
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #6,014 of 12,546
  Anyone have experiences with their DT880's breaking? Specifically the cable? I'm paranoid about it :/

3 years old soon here, fell on the floor multiple times (hate myself when I let that happen though) etc and still not a sweat. The cable is still flawless as is the rest. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back