The best cable for Senn HD800, Grado PS1000, Denon AH-D7000, AKG 701/2
Sep 24, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #76 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it as good as that, the HD800? (serious question). Do you consider it close to Orpheus???

Yes, it is close, and in some ways it is better. More accurate, more organic and realistic, more threedimensional, more substantial bass, more «PRaT», airier treble... But that's just me and my pair of ears.

Quote:

Then for sure with one of those uber-expensive aftermarket cables (Lawton, Stefan etc) it would beat the Orpheus by a laaaaaaaaaaarge margin...
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope it gets even better. But by how much? Cable upgrades with Senns have always been rewarded with higher sound quality, but maybe the HD 800 is an exception.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #77 of 77
I just changed my cable because I had to. Went to a good headphone store. The first thing the salesman said after asking was stick with stock cable. He then started telling me me about other fancier cables but I couldn't justify spending for marginal benefits. What I did do is upgraded to a XJR jack. I'm quite surprised. This well worth it. Cleans everything up. No more anything in the backround. Also warms up the sound.
My previous cans were Senn 650 which I changed the cable to silver dragon. On the 650s that made a big difference. I recommend that change as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back