The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Dec 28, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #10,487 of 12,548
oh wait.. are you talking about the ear pads or the headband cushion?

the ear pads are easy ... the headband ...ummm.... yeah.. I'm not sure..

I **think this would work ..but I would check with beyer before ordering on my say so...

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts/kopfpolster-edition-echtleder.html

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #10,488 of 12,548
Iswear I saw a video on pad change headband change on premium on youtube b4 biting on a premium 880.250as I was worried about those ugly metal things. But I was curious both pro n premium diffs. Love coiled cable.

Dec 31, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #10,489 of 12,548
I must have 150 hours on my DT880 Premium 250 Ohm by now. This headphone really is awesome for the money. It is just so much more balanced than the DT770 250 Ohm I owned a couple years ago. After listening for several hours, I am certainly beyond the honeymoon phase. With that said, I have discovered the perfect EQ set for me, all while keeping the analytical sound signature I like completely intact. Using Equalizer APO, I am now using the following EQ set.

35Hz = + 0.5
50Hz = + 0.5
65Hz = + 0.5
80Hz = + 0.5
8kHz = - 0.5
9kHz = - 0.5

With this EQ, it just bumps up the bass impact and punch to kick drums just a touch. This results in it not affecting the midrange at all. It just fills out the low end just a tad. With the slight reduction at 8k and 9k , the presence region is reduced just a hair. It still maintains the original detail level, but takes away that extra splash on certain tracks. The EQ adjustments in this set are so small, but it makes quite the difference in overall sound. Once again, this is a great pair of headphones. Anyone looking to just make a slight EQ adjustment to improve the sound should give this EQ set a try. I think you will like it.

Edit: I just updated my EQ set again to the values above. This is even better than what I suggested before. That additional small bump added to 35Hz for sub bass impact makes it even more enjoyable. Give this a try. These are tiny EQ changes, but they completely improve the sound of the headphone.

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #10,490 of 12,548
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Recently I had received some dt880 pro 250ohm and I have paired them with a FiiO e12 running from my phone or computer. I don't know whether I am doing anything wrong but when I turn the amp to more than two-thirds of the volume, it creates terrible distortion which gets even worse when the bass boost function is active. Any suggests of what to do or what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. 

L3000.gif

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #10,493 of 12,548
  Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Recently I had received some dt880 pro 250ohm and I have paired them with a FiiO e12 running from my phone or computer. I don't know whether I am doing anything wrong but when I turn the amp to more than two-thirds of the volume, it creates terrible distortion which gets even worse when the bass boost function is active. Any suggests of what to do or what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. 

L3000.gif

I feel like something is wrong.. I don't have a E12 but I do have a E11 and I just tried it and I have no distortion w/ my DT880 Premiums 250Ohms...    maybe try a different cable (3.5mm from device to amp) / and or make sure cable is well seated..  try different headphones also..

Jan 2, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #10,494 of 12,548

L3000.gif

I have no problem with my DT880's and the E12.

What gain setting on the E12, 0db or 16db? Are you using a headphone out from your sources or a line out?

Jan 2, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #10,495 of 12,548
Thanks for your help everyone. 

1 - Its on high gain 
2 - The only other pair of headphones i own are the ATH-M50s and they work just fine
3 - The amp is plugged into the 3.5mm headphone jack
4 - bassless songs work ok-ish but any moderate levels do cause distortion

thanks once again

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #10,496 of 12,548
  Thanks for your help everyone. 

1 - Its on high gain 
2 - The only other pair of headphones i own are the ATH-M50s and they work just fine
3 - The amp is plugged into the 3.5mm headphone jack
4 - bassless songs work ok-ish but any moderate levels do cause distortion

thanks once again

Wow, high gain and running at 75% output power on the E12 might have caused a problem with your DT880's drivers. The specified maximum input power of the DT880's is 100mw vs the 1600mW of the ATH50's.

You will need to try the DT880's with a totally different setup and see if they still distort.

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #10,498 of 12,548
Nice, I hadn't thought of making my 880s balanced with detachable cables. I wonder what the separation difference and extra power does for them.

Thanks!

I disliked the stock coiled cable so I made them detachable. I did the same conversion to my T50RP'
s and GMP 8.300D's. I also like an analog volume control and the E12 fits that bill quite nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back