The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Jan 22, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #136 of 1,354

Quote:
Yes i know. i googled the name right after i looked at it, thanks anyway though. But 700$ for a 200$ 770 whats up with that
blink.gif

Search have been saved in FS section btw
Quote:
Quote:
OMG... I am so getting one like that if one comes up for sale. that is the best looking phone i`ve ever seen, Kudos man.
popcorn.gif

http://www.moon-audio.com/Beyerdynamic_Headphones.htm

I know man...Cables can't possibly bump the price up so high. Mabye you could try applying carbon fiber vinyl onto a stock DT770. The carbon fiber decal on the DT770 isn't real either.

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #137 of 1,354
It really should be real carbonfibre @ 700$ But i guess they have been to the moon so the price is justified that way.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Yes i know. i googled the name right after i looked at it, thanks anyway though. But 700$ for a 200$ 770 whats up with that
blink.gif

Search have been saved in FS section btw
Quote:
Quote:
OMG... I am so getting one like that if one comes up for sale. that is the best looking phone i`ve ever seen, Kudos man.
popcorn.gif

http://www.moon-audio.com/Beyerdynamic_Headphones.htm

I know man...Cables can't possibly bump the price up so high. Mabye you could try applying carbon fiber vinyl onto a stock DT770. The carbon fiber decal on the DT770 isn't real either.

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #138 of 1,354
as much as i hate to admit it and as much as i hate the dre beats. i found tehy looked appealing. that was my main reason for wanting them. i had heard they were supposed to sound spectacular. but i opted out of it to get a better cheaper pair of headphones. but seeing the people at my school walking around with them makes me envious. they looked very cool but i would just get away from the temptation and just keep listening to my shure srh750dj headphones. but i wish the beats actually sounded good and were better built and cheaper. if that was the case i may have bought a pair as i thought they looked really good. but over all i prefer a more professional look. and i got over the look of the beats fast. i am looking into getting a pair of open headphones.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #139 of 1,354

Quote:
as much as i hate to admit it and as much as i hate the dre beats. i found tehy looked appealing. that was my main reason for wanting them. i had heard they were supposed to sound spectacular. but i opted out of it to get a better cheaper pair of headphones. but seeing the people at my school walking around with them makes me envious. they looked very cool but i would just get away from the temptation and just keep listening to my shure srh750dj headphones. but i wish the beats actually sounded good and were better built and cheaper. if that was the case i may have bought a pair as i thought they looked really good. but over all i prefer a more professional look. and i got over the look of the beats fast. i am looking into getting a pair of open headphones.

IMO, 750dj's are much more attractive than the beats

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #140 of 1,354
I thought you could get the carbon fiber on the DT770 through Beyer's Manufaktur website -- without the Moon recable, this would certainly be a cheaper way to get the carbon fiber.

Totally agreed on the LA7000 with the Sheoak cups -- that's what my LA7000 has, except without the Jena recable.  Definitely the prettiest headphone I own.  I also used to have an LA2000 Lite with the Silky Oak cups, and I almost liked those wood cups even better than the Sheoak.

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #141 of 1,354

Quote:
Quote:

not just that they sound much better as well. and they are way cheaper. i am glad i didnt go for the beats solos like i was leaning towards before buying the shure's. i used to think the beats sounded good. but then i read reviews on the best buy webpage. they gave them a rating of 4 out of 5 and everyone was complaining they snapped. but vice versa. the shures there had a rating of 4.8/5 and almost every review had 5/5. with one that gave it a 4 and one that gave it a 3. both did do to comfort reasons and the coiled cord. but they praised the sound quality. so that's why i went for them. not do to looks at all. but i like the looks of the 750's now that i carry them around with me everywhere. i got a few comments from people who thought they looked cool.

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #142 of 1,354

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

not just that they sound much better as well. and they are way cheaper. i am glad i didnt go for the beats solos like i was leaning towards before buying the shure's. i used to think the beats sounded good. but then i read reviews on the best buy webpage. they gave them a rating of 4 out of 5 and everyone was complaining they snapped. but vice versa. the shures there had a rating of 4.8/5 and almost every review had 5/5. with one that gave it a 4 and one that gave it a 3. both did do to comfort reasons and the coiled cord. but they praised the sound quality. so that's why i went for them. not do to looks at all. but i like the looks of the 750's now that i carry them around with me everywhere. i got a few comments from people who thought they looked cool.

I think beats look better off someone's head rather than on the head. I think the 750's look better
wink_face.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #143 of 1,354

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think beats look better off someone's head rather than on the head. I think the 750's look better
wink_face.gif

sigh..I think the same goes for the srh840's....they look great sitting around but frankly, they look horrible on your head...

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #144 of 1,354

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

wink_face.gif

ya i havnt seen many people wearing the beats though. it seems at my school people bring the beast as a fashion statement. then when they listen to music they plug in ibuds. i noticed this in the computer lab. the guy puts his beats away and plugs in some ibuds into the computer to play some tracks off youtube while he was doing his work.

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #145 of 1,354

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

wink_face.gif

ya i havnt seen many people wearing the beats though. it seems at my school people bring the beast as a fashion statement. then when they listen to music they plug in ibuds. i noticed this in the computer lab. the guy puts his beats away and plugs in some ibuds into the computer to play some tracks off youtube while he was doing his work.

at this point...they really should just get a pair of fakes...

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #146 of 1,354

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

wink_face.gif

at this point...they really should just get a pair of fakes...

ya its cheaper and makes more sense. like if they are not going to use them as music devices why buy the real ones. the general public wont know the difference. also i heard the fakes actually sound just as good as the beats or better in some instances.

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #150 of 1,354

[size=medium]
How are the acoustic properties of sheoak? I am really tempted to order a pair of markl cups for my D2000s, and I like the grain pattern of the sheoak best.

Quote:
I thought you could get the carbon fiber on the DT770 through Beyer's Manufaktur website -- without the Moon recable, this would certainly be a cheaper way to get the carbon fiber.

Totally agreed on the LA7000 with the Sheoak cups -- that's what my LA7000 has, except without the Jena recable.  Definitely the prettiest headphone I own.  I also used to have an LA2000 Lite with the Silky Oak cups, and I almost liked those wood cups even better than the Sheoak.

Quote:

Lawton Audio modified Denons.

beat you, check last page :p
 ​
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back