The BEST-LOOKING Headphones
Jul 11, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #991 of 1,354
  I feel very bad for wanting a pair of these

someone smack me

You got it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXR3fWvbuFo

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #994 of 1,354
  It's just that the VK-1 looks so understated that it looks bland. There's a difference between "understated" and "boring." I can see why someone would find it pretty, but it hardly looks like a luxury item like a lot of people find. I've seen some really nice wristwatches and fashion accessories, but those just look like a failed attempt. Which is still better than the Beoplay H6, which just looks flat-out ugly as sin.

They're actually really nice in person. 

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #997 of 1,354
  Assuming you're talking about the H6, I second that to the milionth power.

Oh, no, the VK-1. The H6 is nice, but for some reason felt flimsy.

I've been lusting after a W10VTG for the better part of seven years and I finally got a pair. They look better than they do in the pictures. I'll upload some here tomorrow.

Jul 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #998 of 1,354

In terms of aesthetics, the STAX SR-007MK2 is by far my favorite headphone. So classy!

lol, turns out someone else already said "by far my favorite" for it here as well.

too bad the MK2 isn't a fraction as good as the MK1

the MK1 is also prettier IMO

<3 champagne aluminum

Jul 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #999 of 1,354
  too bad the MK2 isn't a fraction as good as the MK1

the MK1 is also prettier IMO

<3 champagne aluminum

Yep, I want 'em both! I used the same image you did in my wish list thread. I hate the way some of the old SR-007s look, except with that golden champagne and brown color scheme. Here's a good image I found of it.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,000 of 1,354
I would have to say that it is a toss up between the Sennheiser Momentum, and Momentum On-ear. Absolutely love the retro, minimalistic, clean styling of them both. Owning both, I will say that the build quality and materials used are of the highest grade. Nothing cheap about either.

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #1,001 of 1,354
  I would have to say that it is a toss up between the Sennheiser Momentum, and Momentum On-ear. Absolutely love the retro, minimalistic, clean styling of them both. Owning both, I will say that the build quality and materials used are of the highest grade. Nothing cheap about either.

I'm sorry but I just can't stand either of the momentums, especially not the black/red ones (that's been overdone to death). This is not a "retro" styling at all; retro is pure functional simplicity, not hyper flashy shiny curvy B/S like the momentums.

The Yamaha YH-1/2 and Audio-Technica ATH-6D have what I'd call a "retro" styling.

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #1,002 of 1,354
  retro is pure functional simplicity, not hyper flashy shiny curvy B/S like the momentums.

The Yamaha YH-1/2 and Audio-Technica ATH-6D have what I'd call a "retro" styling.

To each their own I guess. What you just described, pure functional simplicity, is exactly what both Momentums are. I really don't see hyper flashy shiny curvy when I look at both headphones hanging up in front of me. The MOE are shiny, but NOT hyper shiny. Neither are flashy. Very subtle lines. But like I said, to each their own.

As someone who comes from a family of musicians, broadcast professionals, military, and pilots, I have seen/used dozens of professional 'retro' headphones. In my eyes both Momentums fall into 'retro' more so than what you posted. Retro style IMO are these:

beerchug.gif

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #1,003 of 1,354

To each their own I guess. What you just described, pure functional simplicity, is exactly what both Momentums are. I really don't see hyper flashy shiny curvy when I look at both headphones hanging up in front of me. The MOE are shiny, but NOT hyper shiny. Neither are flashy. Very subtle lines. But like I said, to each their own.

+1. I love the look of the Momentums. Very adult-centric design that even teenagers could pull off.

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #1,005 of 1,354

Users who are viewing this thread

Back