The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion and comparison" Thread
Jul 30, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #31 of 110

Good feedback @andrenb. What exactly are you looking for in the newer models you are trying since you seem to be pretty happy with the Zik apart from battery life?

I'm looking for mainly two things, one is better battery life as you mentioned and the other better sound quality when used in passive mode with the cable. The battery usually won't last for my commute + workday as the battery usually dies after approximately 6 hours so I have to charge it in the middle of the day if I want to avoid using it in passive mode on the way home. The other thing is that I find it barely tolerable when listening in passive mode, of course it's better with a little bit of sound when the battery dies than no sound at all, but I really can't enjoy it in that mode.

The Sennheiser Momentum Wireless AE would be my absolute favorite if it wasn't for the bluetooth trouble and problematic microphone quality on calls. Excellent battery life and good sound quality even in passive mode, and good enough ANC in my opinion. Another favorite is the B&W P5 Wireless with it's great size, sound quality in both active and passive mode and good battery life. But it lacks ANC which I just can't live without.

Fair enough. There's not a lot left to check out really. The Denon is a decent option that seems to be hard to find. So is the Definitive Technology Symphony 1 though that is a bit large and just as hard to find (unless you are into importing from Amazon US).

There is also the Momentum Wireless on ear and Sennheiser Urbanite Wireless which don't seem to have the same bluetooth complaints as the Momentum Wireless over ear. Probably not as good sound quality but could be worth a look.

Jul 30, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #32 of 110

Fair enough. There's not a lot left to check out really. The Denon is a decent option that seems to be hard to find. So is the Definitive Technology Symphony 1 though that is a bit large and just as hard to find (unless you are into importing from Amazon US).

There is also the Momentum Wireless on ear and Sennheiser Urbanite Wireless which don't seem to have the same bluetooth complaints as the Momentum Wireless over ear. Probably not as good sound quality but could be worth a look.

I bought the Denon a few days ago when it came in stock at a local store, but I'm still on the fence about if I'll keep them or not. I've posted my opinions in these two posts in the general thread for the Denon's:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760389/denon-ah-gc20-headphone-discussion-thread/120#post_11791721
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760389/denon-ah-gc20-headphone-discussion-thread/135#post_11798460

I've tried the Sennheiser Urbanite Wireless but they don't have ANC while the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless OE are out of stock in my country. I prefer to buy locally or at least an online store which is based in Norway where I live.

Jul 30, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #33 of 110
I bought the Denon a few days ago when it came in stock at a local store, but I'm still on the fence about if I'll keep them or not. I've posted my opinions in these two posts in the general thread for the Denon's:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760389/denon-ah-gc20-headphone-discussion-thread/120#post_11791721
http://www.head-fi.org/t/760389/denon-ah-gc20-headphone-discussion-thread/135#post_11798460

I've tried the Sennheiser Urbanite Wireless but they don't have ANC while the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless OE are out of stock in my country. I prefer to buy locally or at least an online store which is based in Norway where I live.

Fair enough. I gues the only thing left for you now is to wait for the Momentum OE to come back in stock and give them a go, or wait for the Momentum AE to come back with the bluetooth issues fixed (which seems to be taking a really long time to do). Or wait until someone else releases new models. The only other ones I can think of the are Backbeat Pro which you said you are reluctant to try out and the previously mentioned Symphony 1 which I would be surprised if it is available in Norway.

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #34 of 110
Have anyone tried the Samsung Level On Wireless? The few reviews I've found on the net and YouTube seem positive if you want a portable headset with decent ANC and an on ear design.

Edit: I was so curious about them I just ordered a pair of black ones online as no store in my city seemed to have them in stock. Will post my findings in a few days after they arrive. :)

Aug 6, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #35 of 110
So I recieved the Samsung Level On Wireless yesterday and I'm not really impressed. They feel quite cheap, I've not had a headset make so much creak & squeak noises when walking around with them on my head. This is maybe just my set though as other reviews I've read say they have an okay build quality.

The noise cancelling is decent for low frequencies but as they are on ear the don't isolate much from voices etc and the ANC don't do a good job at cancelling out the mid and higher frequencies compared to the Bose QE25, Parrot Zik 2.0 and so on. 

The sound quality is okay, but not great. Considering the price they could do a lot worse though and using the Samsung Level app (Android only) I could EQ them more to my taste. The mid- and high range sound a bit muffled while the low's sound decent with a bit of punch in the bass. The sound is better with ANC on when using bluetooth and it's okay in wired mode also. 

I can already say that these will go back to the store.

