The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Dec 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #5,973 of 12,546
Dec 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #5,978 of 12,546
Do the Pros come with a case? Maybe the Amazon description says they do (and maybe they do--I have the 250 ohm Premium so I couldn't say for sure), but they probably did a lot of copy and pasting for the 2,389 different versions of the DT880, so maybe they erroneously copied the bit about the case over from the Premium product listings.

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #5,979 of 12,546
I bought the 250 Ohm Pros from Amazon 3 or 4 months ago.  They came in a case inside a box and were in pristine condition.  I would let Amazon know, in my experience they have always been great with returns.

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #5,980 of 12,546
  Do the Pros come with a case? Maybe the Amazon description says they do (and maybe they do--I have the 250 ohm Premium so I couldn't say for sure), but they probably did a lot of copy and pasting for the 2,389 different versions of the DT880, so maybe they erroneously copied the bit about the case over from the Premium product listings.

You could return it and buy mine. It has a case, box, manuals plus the savings. :)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/694581/fs-beyerdynamic-dt880-pro-250ohm-semi-open-full-hp-w-accessories-box-and-manual-great-condition-1st-owner

But yes, it's supposed to come with a soft case with padding.

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #5,981 of 12,546

You could return it and buy mine. It has a case, box, manuals plus the savings. :)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/694581/fs-beyerdynamic-dt880-pro-250ohm-semi-open-full-hp-w-accessories-box-and-manual-great-condition-1st-owner

But yes, it's supposed to come with a soft case with padding.

I think I'm a bit outside my return window, if I had reason to. I bought my DT880 in 2010. I did get the case, but of course I have the Premium version, so it would have been wrong for sure if it hadn't come with the case (it would have been loose in the box, which at that time actually used to have a cutout near the bottom right corner, so stuff could have gotten in or fallen out). I got mine from HeadRoom, incidentally.

I was just wondering if the Pro was supposed to have the case, since I don't have that version. Maybe they stopped offering it recently, in order to bring down the cost or else better differentiate from/justify the cost of the Premium version versus the Pro. If so, then some Pros might come with the case (older stock) and others might not. I wish companies would be more upfront about this kind of thing, even though I understand why they wouldn't be too eager to announce that they were taking an accessory away.

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #5,984 of 12,546
Everyday I swear I listen to a song and it reminds me just how truly world-class these headphones are. For $246 + tax and free shipping these were the greatest investment I have ever made in the audio world. This is coming from owning an M-audio bx8d2's and a 12 inch 250rms 1000 watt subwoofer. I hear details I would never notice through my speaker monitors. Getting this level of performance out of speakers would cost a great deal more.

I'm listening to I Can't Quit You Baby by Led Zeppelin in FLAC. I advise you all to hear this so we can share awe and amazement together :D

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #5,985 of 12,546
  Yeah, mine came with a small Beyerdynamic cardboard box that goes up at an angel. The headphones went on and their cable going into it.

^ From ProAudioStars (An authorized dealer).

Yup same here. Came with a carrying bag though...

Also, I've emailed Beyer and they said that new Pros and Premiums should come with a case so I don't think they change anything. Maybe just this specific batch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back