The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion and comparison" Thread
Oct 31, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #47 of 110
The answer is probably battery life, but I certainly share in your frustration.

So I ended up returning the 770s and picking up the QC25 along with ordering btunes online to convert it into a Bluetooth headset. It will look dorky but will achieve what I want.

If Bose releases a Bluetooth version of the QC I will be first in line (ouch my wallet :frowning2:)

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #49 of 110
Parrot haven't even finished removing the bugs from 1&2, they won't fool me again.

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #50 of 110
Silly question, but do any of these BT noise canceling headphones (with a mic) work on an Xbox one? I travel a lot and in the market for noise canceling headphones. I just received an Xbox one for Christmas and thought about buying a headset for it. I figured I can kill two birds with one stone and get a headset that can work for both. Thanks. 

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #51 of 110
CREATIVE OUTLIER

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones-Integrated/dp/B016VOOVOY

had this for a christmas present, short impression :

bassy and bass bleeds into the mids, lotsa resonance..gets worse if the rubber ring is taken off...
( but it is advertised as bigger bass or what...zzz)  
mids are not recessed nor in your face...
treble is not rolled off..quite clear.
bluetooth isnt great, gets intermittent transmission once i get into the kitchen or bathroom...
past one or two corners , from my fone. 

what i did..

this felt spacers mod helped to a certain degree, that i think it would be good for MOVIEs..
or u can listen to music with a bass emphasis. ..but some degree of resonance is still there...
i cant open it up to dampen it, some funny looking screws i dun wanna mess with :p

i also used the silverplated cable from Vmoda to help out a little.

overall....ermmm...i wont recommend this portable BT unless there is a major price plunge..
sorry Creative...this is my 2nd BT and it isnt impressive, somehow.  sigh.

PS...but if u like big bloomy bass...by all means a GREAT Can :)

Jan 7, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #52 of 110
Hi all,
I've lurked this particular thread for quite a while. I've been on this epic search for the best sounding, over ear, bluetooth ANC headphones in the past year and a half.  The search continues...But I thought I would post my findings here.

So, I travel a lot for work and am on a plane either every week or every other week.  With that said, for those that travel a lot like me, I don't have to tell you that after a long day of working and then having to travel, the last thing you want to hear is the rest of the world, screaming babies, people yelling at the airline staff, jet engines, etc. With that said, that means I want basically no wires, great sound, and ANC to be able to block out the world along with the best "travel-worthy" (fold-able, lightweight) form I can get.

I've owned ALL of the units below, just about all of them have been mentioned on this thread.  Of course my review of each one is subjective and other people's mileage may have varied on a particular category here or there, but I believe the below to be a fair comparison.

At this stage, the winner by far is the Sennheiser, however, I still feel it isn't the perfect unit...

Also, my listening experience is with Android & Windows and all my listening/sound reviews are based on wireless listening.  I've done no listening in a wired state.  All 4 models below have both wired/wireless capability.

If you have any questions let me know.  Hope you appreciate this comparison and it helps your buying decision.

Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2.0
Folds for travel    YES
Bulky            NO
Lightweight to carry    YES
Lightweight on head    YES
Soft Earcups        ++++
Long Wearing Comfort    +++++
Sound            +++++
Bass            +++
Comes with hard case    YES
Comes with pouch    NO
Noise Cancelling    +++++
Prevents Sound Leakage    ++++
Cost            $500 US
Battery            ~22+ hrs
Call Quality        ++++
Touch Gestures NO
Noise Cancel Can Turn Off NO

Samsung Level Over
Folds for travel    NO
Bulky            YES
Lightweight to carry    NO
Lightweight on head    NO
Soft Earcups        +++++
Long Wearing Comfort    ++++
Sound            ++++
Bass            ++++
Comes with pouch    NO
Noise Cancelling    ++++
Prevents Sound Leakage    ++++
Cost            $350 US
Battery            ~20+ hrs
Call Quality         +++++
Touch Gestures YES
Noise Cancel Can Turn Off YES

Denon AHGC20 Globe Cruiser
Folds for travel    YES
Bulky             NO
Lightweight to carry    YES
Lightweight on head    YES
Soft Earcups        ++++
Long Wearing Comfort    +++++
Sound            +++
Bass            ++++
Comes with pouch    NO
Noise Cancelling    ++++
Prevents Sound Leakage    TERRIBLE
Cost            $399
Call Quality        +++
Touch Gestures NO

Plantronics BackBeat Pro
Folds for travel    CUPS TURN IN ONLY
Bulky           YES
Lightweight to carry    NO
Lightweight on head    NO
Soft Earcups        +++++
Long Wearing Comfort    ++++
Sound            ++++
Bass            ++++
Comes with hard case    NO
Comes with pouch    YES
Noise Cancelling    ++
Prevents Sound Leakage    +++++
Cost            $$$ ($189)
Call Quality        ++++
Touch Gestures NO

Final notes...
Sennheiser - Expensive but best all around, plus has USB listening capability
Plantronics - Great sound, cheap as compared to other units here, but my unit has infrequent noise cancelling (buggy) issues, customer support @ Plantronics ignored me
Samsung - These get beat up sometimes by other reviewers, but I thought they sounded great.  Just heavy and bulky and don't fold.
Denon - Holy crap the sound leakage on these were SO BAD.  My wife could hear every note 25 feet away from me.  I returned them after 2 weeks.  

Other units I considered....
I really wanted to go the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless route.  Seemed like such a cool set of HPs and the customizable plates were also incredibly cool.  But, for me, without ANC, I could not pull the trigger.  Note to V-Moda...come out with an ANC version of the Crossfade Wireless and I am there!