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #36 of 110
Has anyone tried out Diskin Premium Bluetooth Wireless Headphones?
http://www.amazon.com/Diskin-Bluetooth-Headphones-Microphone-Cancelling/dp/B00TDF5FIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439213272&sr=8-1&keywords=Diskin

If not, then I just order it yesterday, so I will be getting it on Tuesday.
Looks pretty good for its price and specs. :p
Sadly, nobody is reviewing it on YouTube which it was surprising.

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #37 of 110
I just love trying new headphones with BT & ANC and discovered that there is a local online retailer stocking the Definitive Technology Symphony 1. So I just put in an order and they'll ship tomorrow.

I'm really looking forward to trying these, they seem to have good battery life with great sound quality and one of the better when it comes to ANC. The only downside is the size, but I'll live with that if they are on par or better than my Zik 2.0's in the sound, ANC and battery department :)

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #38 of 110
I just love trying new headphones with BT & ANC and discovered that there is a local online retailer stocking the Definitive Technology Symphony 1. So I just put in an order and they'll ship tomorrow.

I'm really looking forward to trying these, they seem to have good battery life with great sound quality and one of the better when it comes to ANC. The only downside is the size, but I'll live with that if they are on par or better than my Zik 2.0's in the sound, ANC and battery department
smily_headphones1.gif

Let us know what you think of them when they arrive. They definitely have a longer battery life and sound quality is amazing for bluetooth (even better over USB as you would expect). Their ANC while pretty good was not on par with the Zik from my testing.

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #39 of 110

Let us know what you think of them when they arrive. They definitely have a longer battery life and sound quality is amazing for bluetooth (even better over USB as you would expect). Their ANC while pretty good was not on par with the Zik from my testing.

How did you find the passive isolation of the Symphony 1's vs the Zik's?

I'm mostly interested in blocking out voices which no ANC seem to handle that well, so the great passive isolation togheter with the ANC of the Zik's usually helps alot in softening the chatter from my colleagues.

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #40 of 110

How did you find the passive isolation of the Symphony 1's vs the Zik's?

I'm mostly interested in blocking out voices which no ANC seem to handle that well, so the great passive isolation togheter with the ANC of the Zik's usually helps alot in softening the chatter from my colleagues.

I felt the passive isolation wasn't that good on the Zik basically because of its size. My ears were too large for them to isolate properly. Heard good things about them though for people with smaller heads and ears. The isolation on the Symphony 1 though was quite good and did muffle vocals somewhat on their own. When I tested it in the shop it pretty much drowned out the salesperson talking and the home theatre system in the other room when music was playing. I generally have to take the headphones off my head when someone is trying to talk to me to hear them properly after listenig to music for a while.

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #41 of 110

I felt the passive isolation wasn't that good on the Zik basically because of its size. My ears were too large for them to isolate properly. Heard good things about them though for people with smaller heads and ears. The isolation on the Symphony 1 though was quite good and did muffle vocals somewhat on their own. When I tested it in the shop it pretty much drowned out the salesperson talking and the home theatre system in the other room when music was playing. I generally have to take the headphones off my head when someone is trying to talk to me to hear them properly after listenig to music for a while.

Sounds good, my ears aren't that big so the Zik's isolate them easily. Looking forward to trying the Symphony 1's!

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #42 of 110

Sounds good, my ears aren't that big so the Zik's isolate them easily. Looking forward to trying the Symphony 1's!

Looking forward to seeing your comparisons. Haven't seen a comparison between the Zik and the Symphony 1 yet. Also let us know how you find the bluetooth connection reliability of the Symphony 1. I've had some issues with it dropping out when going up and down stairs and walking past multiple walls (nowhere near as bad as the Momentum though). Haven't had the chance to try them on a busy city commute yet.

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #43 of 110
I just wrote my opinon on the Definitive Technology Symphony 1's after one weeks usage in the thread dedicated to those headphones with some comments comparing them to the Parrot Zik 2.0's:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/749908/definitive-technology-deftech-symphony-1/75#post_11862330

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #44 of 110
subbed, need to keep intouch with the BTscene...love that big sound coming out of the BACKBEATPRO during a brief listen. :p
The price in AMazon now looks tempting.

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #45 of 110
I've had the Sony MDR-ZX750BN (on-the-ear) for about a year now; I recently picked up the ZX770BN (around-the-ear) because I wanted something more comfortable.

When it comes to the ANC, unfortunately, the newer 770BN's are inferior to the 750BN's. I tested this by playing airplane engine noise over my home speakers ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INrR7Jv57d8 ), and in a A-B test the 750BN's cut out noticeably more noise compared to the 770BN's.

It's kind of disappointing actually. Thinking of returning the 770's. Why can't Bose just make a Bluetooth version of their QC's??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back