The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Jan 24, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #166 of 1,354
I'll go and say the nicest looking headphone is the Aiaiai TMA-1

What can I say... I'm a sucker for minimalistic design.

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #167 of 1,354
Jan 25, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #168 of 1,354
I am with you on all points except for HD650. No Sennheiser can beat HD800 in terms of aesthetics :) 

Quote:
Some runner-ups:

The AKG K701 with the white, just scrumptilicious.  

HE5 woody looks like sex from some angles, it has a bit of LCD2 going on (which looks like...from all angles).  That honey comb filter housing: lovely.

Audio Techinica ESW9 has a bit of nice styling.

My vote for most unassuming sexiness is my current pair: HD650.  

Jan 25, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #170 of 1,354
Quote:
I am with you on all points except for HD650. No Sennheiser can beat HD800 in terms of aesthetics :) 

Quote:
Some runner-ups:

The AKG K701 with the white, just scrumptilicious.  

HE5 woody looks like sex from some angles, it has a bit of LCD2 going on (which looks like...from all angles).  That honey comb filter housing: lovely.

Audio Techinica ESW9 has a bit of nice styling.

My vote for most unassuming sexiness is my current pair: HD650.  

Well yes, but I wouldn't call the HD800 unassuming.  Far from it.

Jan 25, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #171 of 1,354

Quote:

I love the look of the Connolly leather on the ATs but the plastic cranial paddles look out of place aesthetically, as does the black pleather/leather.  It should be chocolate brown or tan to match color-wise.

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #175 of 1,354

Quote:
You guys seen Calicos, latest mod of his LCD-2?

Was never a fan of the LCD-2's looks, now I think it really does belong in this thread. Incredible work.

Now if someone could do a similar job on the awful headband assembly...

Hey...Grado is using that similar assembly in their PS1 & PS1000. :)  Sliding rods rule!!
wink_face.gif

Jan 28, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #176 of 1,354
Grado is even worse as the position of the block on the rod does not even lock, and they swivel to allow the cables to twist. That they don't do anything to improve the headband as the price goes up is not good enough. That cheap solution is forgivable for an SR60 - becuase its cheap! To do the same and have a headband which is still underpadded on the £1k + PS1000 is unacceptable IMO.

At least Audeze have the sense to use a sensible method of cup rotation, and have the blocks lock on rods so there are no functionality issues.

And they padded the headband - well done... But open cell foam just glued to the headband like that? Come on, that's not befitting of a phone of this reported quality.

A nice leather covering for the headband with the foam incased inside it would do wonders for the presentation of this phone (as would anodising the ugly rods a nice metallic black).

Audeze give a fancy presentation box with this, which is very nice, but ultimately I would rather that money was spent on making the phones a little better presented.

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #177 of 1,354
I have to say I agree with this - but will perhaps say a little more when mine arrive!

Quote:
And they padded the headband - well done... But open cell foam just glued to the headband like that? Come on, that's not befitting of a phone of this reported quality.

A nice leather covering for the headband with the foam incased inside it would do wonders for the presentation of this phone (as would anodising the ugly rods a nice metallic black).

Audeze give a fancy presentation box with this, which is very nice, but ultimately I would rather that money was spent on making the phones a little better presented.

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #179 of 1,354

Quote:
I have to say I agree with this - but will perhaps say a little more when mine arrive!

Quote:

29029 - Can't help noticing you're in London - you planning on coming to the big meet planned for some time in April? I think the LCD-2 is one of the only "big hitters" not yet on the list!

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #180 of 1,354
I is yes! When in April is this and where? If I have my LCD's by then - sure - happy to come and bring them along. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back