The best cable for Senn HD800, Grado PS1000, Denon AH-D7000, AKG 701/2
Sep 6, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #16 of 77
I'm keeping my eyes on Cardas to see what they come up with (their HD800 cable is in the works). I personally did not feel that their cables were the best for the HD650, but think that their sonic signature (if maintained in the HD800 offering) will be spot on!

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #17 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by carledwards /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Much disagreement on that; certainly I disagree. Cable differences may not be the most dramatic in the chain of components but to claim they don't exist is plain wrong.

It's not if the evidence (or lack) is on my side - which it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not dramatic as the amp, but can help with a better instrument separation and more body to the sound. Overall improvement of 10 to 15%.

Again - prove it.

Sep 6, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #18 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again - prove it.

lol, buy it, or make it, and prove to yourself. What I'm interested in is to compare my K702 recable with Mogami W2534 to Aloksatoor from page 1, that maybe has the K701 with the 22 gauge ultra jena.

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #19 of 77
I don't have to - all the studies show there is no difference.
In the end you can buy cable if you want - it makes it look nicer at least but don't be expecting any SQ difference because there isn't any.

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #20 of 77
The placebo effect works perfectly for me.
tongue_smile.gif
– I'm probably going for the Blue Dragon.

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #21 of 77
I would vote for the SAA Voice cable hardwired to the 800's. I've only tried the stock and the Voice, but the difference between the two is not slight. The Voice, though expensive, brought the 800's to another level. The lows are much improved and the harshness on the high end I used to hear on some tracks with the stock cable is gone. Worth it IMO, based on money I spent before the cable upgrade on components and other areas in my system trying to get the 800's to sound like they do now with the Voice cable.

Sep 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #22 of 77
Too expensive for me.

Sep 6, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #23 of 77
Stock cable

PERIOD

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #24 of 77
We really needed another thread ending into a cable debate, I missed that so much.
btw...
"I made some tests and couldn't hear any difference" --> Ok, one can agree or not agree but at least it's an opinion based on experience and it can be discussed
"Science tells it doesn't make any difference but I never took care of test it myself" --> Fail, not even worth to discuss with...

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #25 of 77
Many peaple tell stock and don't even tried another cables.

I have stock, equinox and balanced equinox for my HD650 and it's major upgrade for me.

We just need meet with stock hd800, equinox hardwire hd800 and Apure or other brand cable with HD800 and peaple will be able to test that.

I am sure the voice is better ... but is the 200$ cable is good enough to don't worry about the voice ?

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #26 of 77
i think the cables doesn't make much difference, but if you are going from stock unbalanced cable to balanced setup, then that's a different story.
normal_smile .gif

I'm planning to get the hd800 too and wait for the Zu cables to come out...
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #27 of 77
when I recabled my D1001 the difference was -very- obvious.

Therefore, I will forever be a modest beleiver in cables.

I also want to note that the difference was not necessary positive. This is what makes me certain that it's no placebo effect.
In the case of the D1001, the mid hump was removed.. highs were much more brilliant, and the bass was significantly... boosted.
I've been meaning to do a markl mod on them to rid of the boosted bass... for now I've just been using an equalizer in combination with them.

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #28 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, buy it, or make it, and prove to yourself. What I'm interested in is to compare my K702 recable with Mogami W2534 to Aloksatoor from page 1, that maybe has the K701 with the 22 gauge ultra jena.

what is SO laughable on the K702 is that ALO add a killer cryo litz braided cable + Furutech....but they keep the lousy stock connection between the 2 cups, which is :
1)"cheap" stock wire
2)very poorly made from what some ppl said

AKG 702 Reference Headphone WITH ALO new SXC Mico CABLE

when you ask ALO about that, they say "yeah well, it still sounds better than stock anyway"

so what about all the usual cable seller bs? you know inductance, dielectrics, 101% pure copper yada yada
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when I recabled my D1001 the difference was -very- obvious. [..]
I also want to note that the difference was not necessary positive.

that's the key IMO....using some random cable on a random phone is a major hit & miss.
if you have plenty of time and different wires, at some point you should be able to find a cable that changes the phone FR in a positive way(fixing some notches here and there).

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #29 of 77
Even cable fans agree that cables don't offer a significant difference in sound - anywhere from 10-15% to zero. Double-blind tests indicate that there's no difference at all.

Then again, a few users seem to hear a difference after cable burn-in - a forbidden topic best ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back