Zik 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Almost pulled trigger on the Zik 2.0's but then I saw the earcup disaster on the Zik forums.   Thought about the new Zik 3's but what killed buying that for me was the app controls these headphones but only works on Android/IOS, so how do I control listening on Windows?  Yeah, you don't.  And further, they don't fold, and with only 6 hrs of battery life, I wanted no part of multiple rechargings over and over.

Noisehush i9BT
Almost bought these but the low cost scared me away.  They may be really good. Dunno. Would be interested to hear others that own this one.  I don't think this unit has been talked about on this thread much.

PSB M4U2
Tried these on at Best Buy, they sounded fine, but ultimately reminded me of the the Samsung Level Overs when on my head.  Heavy, bulky, thick, etc.  I like sleeping on the plane so anything bulky on my head interferes with leaning up against the side fo the plane with my headphones on.  

Definitive Technology Symphony 1
A lot of reviews also called this bulky to wear.  Again, trying to stay away from heavy, bulky, etc.  So I didn't buy/try these.  But they were in consideration for a while.

Thanks!
Chris

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #53 of 110
Originally Posted by ctaylor1016 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Zik 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Almost pulled trigger on the Zik 2.0's but then I saw the earcup disaster on the Zik forums.   Thought about the new Zik 3's but what killed buying that for me was the app controls these headphones but only works on Android/IOS, so how do I control listening on Windows?  Yeah, you don't.  And further, they don't fold, and with only 6 hrs of battery life, I wanted no part of multiple rechargings over and over.

Definitive Technology Symphony 1
A lot of reviews also called this bulky to wear.  Again, trying to stay away from heavy, bulky, etc.  So I didn't buy/try these.  But they were in consideration for a while.

Nice comparison, thanks!

As you may have read, I have no real interest for ANC, I have created this Thread just for you all, so that it could be easier to find what you want than in my other thread.
But I wanted to say that I have lately tried the Zik2. You find them in the List in the first post of my other thread, linked to their comparison with the XTZ Headphone Divine.
They are good. And although it is true that you can only change settings of the DSP through the App (which is not available in Windows), it is also true that the setting are stored inside the Headphones, because the DSP is internal. The app does not process the signal, it only is a graphic/control interface.
This means, once you have done your settings, you can enjoy them in Windows too.
And, yes, it kind of still sucks a bit, but you do not really turn ANC and Spatial Effects on and off all the time, don't you?
And about the EQ, it is ok, you do not really need to change EQ with the App all the time. I mostly use their EQ just to adjust their signature to my ears, and give them the overall sound I want always as a base no matter what I listen to. So that I never have to change EQ setting in the App. When then I need more bass or highs in windows I do it with Foobar (any real lover of bass must have foobar and the plugin "Real Bass Exciter", as also the "Graphic Equalizer").
But, if you like the smooth, refined, elegant sound of the M2AEBT, forget the Zik. They sound very good, but do not have that WOW of the Momentum.
Their bass is anyway better. Cleaner, and punchier.

About the Symphony you may want to ask @n00b2, as he tried both those and the M2AEBT and ended preferring the Symphony.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #54 of 110
  Silly question, but do any of these BT noise canceling headphones (with a mic) work on an Xbox one? I travel a lot and in the market for noise canceling headphones. I just received an Xbox one for Christmas and thought about buying a headset for it. I figured I can kill two birds with one stone and get a headset that can work for both. Thanks. 

Other people may give you an answer based on their real experience (I do not play games).

In theory the biggest question here is: how will you connect the headphones to the xbox? if the xbox has got bt, you should see if their bt support the headset/handsfree profile, otherwise you will not be able to use the mic on your headphone. Headphones use two different profles to receive music/audio and send audio. Both profiles must be supported.

More interesting would be to know if the eventual bt chip of the xbox support the aptx codec or not, and which aptx, if the low latency or not.
the low latency aptx would give you no delay in audio/video when used with a low latency aptx headphone (like the Denon and Plantronics and maybe Beoplay H8 too).

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #55 of 110
i would urge u guys to give the symphony1 a listen when u get the chance. 

Jan 8, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #56 of 110
i would urge u guys to give the symphony1 a listen when u get the chance. 
I'm working on that.
When so many people used to high end audio talk well of a bt headphone, I can't resist the desire to know how they sound and how high in my list they'll get.
Which bt headphones did you try?

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #57 of 110
ermmm....H8, S1, BackbeatPro...JVCs, JBL and a few nondescripts :)
On sound alone, i would pick the Symphony 1

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #58 of 110
Lorspeaker, s1 would be symphony 1 or pendulumic stance s1?
Which of the jvc?
And what about the creative you've written it's your second bt (I'm seeing now)?

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #59 of 110
S1 = pendalumic...v comfy on the head, has a warm bodacious sound..
soundstage is not huge or cavernous like the Symphony1.
bass punch is slightly rounded off...

JVC JBL= E40BT, (and the bigger bro. E50 v briefly). E40Bt clamps firm on the head, v upfront sound. 
Quite punchy dancefloor sounding.

That creative  cant even keep the signal going after a right angle turn into another room, 
i have to make sure my fone is in the line of sight to ensure the youtube keeps streaming ;P

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #60 of 110
Oh, I see, you meant JBL.
But thanks, you've involuntarily made me know some new headphones. Apparently there really are a few from JVC now.

Anyway I'm confused, 10 days ago you wrote that you had only tried 2 BT headphones, with the creative being the second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back