The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Jun 16, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #931 of 1,354
  the VK-1's headband is way too thin and the whole thing screams "uber cheapie" to me, and the sound is not anywhere near its ludicrous pricetag

I'm not too fond of it either. It's hand-crafted, but honestly, I'd rather have a cheaper price tag than the pretentious feeling of knowing someone other than a factory worker in China assembled it. $500 for an on-ear seems ridiculous to me, but then, I haven't heard them. They could be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Don't know. Going to preemptively say they're meant to be a fashion headphone.

AKG, Beyerdynamic, and Sennheiser manufacture their really high-end headphones themselves rather than in a factory in East Asia, and they sound great. I may have a shot at trying out the VK-1s and they could very well prove me wrong when I do. I like being wrong because I'm pessimistic.

Also, I like that Sansui headphone, third column on the right.

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #934 of 1,354

$500 for an on-ear seems ridiculous to me, but then, I haven't heard them. They could be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Don't know. Going to preemptively say they're meant to be a fashion headphone.

$500 is ridiculous because they're not very good, not because they're on-ear

they're surprisingly clean for a closed can but there's a major bottleneck caused by the driver, which makes them sluggish, highly colored, and poorly extended

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #935 of 1,354
I personally think AKG headphones look hideous. I hate that round disc look. Looks goofy and dorky IMO.

I think headphone styling is one of the most underlooked and least well done aspects of headphones currently. Very few manufacturers make good looking headphones IMO. Beyerdynamics make some of the better looking ones IMO. 

Ultrasone make the prettiest headphones IMO. These ultrasones especially are beautiful:

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #936 of 1,354
  I personally think AKG headphones look hideous. I hate that round disc look. Looks goofy and dorky IMO.

I think headphone styling is one of the most underlooked and least well done aspects of headphones currently. Very few manufacturers make good looking headphones IMO. Beyerdynamics make some of the better looking ones IMO. 

this the best looking headphones thread, not worst looking, and AKG has a lot of different styles for their gear so it's not fair to group them all together like that

but yes, beyers headphones are pretty

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #937 of 1,354

Ultrasone make the prettiest headphones IMO. These ultrasones especially are beautiful:

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I personally like the AKG look.  Since I listen to my headphones rather than stand and look into a mirror with them, the audio quality is all that matters to me really.

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #938 of 1,354

the ED10 looks okay, but the headband is too thin and the cups are a bit gaudy

it also sounds like sin

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #944 of 1,354
  this the best looking headphones thread, not worst looking, and AKG has a lot of different styles for their gear so it's not fair to group them all together like that

but yes, beyers headphones are pretty

I like the look of their portables. T50p is quite nice looking (but apparently doesn't sound quite as good, compared to say, DT1350s).

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #945 of 1,354

I like the look of their portables. T50p is quite nice looking (but apparently doesn't sound quite as good, compared to say, DT1350s).

more like they're not even comparable; the T50p is really bad

im curious about the T51p though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back