The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion and comparison" Thread
Jan 9, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #61 of 110
opps...JBL it is. sorry for my confusion :p

i meant that's the 2nd Creative BT i owned ...the first was Aurvana Gold.
toomuchwhisky. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #62 of 110
  opps...JBL it is. sorry for my confusion :p

i meant that's the 2nd Creative BT i owned ...the first was Aurvana Gold.
toomuchwhisky. 

Well, when the effects of the whisky are gone, would you consider posting a comparison of all the BT Headphones you've tried in my other thread?
It would be very useful :wink:

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #63 of 110
I only had about a hundred bucks to spend on some Bluetooth headphones and it had to be from Amazon. On the strength of the posts in this thread I've ordered a refurb pair of the Sony MDR-ZX770BN/B. I hope I like 'em! Most of my listening is through a pair of Westone UM-Pro 20's. I have sampled Harman Kardon BT. Sounded good but didn't like the proprietary cable and the fact that the slightest touch or tap was amplified heavily through them.

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #64 of 110
I only had about a hundred bucks to spend on some Bluetooth headphones and it had to be from Amazon. On the strength of the posts in this thread I've ordered a refurb pair of the Sony MDR-ZX770BN/B. I hope I like 'em! Most of my listening is through a pair of Westone UM-Pro 20's. I have sampled Harman Kardon BT. Sounded good but didn't like the proprietary cable and the fact that the slightest touch or tap was amplified heavily through them.

Ok, I got a free pair of the Harman's because Amazon screwed up so I canceled the Sony order.. for free I can live without the noise-canceling.  
atsmile.gif

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #65 of 110
They sound very good. Better than all Sony I had tried, so probably better than the ones you wanted to buy.
You can still buy the coming soon MDR-1000ABN when it will be available. I think it will not be expensive, but, no idea.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #66 of 110
Like many, looking for something that is travel ready and sounds good.  I am replacing a pair of ATH-ANC7B.  I thought those provided decent noise-cancelling, but to be fair that was my first ever pair of ANC headphones.  I never thought the sound was amazing, but ok enough for movies on planes.  Now I would like a little better audio quality to go with ANC.  My next trip has about 48 hours worth of flight time so I'm thinking that I'll want a fresh pair of ANC headphones.  I've procrastinated enough that I don't have time to try audition anything.  I'll buy it and use it.  Maybe there will be a President's Day sale, but not worried.  I can spend anywhere from $100-500.  Would prefer to be in the middle and probably most things will be better than my old pair.      

I was set to get the Bose QC25, but now thinking maybe I can give away some of the noise tech for better sound and better build quality.  Definitive Tech Symp 1 caught my eye, but whatever I get needs to fit in my backpack.  I'm now thinking about the Senn Momentum 2.0.  I never even thought of using my ANC7B at work, but if I plump down the change for the 2.0 then I'm guessing I will be happy enough with it to use it everywhere.   I don't think anybody has mentioned ATH-ANC9 in this thread.  The Denon doesn't interest me because of the noise leakage.  

I'll probably just wait it out one more day then go for the QC25, Momentum 2.0, or ATH-ANC9.  Really just depends on whether I am buying something purely for travel or do I want something that I can use for travel + work.  Through out some other suggestions that would top my ATH-ANC7B.  Spending way too much time thinking about the options :)

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #67 of 110
Spending way too much time thinking about the options :)

tht's why I always say, buy many, compare, choose one, send back the others.

Sorry, not an expert in ANC, I have started this thread for people. The Senny anyway are wonderful, I can only suggest them.
The Parrot are also very very good.
Which kind of work?
And what will u use as source?

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #68 of 110
Drug resistance studies in India.  I probably will be bringing just my iPhone 6.  Tend to travel light.  I'm also thinking the Senny will be the safe choice with high re-sale.  Will report back in mid-March how they worked out.  If not for the long flights I would go with noise-isolating rather than noise-canceling.

Quote:
  tht's why I always say, buy many, compare, choose one, send back the others.

Sorry, not an expert in ANC, I have started this thread for people. The Senny anyway are wonderful, I can only suggest them.
The Parrot are also very very good.
Which kind of work?
And what will u use as source?

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #69 of 110
What do you mean with re-sale? That it is easier to sell them if you do not like them?

I mush prefer the sound of the Senny but the Parrot are very good too and depending on what you listen my be even better, and you can configure them (surround, EQ, and different kind of ANC).
On flights you can use them wired and still have ANC (although not the other effects). I mean, you can always use them wired, but I said on flights because you are sit and the wire is not a problem.
I did not read any direct comparison of the two. I have the impression that somebody wrote that the Parrot have better ANC. Not sure though.

Are you allowed to use BT on flights? If not, you should ask around (probably in the thread of the Senny) if they keep ANC when wired.

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #70 of 110
You are allowed to use BT on flights. Def get some that can also be used wired though. I use my HK BT Premiums wired when I don't need wireless because the sound is noticeably better (of course).

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #72 of 110
If I end up not liking them or using them as much because of reduced travel for work then I'd probably sell them.  For something that costs a $100 I have no problem storing them away, but for $500 hopefully I'd use them in between trips.  

I still have a day or so of reading before I need to invoke next day shipping.  I don't know much about Parrot.  Will look into it.  Guess the search is not over.... 

I am primarily a listener of jazz (trios/male-/female vocals), folk, reggae, and then a mix of everything else.

Quote:
  What do you mean with re-sale? That it is easier to sell them if you do not like them?

I mush prefer the sound of the Senny but the Parrot are very good too and depending on what you listen my be even better, and you can configure them (surround, EQ, and different kind of ANC).
On flights you can use them wired and still have ANC (although not the other effects). I mean, you can always use them wired, but I said on flights because you are sit and the wire is not a problem.
I did not read any direct comparison of the two. I have the impression that somebody wrote that the Parrot have better ANC. Not sure though.

Are you allowed to use BT on flights? If not, you should ask around (probably in the thread of the Senny) if they keep ANC when wired.

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #73 of 110
The Senny is more soft and refined in its sound.
The Parrot more direct.
The Senny has got more rolled off highs and more (soft) warmth. Its bass is more rumbling of a more loose rumble.
The Parrot is more punchy and has a tighter rumble.
I would prefer the Senny apart for the metal percussions (hihat etc) in jazz which would not be missing but would not be in glorious detail there.

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #74 of 110
I just looked at images of the Parrot Zik 2.0.  Based on your description, I would like the look of the Senny but the sound of the Parrot.  Such is life....

Quote:
  The Senny is more soft and refined in its sound.
The Parrot more direct.
The Senny has got more rolled off highs and more (soft) warmth. Its bass is more rumbling of a more loose rumble.
The Parrot is more punchy and has a tighter rumble.
I would prefer the Senny apart for the metal percussions (hihat etc) in jazz which would not be missing but would not be in glorious detail there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back